Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

It's been awhile since I've last mentioned what I'm working on. So, here are some examples...

1. It might not be too noticeable, but I've changed Hyper Sonic's effects to white. It includes Homing Attack, Stomp, Boost, Slide. However, the spin jump still has some blue, the boost sparkles are still blue, and the steam-aura effect fluctuates between a yellow hue and a blue hue.

HyperWhiteAura2.png

2. And here, I show off some more animation modding. However, the biggest thing is the lights on his hands+gold cuffs. Normally, making the textures yellow causes them to look white due to how the material works. I found a way to get around that (by hex editing a yellow-based material from a different character.)

1SuperSilverLightFixB.png

3. Remember when it seemed like Super Sonic couldn't be model swapped? Or how about when it turned out Shadow's model actually worked over Super Sonic, but not any other character? Nobody could figure out why the game crashes when a non Sonic/non Shadow model was used.

Well, I'm definitely on the right track to fixing this, and this screenshot is proof. The hint is in the parts of the model that don't look normal.

1SilveroverSuperSonic.png

Now all I need to do is study the hex pointers within the models and .skl.hkx files. Unlike Silver, fixing the other models would require changes to the file-sizes due to the larger number of variation from Sonic's bone structure.

• Thumbs Up 7

Seeing what I can further change with the Spin Attack.

Sonic can now Spin backwards, which is a big step towards my goal of at least 75% accurate Spin Attack. Sonic also doesn't uncurl until you come to a complete stop.

The video also demonstrates Super Sonic's enhanced speed, slower ring consumption, and faster air control.

Edited by Lobotomy
  • Thumbs Up 4

It's been awhile since I've last mentioned what I'm working on. So, here are some examples...

1. It might not be too noticeable, but I've changed Hyper Sonic's effects to white. It includes Homing Attack, Stomp, Boost, Slide. However, the spin jump still has some blue, the boost sparkles are still blue, and the steam-aura effect fluctuates between a yellow hue and a blue hue.

HyperWhiteAura2.png

Sooo..Hyper Sonic Mod: The Nazo Edition?! :P

Nice work JoeTE, Your super mod will be tons fun to play with once its finally released.

Sooo..Hyper Sonic Mod: The Nazo Edition?! tongue.png

Nice work JoeTE, Your super mod will be tons fun to play with once its finally released.

I'd already released two earlier revisions. The latest released version still has the blue aura effects that I replaced, and probably still has the normal Sonic model for Hyper Sonic instead of a hexed Super Sonic model, but it works.

Also, perfect timing, as I've made another video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bncnKUcqrwo&hd=1&t=15s

Well, I don't plan to. mellow.png

BoomBoomFP seems to be working on that though. wink.png

Edited by RicoRob

Remember that post where posted some screenshots?

I mentioned that I was on the right track toward fixing the whole "Non Sonic/Shadow models crash the game when ported over Super Sonic" issue?

Well, I wasn't actually on the right track to finding the solution. It turns out that what I did for Silver WAS the solution.

The problem was that the game tries to detect 12 specific bone names within the model whenever you use the skill. If it doesn't find bones with those names, the game crashes.

The names of the bones are:

Needle_U_C

Needle1_U_C

Needle_U_L

Needle1_U_L

Needle_U_R

Needle1_U_R

Needle_B_C

Needle1_B_C

Needle_B_L

Needle1_B_L

Needle_B_R

Needle1_B_R

Notably, you can rename ANY 12 bones within a model to those 12 names (as long as the original bone names are the same length as the require bone name.) The animations will look odd due to the renamed bones, but it won't crash.

The best part is that if you make the same bone name changes within the skl.hkx file AND every anm.hkx file you use, all of the animations will look exactly like they would have in the original model, saving you the trouble of re-making them.

