Awoo.

Patticus

As someone who hasn't played GTA since San Andreas is this game a good jumping point?

As someone who hasn't played GTA since San Andreas is this game a good jumping point?
Oh, very much so. The gameplay has changed in a few ways, but it'll be much more familiar to you than say, GTA IV.

So is it at all possible in Online or regular (outside of that one mission) GTA 5 to hijack a train? Me and my friends have been trying for an hour to no avail. 

Just joined the crew for the PS3 version (name is the same). Haven't been able to actually play the online mode yet... though I haven't run into any problems with the solo story so I guess there's that. Hopefully I can try it out later this week when things are less chaotic...

I can try to do it....if I can somehow become an admin. FYI I joined the crew.
The highest you can promote crew members is commissioner, but you can make emblems there :)

So to everyone who joined the X360 crew, I actually created it on the wrong account (an account I created unknowingly), so it might be a good idea it to leave it and join the proper one. I'll link to the new one once I've created it.

Okay, here's the proper crew:

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/ssmb_360_crew

Edited by Wil348

I heard a rumor that GTA V is only coming to PC and the next-gen version for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 and PS3 are going to be called GTA VI.

No you didn't. Knock this shit off.

Well lets try again...

*installs the new PS3 firmware update*

*waits for around 3 min*

"Error Timed out from matchmaking"

Ok lets try again.

*waits or another 3 min*

"The server host has left... returning you to GTA V"

... ... ok Solo session it is....

*Game starts up... character walks towards a car... and then the game freezes and locks up"

This is fucking pathetic.

• Thumbs Up 2

So GTAV is not yet confirmed to come to the next-gen consoles? Well, the fuck am I waiting for then besides the inevitable price drop?

I've created an emblem for the 360 Crew. It's Classic Sonic's head.

And I've finally got into online. It really is amazing but there's one thing that really pisses me off. A lot.

Basically as soon as you start Online, you will be pestered to do missions. Any I don't just mean one mission, I mean, a few. And if you just decided you want to drive around, you will be pestered by the text that appears on screen. The first mission being forced is understandable, but a few missions? Come on, this is fucking ridiculous.

I want to play GTA Online to chase after other players shooting at them, not to do even more missions.

EDIT: Aaaand Rockstar clouds server currently unavailable. Sort your shit out Rockstar.

Edited by Wil348

So GTAV is not yet confirmed to come to the next-gen consoles? Well, the fuck am I waiting for then besides the inevitable price drop?

GTAV Online still hasn't come to curent gen consoles.

Now trying to connect with my third character since the game keeps deleting them. Just don't care anymore so now I have 'Token White guy.'

====================

Another attempt another failure at getting the online to work

This time the car pulls up, the random guy gets out, my guy then walks over and looks at it. Before being stuck in a 'waiting for other players loop.'

I finally managed to get online but it dropped me off literally behind the Vinewood sign, in the middle of a free roam game it seems. I thought there was going to be an obligatory story cutscene with Lamarr and what not.

It's weird, I've played about 7 hours of the online since yesterday with almost no problems whatsoever...it's crashed twice but that's about it. A few of my friends still can't get it to work at all but 6 of us are playing together without any trouble! Can't be a regional problem, we're all in the UK so...

Oh, and I did lose some money while going from last night's playtime to today's. mellow.png

• Thumbs Up 1

360, but like I said some of my friends can't get it to work on their either while others are fine like me. Confusing!

Okay... Online just started up for me. No timeout today yet.

AHA, the race icon is here. This could be it...

• Thumbs Up 2

Okay... Online just started up for me. No timeout today yet.

AHA, the race icon is here. This could be it...

Fingers crossed! biggrin.png I'll try and head online too to see for myself.

Right, beat Lamar in that race.

Aaaaand, the game's stuck at the "zoom out the map" screen.

For fucks sake.

The UK developer of the hit game had said it was "working around the clock to buy and add more servers" to support Grand Theft Auto Online.

Source.

Seriously? Should they not have bought all the servers they could ever possibly need already? Come on, Rockstar.

Alright, I think I'm in the game. Currently doing another mission for Lamar.

Odd thing is, I'm constantly getting messages that random users have left, even though they're not in the game.

Alright, I think I'm in the game. Currently doing another mission for Lamar.

Odd thing is, I'm constantly getting messages that random users have left, even though they're not in the game.

They are you just don't see them until after the race.

*headsbackuptomyPS3*

Well I played for an hour online then voluntary left. It was fun although I was just picking up packages and stealing cars for Simeon.

Oh no, its deleted my character. Fuck sake. It was going so well. So if I do get on, I'll lose my character when I leave.

Hell yeah! It's working! Playing with a group of people, and I'm currently decking out my character's appearance.

• Thumbs Up 1