Awoo.

First look at Sky Sanctuary

speedfreak

Wait! Stop the topic! I've got an opinion!

I tell you. This cookie. That was baked tonight.

handycookie.jpg

Is incredible.

Oh yes, and... I really like the HD Eggrobos! Now if only we could get a toy version of them which isn't rubbish. I like the music, and I like the parrots.

Well that all seems to be in order, I'm off to watch Capcom announce Resident Evil 6. Goodbye. WHO WANTS A COOKIE!

I have a felling you will homing attack on the clouds....unsure.png

I agree! Here is some rep!

• Thumbs Up 7

Shadz, did you say it's done....as in it should be going gold VERY soon? blink.pngblink.png

The ESRB rated the game a few days ago, so the game's pretty much done.

http://www.sonicstad...e-more-details/

What are the criteria for rating video games?

ESRB raters are trained to consider a wide range of pertinent content and other elements in assigning a rating. Pertinent content is any content that accurately reflects both:

• the most extreme content of the final product - in terms of relevant rating criteria such as violence, language, sexuality, gambling, and alcohol, tobacco and drug reference or use; and
  • the final product as a whole - demonstrating the game’s context (such as setting, storyline and objectives) and relative frequency of extreme content.

Due to the unique interactive characteristics of games, the ESRB rating system goes beyond other entertainment systems by also taking into account elements such as the reward system and the degree of player control.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/faq.jsp

Sky Sanctuary looks amazing, but I have to say it does look linear even with the alternating routes (What a contradictions I just did). In my opinion all the stages look linear but I still think most of them are the most incredible work of level design so far in the modern gameplay.

I have a question though, do you guys think Sega's gonna tell us (Well at least the people who hasn't been spoiled) all the stages and bosses with screenshots and trailers before the

game is out?

That would have been awsome, and we would have gotten the flaming tornado.

I was also curious about speed highway. do you think modern sonic will be in the first part of the stage, and Classic will get the At Dawn part. What do ya think?

Personally I'd be happy if they both got the night segment.

Small problem: Sky Sanctuary has fluffy clouds. In the S&K version, these clouds look pretty well the same as the fluffy clouds that the sanctuary was swamped in. They fitted in, for the most part anyway. In this, from what I can tell, the clouds are far below and more wispy. The big white fluffy platform clouds now don't fit in and just look odd.

Neat trailer! :D <3 I like the alternate paths I'm seeing. the graphics are great, the remix is fantastic and I am so incredibly happy it's not orchestra. Also, parrots. What better animal for a zone in the sky than parrots?

No, that's usually me. laugh.png

At least yours is differen't almost every time and not nearly as blunt.

No offense, Dio, but we know. You complain about the exact same thing every time. Same "Style over substance", "Too linear only good graphics" thing every time. I respect your opinion, which you're completely entitled to, but it would be nice if you added something new.

And all it does is lead to an argument or a debate. Which is partly on the fault of other members. It's all gotten really stale.

...I'm going to be torn apart for this comment, aren't I?

The ESRB rated the game a few days ago, so the game's pretty much done.

http://www.sonicstad...e-more-details/

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/faq.jsp

Come on Sega just say it's gone gold and I'll empty my account to guarantee the pick up of this game on November 1st. Or even midnight (UNCHARTED 3).

And thanks Shadz. Enjoy some love in the form of rep. CORRECTION. I'm out of likes for the day. =(

Edited by Eternal X

Sky Sanctuary looks amazing, but I have to say it does look linear even with the alternating routes (What a contradictions I just did). In my opinion all the stages look linear but I still think most of them are the most incredible work of level design so far in the modern gameplay.

I have a question though, do you guys think Sega's gonna tell us (Well at least the people who hasn't been spoiled) all the stages and bosses with screenshots and trailers before the

game is out?

I think they will yes. The strategy the seem to follow is buff them up with everything we got but it still doesn't beat playing the game. Other reason is that the gain trust that way.

Also about the whole linear thingy. I like to think that Modern gameplay is the Classic gameplay of Sonic 1, 2, 3, in 3D.

Imagine for example Chemical Plant. What we had in Chemical Plant? 2D paths - linear paths for the obvious reasons. What Sonic team does with Chemical Plant in 3D?

Simple...he makes the 2D linear paths in 3D linear paths. It's like playing the 2D games in 3D. You could say that it doesn't get classier than this.

Edited by frokenok3

No offense, Dio, but we know. You complain about the exact same thing every time. Same "Style over substance", "Too linear only good graphics" thing every time. I respect your opinion, which you're completely entitled to, but it would be nice if you added something new.

Wait... you're criticizing someone's.... criticism... which is criticizing something?

It's a criticism within a criticism!

But what if you could create the world of the criticism? Bring the subject into that criticism and fill it with their RAEG *shot*

Edited by Classic EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 2

Yay, Cute Fluffy Clouds!

cutefluffyclouds.png

Now this is more I'd like to see for Modern Sonic...actual 3D gameplay, not the 3D Sonic Colours provided. Awesome.

