Awoo.

This Week On PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: Free Avatars, Oh Kratos... you continue to goof.

Badnik Mechanic

Also Parappa's Level 3 looks like horseshit.

Why? Seems cool as an homage to the last level of the original Parappa game.

• Thumbs Up 3

Let me rephrase that; it looks great.

But an unblockable one-shotting everyone?

Horsehsit. One of the many reasons I just don't get behind the whole "kills only count with specials" gimmick.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think any type of unblockable one shots really kill off the "competitive" feel that they want for the game.

• Thumbs Up 2

What makes you think I was even paying attention at what the player character was doing, and that I wasn't looking on what the CPU was doing throughout the entire game?

The fact that the video only shows human players and not CPU players?

Unless I've missed something obvious, only looking at the usernames of all the players at the bottom of the screen, there are no CPU players at any point in that video. They are all human.

Not Smash Brothers.

Yes, I'm pretty sure a Smash match where people rarely do anything is super fun.

Because, uh.

Uh.

YgyVa.jpg

Yeah.

Let me rephrase that; it looks great.

But an unblockable one-shotting everyone?

Horsehsit. One of the many reasons I just don't get behind the whole "kills only count with specials" gimmick.

You get 3 kills which is less than you can get with a controllable level 3 like Kratos'.

Isn't the whole point not letting players farm AP? If you're not chasing and attacking your opponents then you deserve to be insta-killed. I think that's the theory behind the system.

Ironically, from the early beta feedback, Parappa's pretty underpowered and/or Sly is too OP.

• Thumbs Up 1

He didn't say Smash where no one does anything, he said Smash where people use basic attacks, I.E. A attacks and Smash Attacks. Which is what most people actually do. The thing about that, is shit actually happens in Smash when people just beat the hell out of each other. It is not the case in this game, I have experienced it. Also, getting hit barely affects your AP, only Sly is good at actually reducing it.

Nice Sheperd image, though.

Edited by Crow T. Robot
  • Thumbs Up 1

The fact that the video only shows human players and not CPU players?

Unless I've missed something obvious, only looking at the usernames of all the players at the bottom of the screen, there are no CPU players at any point in that video. They are all human.

Fair enough, just realized that it was online games so I'll admit I shat the bed on that judgement.

Overall though, I was looking only at where the action was, which I saw plenty of, but that doesn't change the fact that I still think it looks boring, combos or not. I really hate having to bring up "Smash Bros" because it's such an easy way to paint a target on my back saying "Hit Me" for comparing it because of obvious reasons but really, for me it could really use some of that aura of calamity, fun and flair that just made it a visual and immersive spectacle no matter what you were doing.

Hell, personally I'd have been absolutely okay if it took some more cues from that game instead of deviating just a mite too much where it isn't really necessary for them to do so.

Consensus does seem to be "boring to look at but fun to play".

Ideally they'd have a demo with a more recent build hitting soon, with all the balance/aesthetic changes done since (ie: SFX fixes) as the beta comes from a pretty early stage of development and is meant for server stress testing, not selling people on the premise.

At the very worst case scenario though, the sequel could potentially be amazing if past Sony series are anything to go by ;P

He didn't say Smash where no one does anything, he said Smash where people use basic attacks, I.E. A attacks and Smash Attacks. Which is what most people actually do.

"using only the most basic attacks and very rarely going for one another"

Should've erased that part from the quoting mister!

Nice Sheperd image, though.

Any excuse is a good excuse to post the best Shepard.

For me it's boring to play too but, that could be because it's a confusing mess to me. Granted, Smash Brothers can be a confusing mess too but, there's something about that game where it's fun. Maybe it's not chaotic enough in All-Stars. Speaking of that, Smash Brothers can kill your ass if you just sit around, this game doesn't seem to have that.

Edited by Crow T. Robot

So this good youtuber Durden77 did a rundown of the beta. He talks and shows off each of the characters' gameplay, attacks, most of the supers, and how the game feels and where it falls and rises. Check it out if you want cause it provides some good points that the previewers don't.

And if you haven't heard it yet, the Menu Music for the beta (sounds neat)

Sorry if I offended anyone, I can't help but think back to the numerous gameplay videos for Unleashed coming out of E3 where no one was sliding in time for the first low overhang and no one thought that it could be an unreasonable expectation of the player.

This game has combos, but mix ups, or anything else really? If your claim to fame is hitstun I think you're looking at a problem.

The remote possibility of the roster being anywhere near interesting for me was shot straight out of the air by Donte being on it.

I still have a bit of hope for Crash, but the roster already satisfied me with Raiden, Sir Daniel Fortesque, Nathan, Sly, Ryu, and Sweet Tooth. Everyone else is just awesome extra characters to me right now, (Yes even the new Dante, I haven't played much of the DMC series so his new look doesn't bother me).

The remote possibility of the roster being anywhere near interesting for me was shot straight out of the air by Donte being on it.

Let's be honest, does one character make the hole roster bad?

He even is a character somewhat related to Sony, I bet SuperBot went to Capcom to ask for Dante and they agreed to have him in PASBR but only if the character used the latest redesign.

• Thumbs Up 1

Let's be honest, does one character make the hole roster bad?

Well, surely i will not play as Big Daddy or Fat Princess.

Well, surely i will not play as Big Daddy or Fat Princess.

Fat Princess seems interesting to me, played as her for some minutes and would like to try her out more when the demo/full game is released.

Big Daddy, well yeah... He may be cool but for now I'm not really interested in him.

Just going to say this; GT5 being one of the reasons I got a PS3, I'm a getting a kick out of the lack of Gran Turismo representation(haven't following this closely though).

Come on Sony; cram a racing sim into a fighting game. Amaze the world.

Just going to say this; GT5 being one of the reasons I got a PS3, I'm a getting a kick out of the lack of Gran Turismo representation(haven't following this closely though).

Come on Sony; cram a racing sim into a fighting game. Amaze the world.

Has precedent:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCLQq5rnwIY

Serious answer: Special Stage Route 7 would actually mesh quite well with Wipeout for a stage design.

• Thumbs Up 4

Hopefully they will use that to create and show more characters.

Yeah, i can dream.

It's only a month, so it'll only be polishing.

That said, I thought this was coming in November anyway.

From Superbot

Hello PlayStation Nation. As you know, we at SuperBot have set high benchmarks for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. Our goal is to deliver a fun, well-balanced, and compelling gameplay experience that pays homage to all of these incredible characters.

We also know our fans have high expectations for this title, and to that end, we have decided to move the release date to November 20th, 2012 for North America (including Canada) and Latin America territories. This will let us spend more time polishing and tuning the game, and it will give us a chance to incorporate some of the great feedback we’re receiving from the current limited beta to ensure we are creating the best possible fighting game experience. While it is our greatest desire to put this game into the hands of our fans as soon as possible, we do not want to do so at the sake of quality. The additional time will be well worth the wait, and are excited to know that our fans will have the ultimate brawler in time for the holiday.

Keep an eye on next week’s GamesCom, as we’ve lined up some big announcements that we’re sure you’ll be excited about.

Edited by Nintendoga

I don't know if it's just fag-ism of me, but I still can't swallow a game named "PlayStation All-Stars", without Crash. Even if he isn't too much around today, and the quality of his games had dropped a lot, but man... I don't know, I just can't see a game like this happening without Crash, it's so weird, looks like Sony is spiting on their own face. And also, Crash Bandicoot is a standard PS avatar, the model is from Titans, but this game wasn't even released on the PS3, so Crash is still "something" to Sony.

Edited by Jango