Awoo.

This Week On PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: Free Avatars, Oh Kratos... you continue to goof.

Badnik Mechanic

Ubisoft seems to be a very gentle and kind company this recent months (being exactly the opposite of EA and Activision), so i guess that AC could have a chance.

I don't know about RE: if we still have Dante and a potential gunner moveset is already for Drake and Radec, i don't know who can they put in...

The real question is with all this variety of third part characters we will see a SEGA one (Yakuza perhaps?).

Connor would probably be the AC choice, since All-stars seems to be advertising upcoming or recent installments of games. As for resident evil....Wesker?

Going by the advertising way it would be the new dude from Resident Evil 6.

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

Some dude from SuperBot just confirmed that Kazuya and Jin from Tekken aren't in the game just Heihachi and his minion Kuma.

Nothing was said about Ryu from Ninja Gaiden.

After playing the Beta, I can safely say that...I don't get it. Can't say more than that because LOLNDA.

Edited by Crow T. Robot

After playing the Beta, I can safely say that...I don't get it. Can't say more than that because LOLNDA.

There is no NDA with the private beta.

• Thumbs Up 1

LOL Tomba, now THAT would be fantastic. Sony y u only pick gay IPs? I can change Kratos, Fat ass Princess (who ever heard about that game?), Big Daddy for Crash, Spyro, Tomba, Pac-Man, anyday.

Yep, this one. I can tell each render of Crash apart easily.

That's sad.

Sorry friend, you can't. THAT'S TwinSanity FOR sure. And the character selection render is from The Wrath of Cortex. If someone is a Crash maniac here, it's me.

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 1

Some dude from SuperBot just confirmed that Kazuya and Jin from Tekken aren't in the game just Heihachi and his minion Kuma.

It was Cl0ckwork, so it can be considered a respectable source. In that case, that proves my theory of the fake image, so i don't know even for Ryu at this point.

I just did not like it. I know it's a Beta but, I seriously doubt the way the game plays is going to change in 2 months. I had a hard time telling what the hell I was doing at all times, the animations were...weird and janky, and that whole super required to get any points thing really makes you feel like no one is going anywhere for a large portion of the match. I was holding out hoping for it to be good but, it really doesn't seem like it's going to be.

So either some intern got carried away with photoshop or they're trolling the fuck out of everyone with these 'leaks'.

He did not mention Nariko or comment about the Raiden picture. Nor Sackboy. Hm hm.

Where'd you get an invite?

I hear Sony sends out codes but I dunno where and how.

Random email invites get sent periodically to PSN users.

Edited by Dobkeratops

.photo_2.jpg

*laughs* No.

Yeah clearly that is fake and it's a shame it's fake because I'd love to have Crash in

that render in the box is from Wrath of Cortex

Chcrashwoc.jpg

and the bigger image is Twinsanity

OpcZX.jpg

Clearly fake because I think they would use the current design of Crash if they was going to add him in.

Q2Oe3.png

See another Crash maniac here :P

Edited by Shaddix Leto Croft

The game is looking pretty good. All I ask is for a traditional most kills wins rule without having to use supers to score points. I like the idea of it but I seriously hope that isn't the only way to get kills. It would probably bore after a while. A health bar for the characters would be far better.

Edited by BlueTidalGamer

http://www.giantbomb...e-beta/17-6423/

This game looks terrible.

Those people playing are terrible. Of course it looks terrible, everyone is just doing the most basic moves, theres no attempts at doing combos, theres no sense that either player knows what to do.

Jeff Gerstmann has sufficient fighting game chops.

Edit: I guess it shouldn't surprise me, Sonic fans are always blaming players for games' problems pre release.

Edited by Phos

Edit: I guess it shouldn't surprise me, Sonic fans are always blaming players for games' problems pre release.

I don't see any problems in it, maybe you don't like it but other people do, opinions you know the drill.

And saying that Sonic fans blame game problems on the players its really stupid.

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 2

Maybe some but not all. andin this instance, we can really jump to the "it was the game" thing. Most haven't tried the game yet so how would you know? plus when it comes to fighting games i'd say most of the time it IS the player sucking. Geez didn't need to be rude.dry.png Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

That has to be one of the most pathetic defences of an argument I have read in a long time.

The people playing in that video are doing shit. It looks shit because they're playing like shit. Watch two people playing any fighting game using only the most basic attacks and very rarely going for one another I would imagine one would find that a boring experience.

• Thumbs Up 1

How does anyone expect combos that were shown in one-on-one videos to ever be on display in a chaotic four-man free-for-all brawl anyway? Actually, can someone answer me why combos and "being good" has to be the appeal behind this kind of game?

