Awoo.

Patticus

The microtransactions thing is going to cause nothing but problems.

Remember when I mentioned that 'Bounty' tip a few pages ago?

Well the same game that I play which is very similar to how GTA's money making features has had a money problem for years. The main cause, millions of dollars get added to the ecconomy without any way to get rid of it.

The issue with Microtransactions is that people can potentially flood the ingame ecconomy with potentially billions of ingame dollars, however that money does not get spent on anything, or it does, but the level of cashing being injected into the game isn't draining faster than the game can manage. The issue won't be seen at first, but when it comes to things like the stock market, someone who has spent money will be able to seriously damage it and manipulate it if they want to.

Yeah you could abuse it to get tons of money, but if what Phil says turns out true, what would you do with the money if your levels aren't high enough to buy high level upgrades other then things that don't affect competitive balance, and what would holding on to a bunch of it do? 

Also maybe Rockstar could patch it later so you had a money cap on what you could have in your bank account so if you try to abuse it and get tons of money, you can't go past a certain point. They do plan to support it with new content and locations after all, I don't think balance patches are out of the question. 

Edited by Chaos Warp

To clarify on what I said before

Reputation and Cash Flow: Reputation is earned from all your online exploits in everything you do in GTA Online – and will help you rank up, providing access to new features, weapons and criminal contacts. Spend cash you’ve gained on cars, clothes, guns, properties and much more. You can either quickly accumulate cash through profitable activities like knocking over armored cars, winning street races, doing stick-ups or a host of other cash-making endeavors – or if you’re the completely instant gratification type, you can choose to buy denominations of GTA$. You will have the option to purchase GTA$ through the in-game Store. The game and its economy have been designed and balanced for the vast majority of players who will not buy extra cash. There is no in-game paywall and nothing that should disrupt the balance of the game. You don’t have to spend real money to attain the cars, guns, clothes, flash and style of a high-roller in Los Santos, but can if you wish to get them a little quicker. The economy is balanced differently from the single player economy, and cash earned in one cannot be taken over to the other. Most players will earn cash much faster Online than in Story Mode.

To clarify on what I said before

*snip*

Got a source for this?

Edited by Chaos Warp

The microtransactions thing is going to cause nothing but problems.

Remember when I mentioned that 'Bounty' tip a few pages ago?

Well the same game that I play which is very similar to how GTA's money making features has had a money problem for years. The main cause, millions of dollars get added to the ecconomy without any way to get rid of it.

The issue with Microtransactions is that people can potentially flood the ingame ecconomy with potentially billions of ingame dollars, however that money does not get spent on anything, or it does, but the level of cashing being injected into the game isn't draining faster than the game can manage. The issue won't be seen at first, but when it comes to things like the stock market, someone who has spent money will be able to seriously damage it and manipulate it if they want to.

Are the properties of the in-game stock market shared between players or is it just a standalone, per-unit thing? If it's the former, then Rockstar has done a very, very stupid thing; an economy that can have large amounts of wealth literally appearing out of nowhere cannot work correctly.

On the subject of microtransactions in general, this has made me lose a lot of respect for Rockstar. It seems like a widely-loved, insanely popular franchise and hundreds of millions of dollars in profit in a few days wasn't enough for them. No, they have to exploit the fuck out of it by adding a feature which does nothing good for the game itself, but only serves to make them more money.

This is nothing less than pure unbridled greed.

Yeah it's really greedy of them, but as long as they keep it from fucking the game balance and keep it completely optional (as in you don't need to ever use them to be competitive in the online mode), I have no issues. I mean, I won't support the greed: I won't ever be buying these in-game cash cards. 

Edited by Chaos Warp

I don't know if this just me but don't purchase vehicles on-line I purchased a helicopter went to my helipad and couldn't access it. I spent $780,000.

My reaction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1wWl_7wOuw 

EDIT: Problem solved. You have take a nap then you get a E-Mail confirming your purchase. I thought it was a bug because of all reports of missing vehicles

Edited by BW199148

Are we in agreement?

Nigel and Mrs Thornhill are the greatest characters ever?

If you've only just met them, their first missions are crap, they're boring... and then... then you have to kidnap Al Di Napoli.... and it's hilarious! It's the funniest mission ever, and it's by far one of the best.

The dialogue in this mission is hilarious, from Mrs Thornhills deranged commantary on whats happening, to Trevor actually putting on a British accent and joining in.

He's going through the hospital!

• Thumbs Up 1

Fucks sake, seems like I'm having a reoccuring problem here. Whenever I customise my vehicle, all the parts just disappear.

And since cash is a bitch to make in this game, it's rather annoying. Saving cars in safehouse garages feel like they do nothing. Whenever I go back to them, they're always empty.

Sort your shit out, Rockstar.

Fact. I hate Trevor. He's like the chaotic, dark, drug dealing brother Joker never had. So far, all of his missions have pissed me off. Why are we playing with a chaotic meth dealer? I'm okay with Michael and the other one. But Trevor.....ugh. Right now I'm doing my 2nd or 3rd mission for the FIB. And I just finished a heist with Trevor.....that went wrong. Why the hell did I not choose the other one?

