Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

Erm.. If its a PC game I guess you can find it in your root directory.. If its a console game I have no clue.

Edited my previous post, it's a PS2 low-budget game, from SEGA AGES 2500 series...

Edited by XRick

What laptop are you using? What are your specs for your laptop? I'm just wondering.

Lenovo Thinkpad X220i Tablet

It's got an Intel i3 Processor at about 2.10 GHz

about 4 gigs of RAM

I'm kinda too lazy to look up the rest of the specs. It's completely playable, just not with a smooth framerate. Except in some areas. Classic Sky Sanctuary runs a lot better, and the Death Egg Robo fight runs perfectly. I'm at City Escape, so I still have yet to test everything else out.

This is totally off-topic but since I don't know where else I can go ask this I'll try here...

I wanted to extract stuff from the PS2 game Phantasy Star Generation:1, like event cutscenes, character art, etc...

What do I need to accomplish it? I have no experience at all on this matter...

Yeah next time you should just create your own topic or something.

Long ago on NGemu i made a topic about extracting audio off PS2 Disks/ISOs but along the way I ran into getting the stuff you menctioned here, gander around the topic maybe it'll help:

http://forums.ngemu.com/showthread.php?t=91062

I has no Idea how to open it in max :3

search up a program named hkxcmd it lets you convert hkx files into kf files then theres a 3ds max plugin for kf =P

Yeah next time you should just create your own topic or something.

Long ago on NGemu i made a topic about extracting audio off PS2 Disks/ISOs but along the way I ran into getting the stuff you menctioned here, gander around the topic maybe it'll help:

http://forums.ngemu....ead.php?t=91062

Sorry, I wandered through that topic but found nothing useful...

Could you specify, please? I'd really appreciate it...

Edited by XRick

Sorry, I wandered through that topic but found nothing useful...

Could you specify, please? I'd really appreciate it...

Because your skimming the topic, slow down and read it.

FMVtool by Gigaherz can help so can cube media player 2.05.0117, but thats going to be a harder program to find since its an older program.

There may be newer tools today since the topic was made in 2007.

Its possible, those 2 just extract anything they runs across. or you can set them to search for a certain extension.

This is getting way off topic now. its against the rules to derail a thread for anything more then a few posts so i'm going to stop now. If you want any more advice i suggest going to NGemu and starting up a thread there.

Edited by goku262002

Its possible, those 2 just extract anything they runs across. or you can set them to search for a certain extension.

This is getting way off topic now.

Ah, guys?

I really want someone to figure out how to change the distance view limit in order to make the game faster (some PCs are not that powerful to view a really large distance)

For example: GTA IV and battlefield 3 on PC both have a configuration setting in the option menu for changing the distance view.

Edited by Guest

The video is by twilightzoney, one of the people helping Dario with his Unleashed project. seems that hes been playing around with the mario level format too.

Not really anything to do with Mario, it's just the level importer. He just happened and so did I as well to choose those levels because they're light in polygons and small enough. Until I optimize the mesh writing to include triangle strip support and nail down the visbility tree and terrain groups better we can't really create complex stuff as the game just won't load it when it hits the memory limit.

Dude is also playing around with the editor for his Emerald Coast reimagination.

Lenovo Thinkpad X220i Tablet

It's got an Intel i3 Processor at about 2.10 GHz

about 4 gigs of RAM

I'm kinda too lazy to look up the rest of the specs. It's completely playable, just not with a smooth framerate. Except in some areas. Classic Sky Sanctuary runs a lot better, and the Death Egg Robo fight runs perfectly. I'm at City Escape, so I still have yet to test everything else out.

Wait, what's the Graphics Card? I have pretty much the same specs, but due to Intel HD, Generations doesn't run for me.

Welp, I tried using Generations on my lovely (not really) Intel HD card, and well, the best resolution I can get it to with a reasonable framerate is around 480p, with everything else turned off.

Well people, Classic Blaze is finally being worked on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OaGZT8s1Gg&feature=youtu.be

Feedback is appreciated.

Very good work so far. Love the T-pose for charging the spin dash. XD

For that animation I recommend that you should use the rolling animation, but faster. Like in Sonic Rush.

EDIT: Keep the S-Rank animation! That made me laugh so hard. XD

Edited by SuperRiderTH

Holy shit, Dario! Just WOW!

But the most anticipated level for me is Adabat))). Well, Holoska too. ^^ Can't wait to see them as well! But what you have done as of now.. Just WOW!

did you use my no HUD mod? ^^

Edited by ArtFenix

Man Dario, you never tell us all the cool detail like you do at retro we care about the techincal woosits behind this project too :(. Lucky you got me here to do it:

So here's a new update video as promised for the progress we got done so far. This time encoded at 1080p and played by your fellow beloved member TwilightZoney.

*Posted video above*

Screenshots:

sonicgenerations2012041.png

Tons more screens at Sonic Retro! biggrin.png

Summary of new features:

• Converted model vertex format globally to Generations data type(this took lots of research)
  • With model fixing came shadow and lighting fixing as well, plus most materials showing up fine now.
  • Breakable Objects also converted properly plus with their physics files ported over(thanks to some handy automatization I did)
  • Material fixing is still on progress but going good

The remaining 2 levels weren't shown because they look too ugly at the moment without the full vertex data of the unleashed stages properly reverse engineered yet. The most important details that are missing at the moment are normals(they're autogenerated on our versions for now, so that's why "smoothing groups" might look weird), and vertex coloring. This should be somewhere in the original data and I aim to port it even more accurately later.

So our project goals are shifting a bit at the moment because news have reached my ears that someone is indeed cracking the Havok 360 binary format and endian-swapping it to the PC version. This might mean we won't even need to make our own collision and animations, but the original goal of fixing all those glitches would still remain though. What would be left over then is fixing the layouts as best as possible.

In regards to the Jungle Joyride teleportation thing I haven't been able to figure it out so I might just end up moving it closer and just recreate some scenery I guess.

As for SonicGLvl things are looking up. Geometry importing still has long ways to go but it has been going good so far. Working on both projects mutually benefits the progress of the other so don't think I'm leaving either behind!

But reguardless, point stands that you and twlight are awesome and are gods among generations hackers.

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 2