Awoo.

This Week On PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: Free Avatars, Oh Kratos... you continue to goof.

Badnik Mechanic

We did that just for fun at Neogaf it wasn't intended to look real.

Got this from 4chan actually, but thanks for letting me know. Apologies.

Man....what I would GIVE if that Crash photo was real. Literally, I'd give anything. Sony, want a kidney?

• Thumbs Up 4

LOOK WHAT YOU DID WITH MY KEYBOARD! LOOK AT IT! I AIN'T CLEANING THAT!

Eww is fake. Better clean that mess and pick up the pieces of my "special part".

Edited by Jango

Daaamm that looks so real too! ;-; I was so happy for a moment.

Come on Sony, reveal some new characters so we don't have to wait anxiously!

Let me take a guess at some of the other rivals: Nathan and Sweet Tooth, Ratchet and Jak, Nariko and Kratos, then we could have some funny random ones like Sackboy and Dante.

I don't know, some characters seem too nice to find a rivalry with another guys like Parappa and Sackboy, but hey thats why we have the minions, pretty sure Toro would get along with Heiachi if it wasn't for Kuro.

Edited by Tmsp

I thought it would have been cool if they went the "Silent Movie" cutscenes similar to how Brawl does it.

...And CGI cutscenes would have been cool.

I thought it would have been cool if they went the "Silent Movie" cutscenes similar to how Brawl does it.

...And CGI cutscenes would have been cool.

I think that making the cutscenes silent like Brawl would take away the charm of many characters like Nathan Drake and Parappa for example.

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 4

Especially considering that they bring back the original VA for Parappa.

Anyway, considering what Paul Gale hinted is easy to say that the leak doesn't show the full content since at least one more female character is missing (wich could be Lightning, but someone pointed even at Kat from Gravity Rush). That alone gives hope for more characters.

But still 20 to 25/30 characters for a game like this is a pretty small number, especially considering that PS3 has a lot more space and capability of the Wii. The stages on the other hand are really something, and the idea of the mash-ups is perfect, since with that, more franchises can have their respective space rapresented in the game.

As i said, i just hope that the roster will not be so small...

Edited by Teoskaven

Especially considering that they bring back the original VA for Parappa.

Anyway, considering what Paul Gale hinted is easy to say that the leak doesn't show the full content since at least one more female character is missing (wich could be Lightning, but someone pointed even at Kat from Gravity Rush). That alone gives hope for more characters.

But still 20 to 25/30 characters for a game like this is a pretty small number, especially considering that PS3 has a lot more space and capability of the Wii. The stages on the other hand are really something, and the idea of the mash-ups is perfect, since with that, more franchises can have their respective space rapresented in the game.

As i said, i just hope that the roster will not be so small...

I think they said it would be 24 characters, then there will be DLC and Kat will probably be there I guess since some guy from SB stated that there was a character that they didn't know that would get so request and have such a big fanbase.

If i remember correctly, Mario was the character that SuperBot's team wanted most but knew they couldn't have.

Suddenly i'm not anymore surprised on the decision of the new Dante look.

Also, I don't think this has been posted yet.

Check it out and stuff.

So, from that vid, I got that PSASBR has worse graphics, muffled sound, and a terribly zoomed out camera.

So, from that vid, I got that PSASBR has worse graphics, muffled sound, and a terribly zoomed out camera.

Worse graphics it definitely doesn't have, maybe an art style that you don't like?

How about the gameplay? It is the most important thing after all.

The graphics are relatively similar but Battle Royale is kind of undermined by it's muddier art style. There's not much of a contrast and the colors are a bit bleached.

I think what I kind of don't like the most about it so far is the sound effects. They're ridiculously cheap and lack punch. One of the things that made Brawl and Marvel vs Capcom 3 such blasts to play was not just the aesthetic explosion of colors and contrast but also the powerful sound effects that made fighting and connecting hits so damn satisfying, and Battle Royale kind of lacks that.

On the other hand the combos, depth and character (game play) variety looks swell. The game looks fun to play, it's just not very fun to look at, which kind of sucks to miss out on in a mascot fighter.

• Thumbs Up 1

According to Clockw0rk, a lot of the assets shown in events - specific mentions to UI & SFX materials - are placeholder and should differ from the finalized product.

• Thumbs Up 2

Naw, the graphics are pretty good.. well at least the Hades stage looks great. I've been playing the game(private Beta), it is a lot different from Smash as far as mechanics go. I will say this though about Brawls artstyle, it's far more appealing, perhaps it's just my familiarity with Nintendo's characters, but whatever. The games fun.

Edited by SpeedsMyGame