Awoo.

This Week On PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: Free Avatars, Oh Kratos... you continue to goof.

Badnik Mechanic

so all the characters will be available at the start, sweet. Nice to know i can use my favorite characters from the get go instead of being forced to use characters i don't care about for a certain amount of time to actually play as someone i do like. more games should follow this example.

Sack Boy actually reminds me more of Zelda. It's kind of hard to tell if there were multiple sackboys in that trailer? Is he also a shadow character as well as a zoner? Haven't seen something like that since the Bal Bados, but I don't see him being that crazy.

Ratchet kind of reminds me of Modok.

So why exactly does Parappa's level 3 do anything? Does he lethally serve his opponents?

...So did Kirby. The only ability he copied from other characters was his neutral B. Everything else was moves only he could use based off his copy abilities from other games. Still, it's a stupid comparison.

I didn't catch it at first but Sackboy's level 1 does seem to be another (random?) character's complete with costume. Not enough angry eyebrows tho.

So why exactly does Parappa's level 3 do anything? Does he lethally serve his opponents?

Everyone gets rapped.

You'd be surprised how powerful believing in yourself can be

• Thumbs Up 4

Not really liking the fact that they used Spike's Million Monkeys design rather than the original one.

If I'm not mistaken they use the latest game design for all characters.

OK, so Ratchet's level 1 is the RYNO...

Pretty disappointing, I mean it is the damn RYNO it should have been the Level 3 super instead of the ship thingy.

Also it would have been cool if we got Giant Clank instead of the time stopping or whatever that is.

ucP41.jpg

I dunno, maybe its just my love for the classic trilogy speaking...

Another thing, classic Ratchet skin please.

Edited by Tmsp

Giant Clank is cool and all, but Clank wielding the Chronoscepter from A Crack in Time, chucking out time bombs and kicking ass is awesome. It's easily my favorite iteration of Clank so I don't mind it at all.

I think they've done a solid job with Ratchet. He looks really fun. So does Spike too, for that matter. Sackboy seems to have more or less stolen the show tho'. He looks godlike.

Honestly all these Gamescom additions make the older reveals and the announcement roster look pathetically boring and uninteresting. I'm still gonna use Sly Cooper and Parappa a ton, but really, characters like Ratchet and Sackboy look way more in depth.

A question about this image: http://www.playstationallstarsbattleroyale.com/assets/screens/org_uncharted_stowaways-20120807-20.01.jpg

The stage is obviously the Uncharted one that was leaked before, but what is the mash-up (the baloon with "OUR VOICE WILL BE HEARD" and that flying thing)?

Uh.. Not at all? It's the RYNO V from A Crack in Time. Make no mistake.

I assumed it was an old version because it seems much less advanced than the RYNO 4 ever. I guess blame Insomniac for this one. Bit of a downgrade going from this many missiles:

to one.

I mean sure, it sprays bullets all over the place, but any gun can do that.

New stage discovered, and this one comes from the leak too: Alden's Tower from inFamous (mashed up with Sly).

Edited by Teoskaven

So apparently TheMink from Neogaf who had information about the game before the beta leaks and guessed all of the characters including Evil Cole got some new information from his source.

The first one is that Lightning which was one of his leaked characters is now de-confimed and as a matter of fact, no Square Enix reps at all are in the game, but (you guys are going to love this!) a SE item is in the game.

Also, including the leaked characters we already have the full roster, the only not confirmed by now are Nariko, Sir Daniel and Raiden I think.

TheMink also told that his source knows 2 DLC characters but doesn't want them leaked, one was already half leaked and the other one will make us freak the hell out in the good way.

By the way, NO CRASH BANDICOOT. There, no need to talk about him anymore.

http://www.neogaf.co...&postcount=2901

Edited by Tmsp

So apparently TheMink from Neogaf who had information about the game before the beta leaks and guessed all of the characters including Evil Cole got some new information from his source.

The first one is that Lightning which was one of his leaked characters is now de-confimed and as a matter of fact, no Square Enix reps at all are in the game, but (you guys are going to love this!) a SE item is in the game.

Also, including the leaked characters we already have the full roster, the only not confirmed by now are Nariko, Sir Daniel and Raiden I think.

TheMink also told that his source knows 2 DLC characters but doesn't want them leaked, one was already half leaked and the other one will make us freak the hell out in the good way.

By the way, NO CRASH BANDICOOT. There, no need to talk about him anymore.

http://www.neogaf.co...&postcount=2901

Everybody's reaction: bland, No buy.

Going to confirm if true on my blog once I get back to Home net.

There's no way that leak was the full roster, I'd be very disappointed if it was. Was expecting some more unknown All-Stars.

2 DLC characters? Why not make them apart of the main game?

People should keep in mind that it isn't SuperBot's entire fault over the lack of 3rd party characters Sony doesn't own instead of going apeshit over them, Activision and SE are the ones who have the final word about their characters inclusion.

Also the DLC characters are first party and not from the psone era.

There's no way that leak was the full roster, I'd be very disappointed if it was. Was expecting some more unknown All-Stars.

I don't know, maybe they already had decided the roster but then got some ideas from the fanbase.

SuperBot once said that there was one character that they didn't know that had such a big fanbase by now, people assume they were talking about Kat from Gravity Rush.