Marvel vs Capcom, Smash Bros, Anarchy Reigns and Twisted Metal all look great from their fundamentals enough that being "good" at a game should really not matter when just looking at it. It doesn't matter who's playing it in a party context which is what this video was doing, and it still looks lifeless all the same.

It doesn't matter who's playing it in a party context which is what this video was doing, and it still looks lifeless all the same.

Yes it does, For the first fight especially, two of the players are not actually doing much of anything.

Look at the start of the first fight at around the 4min mark. When it starts everybody is actually doing something and trying to fight.... whilst the moves are very basic it doesn't look that bad... then a short while later, the parappa in the blue hat starts to run away and just do taunts by the looks of it, shortly after that, player 4 stops playing, he's still there in the game as the other players can score hits on him. But he's just buggered off and let the game run. If you don't believe me just go take a look, and watch player 4, for the majority of the fight he's just standing there not doing anything.

I'm not bloody surprised it looks lifeless if one player has pissed off not even halfway through the game and another just keeps running away. When Player 4 does return, he more or less spends the entire match stood away from everyone using a keep away/snipe attack/ranged moves.

Even the second fight has a moment where a player just randomly stops playing, but it's a lot better to watch because the other three actually look like they want to play. Even the guy doing commentary stops at one point and says 'I'm just waiting for someone to come over so I can pop my special.' You can't expect a game to be shown off well if the people playing it are just standing still or not actually getting involved, especially if you're in a 4 player party fighting type game where you expect it to be a bit of a mob mentality at times.

That has to be one of the most pathetic defences of an argument I have read in a long time.

The people playing in that video are doing shit. It looks shit because they're playing like shit. Watch two people playing any fighting game using only the most basic attacks and very rarely going for one another I would imagine one would find that a boring experience.

Not Smash Brothers.

2zgsuh1.jpg

Anyway, I really did play the game and can confirm it feels as bad as it looks. You CAN do combos yeah but, the way the game is make it's nearly impossible to tell if you're actually doing a combo or just one long drawn out move. Seriously, the animations and over all feel of the game is terrible. I think their efforts to differentiate it from Smash Brothers are damning them because, they basically took out the good parts.

Edited by Crow T. Robot

Yes it does, For the first fight especially, two of the players are not actually doing much of anything.

Look at the start of the first fight at around the 4min mark. When it starts everybody is actually doing something and trying to fight.... whilst the moves are very basic it doesn't look that bad... then a short while later, the parappa in the blue hat starts to run away and just do taunts by the looks of it, shortly after that, player 4 stops playing, he's still there in the game as the other players can score hits on him. But he's just buggered off and let the game run. If you don't believe me just go take a look, and watch player 4, for the majority of the fight he's just standing there not doing anything.

I'm not bloody surprised it looks lifeless if one player has pissed off not even halfway through the game and another just keeps running away. When Player 4 does return, he more or less spends the entire match stood away from everyone using a keep away/snipe attack/ranged moves.

Even the second fight has a moment where a player just randomly stops playing, but it's a lot better to watch because the other three actually look like they want to play. Even the guy doing commentary stops at one point and says 'I'm just waiting for someone to come over so I can pop my special.' You can't expect a game to be shown off well if the people playing it are just standing still or not actually getting involved, especially if you're in a 4 player party fighting type game where you expect it to be a bit of a mob mentality at times.

What makes you think I was even paying attention at what the player character was doing, and that I wasn't looking on what the CPU was doing throughout the entire game? Because quite frankly none of this shit looks remotely any more or less interesting than anything else I've seen from the game, bar the one-man combo showcase and the actual Title Fight Sony pitch which looked way more dynamic and fun than this does.

I have seen a good deal of Giant Bomb's Quick Looks. Their Super Meat Boy quick look, as well as their Bionic Commando one have easily in the past done a good job at getting me excited from things just by looking at how things work. But from a fundamental level, Battle Royale looks plain and dull, and frankly "players sucking" is a piss poor excuse, because it means a certain level of sophistication is expected for enjoyment to be extracted from a game or even just at first glance, and if there's a barrier to be had of any kind this game is severely limiting itself.

At the very least in games like Sonic Generations and Unleashed I could look at it and go "oh yeah well at least I know it'll probably be a lot better once I get my hands on it and master it". This game isn't giving me any of that, and while I look forward to playing it, my skepticism just weighs down heavier with most developments.

Also Parappa's Level 3 looks like horseshit.