Awoo.

Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver Discussion

PSI Wind

Swampert is your only resist of those 2 types though. Also the only good Psychic types allowed in standard (So basically Latias and Starmie) are all faster than you and will be able to KO or severly cripple you.

Well, when Black Spy evolves his Togepi into a Togekiss, with its decent HP and Sp. Def stats, it could take an attack from Latias and paraflinch (paralyze-flinch) with Thunder Wave and Air Slash if need be. Also, if Lucario is the Swords Dance set, it could use Extremespeed on Starmie. Then, with Swampert backing them up, Swampert's not the only one that can handle those two.

Although Latias with HP Fire would send both Magnezone and Lucario packing if Togekiss was taken down...

Edited by OvErLoRd

Swampert is your only resist of those 2 types though. Also the only good Psychic types allowed in standard (So basically Latias and Starmie) are all faster than you and will be able to KO or severly cripple you.

Well, that won't be much of a problem since I'm not actually gonna be doing any competitive playing. So it's not THAT big a deal.

yeah but their shit has never been whack. It's not been the best shit but I swear that is some whacked up shit they're whacking in HG/SS. Emerald's Safari Zone at least was easy to figure out. This is just what the fucking hell this shit is so fucking whack.

And not even wiggety whack. The bad kind of whack D:

I'm avoiding the safari zone as much as possible. I can barely understand that shit, let alone be bothered to use it. Damn it too, cause I wanted a solrock.....but I'll just wait and trade for one.

Also bleck, why are so many shiny pokemon way worse looking then their original coloring.

Also bleck, why are so many shiny pokemon way worse looking then their original coloring.

I KNOW. Like, half of them just look like a gay alternate color in fucking Smash Bros. Though some are pretty cool looking, most just aren't worth the rarity.

I KNOW. Like, half of them just look like a gay alternate color in fucking Smash Bros. Though some are pretty cool looking, most just aren't worth the rarity.

This is obviously intentional. They are TRYING to make them as shit as possible.

Gen 2 (EPIC. PURPLE. FLAAAAMES!!!!)

157.gif

Gen 4 (red body....)

157_1.png

NO SANE ART DESIGN WOULD DO THAT!!!!

And:

Normal

478_1.png

Shiny

478_1.png

*facepalm* HUR DUR LETS MAK TAH POGEYMAN LITER DERP DERP!!!

Edited by Black Spy

This is obviously intentional. They are TRYING to make them as shit as possible.

Gen 2 (EPIC. PURPLE. FLAAAAMES!!!!)

157.gif

Gen 4 (red body....)

157_1.png

NO SANE ART DESIGN WOULD DO THAT!!!!

And:

Normal

478_1.png

Shiny

478_1.png

*facepalm* HUR DUR LETS MAK TAH POGEYMAN LITER DERP DERP!!!

... I like Typlosion's shiny colors... I'm fine with the whole alternate color thing if they FIT. Like Shinx, its blue normally, but its yellow when shiny. It's an electric type, and it has black with yellow. It looks cool.

Ursaring just goes all fucking lime green and its so outrageous I love it.

But like, Magcaro, who goes from a cool looking cold-lava colored Slugma, becomes this horribly purple thing that nobody would ever think is lava-like at all.

I ALSO think shiny should be exactly like Froslass. Not an alternate color, so much as a lighter or darker variation of its existing colors, like, you know, anything shiny actually is.

THIS is the kind I dislike:

Spr_4d_382.png

Spr_4d_382_s.png

or

Spr_4h_215_f.png

Spr_4h_215_m_s.png

See what I mean? Why the fuck do they do this.

...I like those best.

What? They changed the colors to the poi-

:|

I mean, LOOK at THIS!

Normal

Spr_4p_444_m.png

Shiny

Spr_4p_444_m_s.png

What's the difference?

I like these more.

Normal

Spr_4h_197.png

Shiny

Spr_4h_197_s.png

The Garchomp is exactly what I want in shines most of the time, at least they didn't fuck it up to the point where the colors are changed badly and work about as well for the general theme of the Pokemon as dried shit on their face would.

... Umbreon looks like he just had the everloving christ scared out of him, I thought he has his eyes all wide in terror at first. XD

What? They changed the colors to the poi-

:|

wat

The Garchomp is exactly what I want in shines most of the time, at least they didn't fuck it up to the point where the colors are changed badly and work about as well for the general theme of the Pokemon as dried shit on their face would.

I don't really see the point of shinies that look barely different to the original.