Edited by Tmsp

Considering it took two years for Sony to release Final Fantasy skins for LittleBigPlanet that were announced before the game's release, this really, really doesn't surprise me. Squeenix are massive sticks in the mud about their shit.

I've given up hope that the roster is going to be any great. After the inclusion of Donte it's clear to me that this game really isn't anything more than a cash grab rather than a heartfelt nostalgia letter to fans. Kudos at the team at SuperBot for trying but if I'm getting enjoyment out of this the content definitely isn't going to be why.

Games need to be almost finished 2-3 months prior to the release date because of QA and having to send a master copy for printing with a margin of at least 1 month.

If they made or managed to license another character outside the planned schedule, adding a few hooks and references in the code and going for a DLC release later would give them time to do proper testing so it doesn't break the game. And I'm not talking balance issues here, but Bethesda game breaking.

I've given up hope that the roster is going to be any great. After the inclusion of Donte it's clear to me that this game really isn't anything more than a cash grab rather than a heartfelt nostalgia letter to fans. Kudos at the team at SuperBot for trying but if I'm getting enjoyment out of this the content definitely isn't going to be why.

Well, they can't do much if the third parties are huge assholes about their properties, really. The first party half of the roster is actually very solid - ie: they included Dan, Spike and Parappa who most certainly are pure fanservice, but while it'd be nice to have, say, Spyro in, that's out of their hands.

You're 100% right about Square: I've heard some bad things about studios trying to do western collabs with Japanese third parties in general and S-E in particular, so it's a christmas miracle the LBP costumes made it.

Well, even being the most forgiving, this sucks. And i don't talk about the wasted SE possibilities (but, surely that doesn't help), no nononono. I talk about the small size of the game in general.

I mean, come on, only 20 characters wich we already know and only 2 DLC characters scheduled? I'm sorry to do a Nintendo comparison, but Smash Bros. Brawl had more characters, more content, a complete story mode with cutscenes, no DLC and it was running on an inferior console. You are seriously telling me that in 2012, for a PS3 game we can get just this few things? At least the recent Capcom fighters had almost the triple of the characters. And don't start with things like "game's specific style" or things like that: this is clearly fear of Superbot to do a bad game and their desperate struggles to keep the game minimum. And it's not a new thing at all; i mean, if you look at Arkham City, you could clearly tell that the first game was in comparison a tiny peeble.

I just hope at this point for more future DLC or a sequel done right. But at the same time, i don't know what to think anymore about this.

Well, they can't do much if the third parties are huge assholes about their properties, really. The first party half of the roster is actually very solid - ie: they included Dan, Spike and Parappa who most certainly are pure fanservice, but while it'd be nice to have, say, Spyro in, that's out of their hands.

Remember that we have to deal even with Evil Cole, wich is by itself, a lame idea (i seriously hope it will turn out Nathan Hale as someone noticed).

• Thumbs Up 1

I mean, come on, only 20 characters wich we already know and only 2 DLC characters scheduled? I'm sorry to do a Nintendo comparison, but Smash Bros. Brawl had more characters, more content, a complete story mode with cutscenes, no DLC and it was running on an inferior console. You are seriously telling me that in 2012, for a PS3 game we can get just this few things?

Smash Bros. Brawl is the third game in a series that started with 12 playable characters.

20 playable characters isn't really that small in comparison to most early iterations in fighting game series (if you even consider Smash a fighter and not a party game). The first BlazBlue only had 12, the first Guilty Gear had 10, Street Fighter II had 8.

And before you try and make a point that those are old games, Soulcalibur V has 22, the original Street Fighter IV had 19, and the latest version of BlazBlue, Continuum Shift: Extend has 19. Persona 4: Arena has 13.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 3

Smash Bros. Brawl is the third game in a series that started with 12 playable characters.

Don't forget that it is known that Smash will sell like hot cupcakes so Nintendo is aware that a good budget should go into the series by now.

Edited by Tmsp

20 playable characters isn't really that small in comparison to most early iterations in fighting game series (if you even consider Smash a fighter and not a party game). The first BlazBlue only had 12, the first Guilty Gear had 10, Street Fighter II had 8.

And before you try and make a point that those are old games, Soulcalibur V has 22, the original Street Fighter IV had 19, and the latest version of BlazBlue, Continuum Shift: Extend has 19. Persona 4: Arena has 13.

Probably you don't consider console capacities' differences: if this game was released for the PS2 i probably would have accepted it, but for the PS3 wich is one of the actual most powerful consoles on the place (second to the PC; no console war intended) it's simply unexcusable. And since it's an anniversary game don't think so easily this will turn into a series.

Oh yeah, and Soul Calibur V is clearly a downgrade to the predecessor almost in everything, so don't count on it. The only things that can be similar are actual NetherRealm games (the last Mortal Kombat and the upcoming Injustice: Gods Among Us with like 24-28 characters each). And if you want to go all out you can say that Skullgirls has 8 characters, but it will not make a difference: the potential (or will to risk if you ask me) for this game still lacks.

Edited by Teoskaven

Limited how? Seriously, what are you talking about? They aren't limited at all whatsoever by the capacities of the console, that's just how many character were finished.

If they were limited, they wouldn't be able to keep adding characters later on. That doesn't even make any sense.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 1

So one obvious downer is that it isn't your sack boy, it's the boring one from LBP's poorly thought out ad campaign. No handlebar mustache and berrets to be found here.