Are the properties of the in-game stock market shared between players or is it just a standalone, per-unit thing? If it's the former, then Rockstar has done a very, very stupid thing; an economy that can have large amounts of wealth literally appearing out of nowhere cannot work correctly.

There's a perfect setup for a political joke here.

Why are we playing with a chaotic meth dealer?

Because Trevor represents a complete distillation of the "generic" way people play GTA games (kill hookers, blow up ambulances, etc), put into an actual character rather than the blank slate of the first 3 titles.

Similarly, Michael is the ultimate realistic and expanded conclusion of the character Tommy Vercetti was; and Franklin is a polished, much better-executed and fleshed out version of Carl Johnson.

• Thumbs Up 4

I don't know if this is substantial enough for a post, but here's a small AI detail I never thought I'd see. So I went to the beach as Trevor, tried to steal a car, and the alarm goes off. I run away only to find a nicer car; I try to steal that one, then pursuit 1 commences, I dive underwater and swim to the other shore to lose the cops. Once I lose the heat I swim back to the other shore to get that car. I hear some lady say, "I warned you once now I'm calling the cops," I laughed it off thinking oh that was probably her talking to her husband/boyfriend, next thing I know I have 2 stars, yep so the AI will remember you if you did a bad deed, this is seriously the first time I've seen this in a gta game, let alone an open world game, then again I guess the assassins creed series does this too...

I don't know if this is substantial enough for a post, but here's a small AI detail I never thought I'd see. So I went to the beach as Trevor, tried to steal a car, and the alarm goes off. I run away only to find a nicer car; I try to steal that one, then pursuit 1 commences, I dive underwater and swim to the other shore to lose the cops. Once I lose the heat I swim back to the other shore to get that car. I hear some lady say, "I warned you once now I'm calling the cops," I laughed it off thinking oh that was probably her talking to her husband/boyfriend, next thing I know I have 2 stars, yep so the AI will remember you if you did a bad deed, this is seriously the first time I've seen this in a gta game, let alone an open world game, then again I guess the assassins creed series does this too...

That's....that's actually pretty cool. I've never seen that in any game. And I've beat all the AC games to vouch that the AC series has not done that. 

Am I the only one who thinks Trevor may be a tad bit crazier than the infamous Joker? I mean damn. I don't like the guy but he's pretty smart for a chaotic character. I feel bad for Michael though. Losing his family and stuff. Not sure how it ends though. I'm roughly half way through, going by what random guides say. Franklin is just a kid that is quickly getting sucked into the GTA life. Then again, his own friends....people aren't the smartest people on the block. So I mean it honestly could not be much worse than this. Poor kid. Oh well.

So I just recently got GTA V....and I'm having a good time!

But I have not at all been looking into the online mode...I heard that its almost like a free to play mmo of sorts?

But I have not at all been looking into the online mode...I heard that its almost like a free to play mmo of sorts?

That's only Free Mode, there's also Team Deathmatches/Cops vs Crooks and a bunch of other modes. It also doesn't launch until this Tuesday.

So I just recently got GTA V....and I'm having a good time!

Somewhat. It's not really an MMO, but it has elements of one. You can get into online games and do deathmatches, races, or just free roam and do whatever with allies or just go around killing every player you see. You can also make Crews with your friends to play together with, and you can do co-op missions and jobs and heists and stuff. Also, you can create your own races and deathmatches for people to play in as well. 

Basically it's the GTA experience but Online, as some have put it. 

That's only Free Mode, there's also Team Deathmatches/Cops vs Crooks and a bunch of other modes. It also doesn't launch until this Tuesday.

Wait a fucking second..........Free mode? I hope you mean just like Free Roam and not that you have to pay extra for the other stuff angry.png
Edited by Chaos Warp

The mode itself is called Free Mode as in GTA IV laugh.png But yeah you don't have to pay extra

http://gta.wikia.com/Free_Mode

Oh.

Well I am not experienced with GTA 4's multiplayer so I apologize for my ignorance. This is my first GTA game so I apologize for my general lack of know-how. 

Edited by Chaos Warp
  • Thumbs Up 3

Oh.

Well I am not experienced with GTA 4's multiplayer so I apologize for my ignorance. 

No worries and I can see how it could be misinterpreted too.

From Trevor I loved his conversation with Mary-Ann and mostly how they meet each other

EDIT: Spoilers in case you want to see for yourselves

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmc87ifd6Hg

Edited by Monovec

So i got the game on Monday for my birthday(That was a good day) and I've been playing it every time i'm not doing homework which i why i haven't been on in a while. But i have to say this game is AMAZING. Everything people have been saying about it is true. The last mission i have done so far is the one where you use the submarine to steal the government test thing. My only real nitpick about this game, which is really stupid, is how the car wheel doesn't move when you turn it only the hands move. It's a real stupid thing to say, but it doesn't detract form the game at all so it's all good.