But, to each their own...

wat

I don't really see the point of shinies that look barely different to the original.

But, to each their own...

Well think of this.

klein-blue1.jpg

THAT is blue.

Adidas%20Absolado%20PS%20IN%20Metallic%20Blue5.jpg

THAT is a metallic blue (on a shoe).

The hue of a metallic color is usually the same as its normal counterpart, but it is more, guess what, shiny and thusly appears darker or lighter in shade when in use.

They could at LEAST make then actually shiny looking, like the darker or lighter shades of the original color.

But i'm happy as long as they look like what they are. Pink Kyogre does not have the colors of what is essentially the god of water.

OH NO ERRORZ WORDZ GONE! Help me Sonar Dragon!

And this is awesome:

252_Treecko_shiny.png

Edited by Blue Blood

blahblahblahwords

The official name is 'Alternate Coloured' though my Platinum guide mentions 'Shiny'.

Edit: Fuck you Blue Blood :<

Edited by Guest

The hue of a metallic color is usually the same as its normal counterpart, but it is more, guess what, shiny and thusly appears darker or lighter in shade when in use. [...] They could at LEAST make then actually shiny looking, like the darker or lighter shades of the original color.

That wouldn't really work since a. they're 2D sprites which wouldn't really give off a "metallic" shine to them, b. Shiny Pokemon aren't metallic in skin color, just alternate color. The sparkle effect from which fans coined the term "shiny" was just an effect first used to differentiate shiny pokes from their normal counterparts on the original, colorless Gameboy.

Edited by Black Spy

I want a Alternate colored Pokemon ad I don't give a fuck if it sucks or not. :/ Four generations and all I get is Pokerus.

I wouldn't mind the 'alternate shiny colorations' if they just didn't look so blatantly ridiculous half of the time. Most of the time I can tell if something is shiny just because it looks so awkward, even if I didn't know the original color palette. I'd rather not try to hunt for an extremely rare shiny pokemon that looks worse then it did originally.

I mean like shiny Vulpix just looks like a normal Vulpix got dipped in gold paint (though I still have one cause I love Vulpix lool)....and I can hardly tell shiny Zapdos from regular Zapdos.

That wouldn't really work since a. they're 2D sprites which wouldn't really give off a "metallic" shine to them, b. Shiny Pokemon aren't metallic in skin color, just alternate color. The sparkle effect from which fans coined the term "shiny" was just an effect first used to differentiate shiny pokes from their normal counterparts on the original, colorless Gameboy.

In Japan they seem to be called "shining" and "alternately colored" and both are correct I guess.

And I can understand not making the sprites appear actually shiny with ease, I just really dislike ones that have a color scheme that goes against their typing and their looks.

I do kinda like the shiny Ho-oH though. Idk, it just kinda goes with the box art for both games.

250.png

Oh and a blue Houndoom, plz.

229.png

And I can understand not making the sprites appear actually shiny with ease, I just really dislike ones that have a color scheme that goes against their typing and their looks.

That's why they're so rare, they don't blend in with their surroundings and get eaten by predators.

In Japan they seem to be called "shining" and "alternately colored" and both are correct I guess.

I can understand that and I prefer Pokemon that have shiny sprites like that. But what I don't like about shinies are the ones that change very little in the color scheme.

I do kinda like the shiny Ho-oH though. Idk, it just kinda goes with the box art for both games.

250.png

Missed opportunities at RAINBOW Ho-oh: 1

Edited by Black Spy

Back in the days of Crystal I released my Shiny Igglybuff away simply because it was so boring. "Oooh! Look at me with a green swirl instead on a red one! Aren't I amazing?" "No, fuck off." Bleck. I'd rather have a Pokémon that seems special, be that a turquoise and navy Totodile or a hot-pink Swampert.

It you can easily tell it's shiny, then yay. If not, then gay.

weezing.png

The best-looking shiny, hands down. It was the first shiny I actually went hunting for, and will probably be the last as well.

I will admit that I like the shiny forms of most of the ubers, with the exception of Kyogre and Lugia. Some others are cool, too (shiny Charizard), but most, as already stated, either look ridiculous or hard to tell apart from their normal forms.

Good Lord, 2 boxes of Pichus and not a single Shiny! Matsuda must hate me.

No. It's cause you only tried 60 times for something that only has a 1 in 2000 chance of happening.

Spr_4h_031_s.png

Herk.

Heeerk.

BLLLLLLRGH.

...and that's why I don't particularly care about shinies. 'Scuse me while I clean off my desk.