Wait... you're criticizing someone's.... criticism... which is criticizing something?

It's a criticism within a criticism!

But what if you could create the world of the criticism? Bring the subject into that criticism and fill it with their RAEG *shot*

Critiception!?!? :lol:

Now this is more I'd like to see for Modern Sonic...actual 3D gameplay, not the 3D Sonic Colours provided. Awesome.

Looks like a blocky lower route and a homing attack upper route. Wooo... [/sarcasm]

That was a reassuring video that this is worth a day 1 purchase. I'm not even a fan of the modern stuff and it looks fun. Classic just wins my heart as usual, but if I have any problems it's that Roger needs to shut the hell up. His grunts are so forced it makes me cringe every time he speaks. Hopefully there will be a Japanese voice option, but even if not I'm still looking forward to this.

Ryan Drummond fanboys will continue to hate. :3

• Thumbs Up 4

I think they will yes. The strategy the seem to follow is buff them up with everything we got but it still doesn't beat playing the game. Other reason is that the gain trust that way.

Also about the whole linear thingy. I like to think that Modern gameplay is the Classic gameplay of Sonic 1, 2, 3, in 3D.

Imagine for example Chemical Plant. What we had in Chemical Plant? 2D paths - linear paths for the obvious reasons. What Sonic team does with Chemical Plant in 3D?

Simple...he makes the 2D linear paths in 3D

linear paths. It's like playing the 2D games in 3D. You could say that it doesn't get classier than this.

I agree with you whole-heartedly about the linear thing. I really couldn't imagine Chemical Plant Zone any other way. It's like in the Classics, the camera was filming Sonic from the side while he was running through linear stages. All they're

doing now is filming him from the back. I don't think stages being linear is a problem when speaking about the modern gameplay, but I think sometimes it will add blandness to a level if all you do is run straight and occasionally turn.

Looks like a blocky lower route and a homing attack upper route. Wooo... [/sarcasm]

Hmm upper and lower alt. routes? Surely those weren't in the Genesis games...oh wait.

• Thumbs Up 1

At least yours is differen't almost every time and not nearly as blunt.

...Not nearly as blunt? That's...odd. I'm usually one of the most blunt members here.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I agree with you whole-heartedly about the linear thing. I really couldn't imagine Chemical Plant Zone any other way. It's like in the Classics, the camera was filming Sonic from the side while he was running through linear stages. All they're

doing now is filming him from the back. I don't think stages being linear is a problem when speaking about the modern gameplay, but I think sometimes it will add blandness to a level if all you do is run straight and occasionally turn.

I agree with you as well. Running straight and occasionally turn is something that will become bland. That's where the Homing attack comes, the multiple paths, the tricks come BUT what we really need is more 3D platforming to break that blandness. I am sure Sonic team is capable of that and in the next installment we'll see it.

If they add more 3D platforming to this gameplay formula we have something awesome in our hands(we already do but it will get more awesome). I don't mind if they will play it safe after that for a little while until they find something else to add.

• Thumbs Up 1

Small problem: Sky Sanctuary has fluffy clouds. In the S&K version, these clouds look pretty well the same as the fluffy clouds that the sanctuary was swamped in. They fitted in, for the most part anyway. In this, from what I can tell, the clouds are far below and more wispy. The big white fluffy platform clouds now don't fit in and just look odd.

There's only one obvious answer.

Cloud Mario is afoot.

200px-Cloud_Mario.jpg

• Thumbs Up 7

=\ Still better than Colours when it comes to 3D sections.

Bah...I'm going to play the crap out of this game and I probably won't care about all these things anyway, because I'll be having FUN with the game and that's all that matters to me.

Edited by KrazyBean14
  • Thumbs Up 1

It'd be nice if Sonic Team did something new. I keep making the same complaints because I keep seeing the same problems. People keep telling me to wait and see, expecting the game to suddenly change its design philosophy. But no, same problems every time, so same complaints. I wait, I saw, I complained.

And all it does is lead to an argument or a debate.
That's kind of what I want! I'm trying to get people to examine the game more closely, to press them into either justifying this game's design decisions or accepting that it is flawed. Unfortunately people have tended to focus more on me than the game (personally I believe this is because they can't defend the game, though I won't yet hazard a guess as to whether it's simply because they aren't good enough at debating game design or because the game isn't actually good enough).
  • Thumbs Up 2

Hmm upper and lower alt. routes? Surely those weren't in the Genesis games...oh wait.

Yeah, cause THAT'S the point I was making. And really, I'm not sure they'll be alternate routes. It'll be more like one route and a shortcut.

Edited by Blue Blood

=\ Still better than Colours when it comes to 3D sections.

Bah...I'm going to play the crap out of this game and I probably won't care about all these things anyway, because I'll be having FUN with the game and that's all that matters to me.

I still think that one 3D Section in Aquarium Park Act 6 is one of the best examples of 3D in the Unleashed style