Awoo.

Patticus

Ok so apparently they are going to be doing a staggered release going by what CVG have said (they played the beta.) The video should be worth a watch too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EIMSVvJZl0

Hard to say, I'm expecting some kind of downtime at some point. But then again, they must surely be prepared for it? I can't imagine this delay in getting it up and running isn't some kind of safety belt for them, they can judge how many are playing worldwide at a time and adjust/prepare for it.

Also the last major game to suffer downtime on consoles... thats not called Final Fantasy 14, wasn't it Modern Warfare 3?

It kind of let me down when there wasn't any real conformation of a PC release. I know that IV had a seven to eight month gap before the port to PC got released, but still. Then again, after watching videos of GTA V, the graphics look so amazing. Just from that factor alone, the game could end up being console only. Maybe they could change graphics around a bit for a ported version?

I'm both disappointed, yet I kinda understand. 

It's just a big waiting game for the PC, and it's driving me crazy.     ._.

Ok some big news.

GTA ONLINE IS TO LAUNCH AT 7AM ET (ABOUT 11AM GMT)

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51487/gta-online-details-game-day-access-info-and-more.html

There's also some other news such as bonuses you get by linking your Social Club account (and holy shit there's a good one)

actual_1380327384.jpg

Edited by Captain Phil Collins
  • Thumbs Up 1

It kind of let me down when there wasn't any real conformation of a PC release. I know that IV had a seven to eight month gap before the port to PC got released, but still. Then again, after watching videos of GTA V, the graphics look so amazing. Just from that factor alone, the game could end up being console only. Maybe they could change graphics around a bit for a ported version?

I'm both disappointed, yet I kinda understand. 

It's just a big waiting game for the PC, and it's driving me crazy.     ._.

Haha, the opposite of it. Current gen PCs are WAY stronger than PS3/Xbox 360, even the PS4. This game will look EVEN better on a great PC wink.png I think the release date was leaked, right? November something. Anyway, I'm not hoping, since my PC will never run it xD

Edited by Jango

Ok some big news.

GTA ONLINE IS TO LAUNCH AT 7AM ET (ABOUT 11AM GMT)

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51487/gta-online-details-game-day-access-info-and-more.html

There's also some other news such as bonuses you get by linking your Social Club account (and holy shit there's a good one)

actual_1380327384.jpg

Holy shit! Does that mean that we can have cars and clothes with the SSMB logo!?

Holy shit! Does that mean that we can have cars and clothes with the SSMB logo!?

I hope so! Either way I already have the SSMB number plate from my iFruit app laugh.png 

The SSMB Party bus can be even more SSMBey!

I can't wait to see all of our mentalities on this game... In the same place.

Oh it's gunna be good.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't wait to see all of our mentalities on this game... In the same place.

Oh it's gunna be good.

If anyone needs bad puns and bad driving I'm your man! laugh.png

• Thumbs Up 1

If anyone needs bad puns and bad driving I'm your man! :lol:

We need bad puns, but if we're doing heists, I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I've been complimented on my video game driving skills many times.

But bad getaways will be hilarious so yeah.

We need bad puns, but if we're doing heists, I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I've been complimented on my video game driving skills many times.

But bad getaways will be hilarious so yeah.

Driving a bus doesn't require good driving as it is like a battering ram! laugh.png 

But yeah you can drive if you want to.

Driving a bus doesn't require good driving as it is like a battering ram! :lol: 

But yeah you can drive if you want to.

I guess we'll sort out jobs for heists when we play, anyway. But casually messing around we should be crazy with complete,road rage and middle fingers everywhere. So anyone can do anything, really.

I guess we'll sort out jobs for heists when we play, anyway. But casually messing around we should be crazy with complete,road rage and middle fingers everywhere. So anyone can do anything, really.

I feel sorry for anyone who randomly comes across us SSMBers. They will have no idea what's going on.

• Thumbs Up 2

I feel sorry for anyone who randomly comes across us SSMBers. They will have no idea what's going on.

"______ joined the game."

30 seconds pass, in which we manage to kill 50 people, them multiple time and each other a few times.

"______ left the game."

and each other a few times.

Oh you have no idea!

Also remember that people will be in game-chat as there's no party chat on PS3. They will randomly hear us shouting and swearing at each other in British accents! It'll be like The Italian Job except our bus will fall off a cliff.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh you have no idea!

Also remember that people will be in game-chat as there's no party chat on PS3. They will randomly hear us shouting and swearing at each other in British accents! It'll be like The Italian Job except our bus will fall off a cliff.

Oh it will be brilliant. We'll probably become a famous little crew...

And I can guarantee the bus will go off the cliff on purpose more than by accident...

There's too much I'm imagining right now, I can't fit it in...

Oh it will be brilliant. We'll probably become a famous little crew...

And I can guarantee the bus will go off the cliff on purpose more than by accident...

There's too much I'm imagining right now, I can't fit it in...

You just have to be in America don't you? laugh.png 

And yeah the bus will have gone through a lot when we're done with it!

Well I'll be back soon to join all this fun!

Also, is it weird I imagine that the bus will die from sinking, rather than anything else?

Well I'll be back soon to join all this fun!

Also, is it weird I imagine that the bus will die from sinking, rather than anything else?

Cliffs. Lots and lots of cliffs.

Cliffs. Lots and lots of cliffs.

Lots and lots of cliffs over looking the ocean. Then we have both.

• Thumbs Up 1

If someone takes me for a ride, you'll have to let me show the finger to everyone I see. I do this in single player so in online it'd be even better >:3

It's not like the real world one... well it is but... you would think that some actions you do in free play mode affect the market. e.g. I go around destroying trucks or other assets of a company thats on the market you would think this would impact it, but it just doesn't seem to do influence it quite as it should.

I can't blame them. I suspect a lot of stocks would be going down with the widespread violence. Well, that'd be a good excuse for the online-connected stock market, at least.

Though I'm reading a guide and it says some single player missions have hardcoded effects on stock prices. So it is strange they don't track the damage you do to certain things in free play.

Pisswasser has dropped a few points since the mass sell, it's not dropped by much, but it is odd how it starts to fall the hour imediately after everybody sells up.

If I'm reading what you're saying right, that would make sense, as that's what causes stocks to go down in real life; large selling action is interpreted by the masses as people thinking the company will not go up any further... which leads to a self-fulfilling prophecy as panic selling ensues, and recovery only results after optimism finally manages to best pessimism (or rather, anyone who could afford to sell has already sold).

Whether you're playing with real money or fake money, everyone's human, and everyone's beholden to the same emotions that drive real stock prices - greed and fear. >: D