Awoo.

First look at Sky Sanctuary

speedfreak

It reminds me of the tv you could get in the chao gardens, and sonic just busted through it and ran the chao over. Now well never see another chao garden T-T.

Im dissapointed only because it was such a short trailer, I wanted more. CURSE YOU OCTOBER! why do you have to be between me and sonic generations.

Yeah I was a bit bummed that the trailer was bit short. And tbh I was actually hoping this trailer would reveal sky sanctuary and crisis city so we could get a heaven and hell vibe

Well, that sure cured my after-school bad mood.....

I am loving all the alternate paths we are seeing! Also, I think that metal sonic looks awesome.

Yay, Cute Fluffy Clouds!

cutefluffyclouds.png

Sky sanctuary wouldn't be the same without the fluffy clouds. I hope you can bounce off of them and that they aren't just background features, it'd really add something to the Modern Sonic Platforming, Y'know trying to bounce off of them in 3D.

Without the homing attack to help you hopefully!

Edited by SegaTidbits

I spy platforming!

So, its "all style and no substance" is it?

Yes. Nothing in that picture is the least bit impressive, aside from the graphics.

Yeah I was a bit bummed that the trailer was bit short. And tbh I was actually hoping this trailer would reveal sky sanctuary and crisis city so we could get a heaven and hell vibe

That would have been awsome, and we would have gotten the flaming tornado.

I was also curious about speed highway. do you think modern sonic will be in the first part of the stage, and Classic will get the At Dawn part. What do ya think?

Yes. Nothing in that picture is the least bit impressive, aside from the graphics.

^Moving on. (no offense)

So has all members chill out some after seeing SKY SANCTUARY? I know I have.

If you actually believe this lie then please delete your account.

I was also curious about speed highway. do you think modern sonic will be in the first part of the stage, and Classic will get the At Dawn part. What do ya think?

Oh come on. Can we chill about spoilers? Not everyone wants to spoil the last few stages in the MAIN VERSION.

Edited by Eternal X

I can't tell how good the game is from a picture. :V

But Sky Sanctuary looks amazing! And I still don't see the "Linear, no substance" argument considering we've seen at least 5 of Modern Sonic stages being open with alternate routes everywhere. And even then we don't know where they actually lead, so this could potentially have more routes and paths to take than the Classics.

But, really, I'll just be too busy looking at every little detail and boosting and platforming at 300 Fucking Miles Per Hour.

I hope that they both get ALL of the stage, Speed Highway was my favourite stage from SA1, and I hope that they portray it perfectly here.

Edited by SegaTidbits

I'm sorry, should I just muzzle my complaints until the circlejerk is over?

What is today? Make Eternal X laugh day? Carbo, Black spy, and now you. Today is a good day for me. =)

Sky Sanctuary's layout at the moment does look interesting, but that's all I can say right now. Graphically and visually it's brill though. I just wish it wasn't quite so pristine. Maybe the (pretty awesome) palm trees were step too far, and there's not enough of a ruined look.

EDIT: Wow guys, certainly dickin' it up.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

I absolutely adore the At Dawn track, but I'd really rather it distanced itself from City Escape as much as possible. I feel that a day section would just look too similar. Who knows though; they've dazzled me so far. Maybe they'll find a way to make it work.

Edited by Lungo

I want that clouds to not be there just for the lulz...I want to hop on them and throw me to other routes/platforms.

So many routes in a flash. So high in the sky. I smell 3D and 2D platforming from miles away.

inb4awwcheapdeaths. xD

I'm pretty happy with everything I've seen. I don't even mind the "hallway" sections everyone seems to hate now and again. Classic Sonic has it's share of parts where you hold right and just watch Sonic do cool shit too. As a platformer the game does put style over substance, but I'm okay with that.