Here's an example pic:

1NoMoreCrashing.png

inb4 numerous requests for hexed models/skeletons/animations

• Thumbs Up 5

inb4 numerous requests for hexed models/skeletons/animations

I want this:

breakdancing_eggman_by_ultamitelifeform360-d3h2i82.gif

Edited by RaceTH
  • Thumbs Up 5

I want this:

breakdancing_eggman_by_ultamitelifeform360-d3h2i82.gif

I don't take random requests of this sort...

The inb4 was supposed to imply that people were going to do it anyway no matter how much I say I dislike requests...

However, Breakdancing Eggman DOES look like it'd be fun to work with...

If you REALLY want me to do that one, you'll have to wait until that Playable Eggman project is improved, has some consistent and fixed animations, AND for someone to make the breakdancing animation as his victory pose. >:D

The inb4 was supposed to imply that people were going to do it anyway no matter how much I say I dislike requests...

If you REALLY want me to do that one, you'll have to wait until that Playable Eggman project is improved, has some consistent and fixed animations, AND for someone to make the breakdancing animation as his victory pose. >biggrin.png

We need this as a hack.

Edited by The True BlackHawk
  • Thumbs Up 2

If you REALLY want me to do that one, you'll have to wait until that Playable Eggman project is improved, has some consistent and fixed animations, AND for someone to make the breakdancing animation as his victory pose. >: D

I was just kidding :P

Super Eggman will be Eggman with the yellow aura...

Edited by RaceTH

I was just kidding...

Super Eggman will be Eggman with the yellow aura.

Sorry. I can never tell whether anyone is being serious or joking unless they say it or the joke is obvious enough...

However, the yellow outfit would look for the Doctor's Super Form... XD

What are the names for the falling animations????!!!

They are the following:

sn_jump_d_s_loop.anm - The most used falling animation, after homing, blah blah.

sn_jump_d_loop.anm - Used after springs and stuff.

sn_jump_d_arc_loop.anm - Used after boost, when sonic leans backwards while falling.

They are the following:

sn_jump_d_s_loop.anm - The most used falling animation, after homing, blah blah.

sn_jump_d_loop.anm - Used after springs and stuff.

sn_jump_d_arc_loop.anm - Used after boost, when sonic leans backwards while falling.

coole.png

Well this is my last post before release. Me and BoomboomFp are making Perfect chaos into a lava being! So like I was saying, the break dance of death will be made when I think of an animation to use it for. Also we will try to get the 06 voice for Sonic... So now, I leave you with some images and a vid...

sonicgenerations2012040.jpg

Edited by Pony the hedgehog

coole.png

Well this is my last post before release. Me and BoomboomFp are making Perfect chaos into a lava being! So like I was saying, the break dance of death will be made when I think of an animation to use it for. Also we will try to get the 06 voice for Sonic... So now, I leave you with some images and a vid...

You remove the boost effect

i was wondering if you would do that

looks rather good

i will be one of your downloaders

Shadow Version 3 Released!

Not much to say.. All is said in the video description.

Awesome, and works awesome aswell. Just some trouble with Shadows startup on stages like Speed Highway and Rooftop Run, and his victory animations are a little stiff. One of the Super Shadows is standing in the air after Time Eater.

Aaaand thats about all I got.

Using an Xbox Controller was a bit akward because of the PS3 layout.

Still a mod of epicness.

PS. Is Shadow Android a boss or a Sonic mod?

PPS. Do we get the Sonic Boss soon aswell? :3

EDIT: Nevermind we talked about it Steam :3

Edited by The True BlackHawk

Copy/Paste from retro,looks like someone is using the custom animations to his advantage =P

So, as several of you know, I've started my own Generations mod. I have the feeling that it might turn out pretty well. Here's what I have so far

MoreAnimationEdits.png

WhatABeach.png

Sonic adventure Generations anyone?
  • Thumbs Up 5

Copy/Paste from retro,looks like someone is using the custom animations to his advantage =P

Sonic adventure Generations anyone?

Those are some epic animations.