Awoo.

First look at Sky Sanctuary

speedfreak

To be honest, I pretty much always agree with what Dio has to say. The exception being the ONE argument I had with him about level tropes and whatnot which was a silly thing in the first place. If one takes the time to actually listen to him, your realize he makes numerous good points, and thoroughly explains all of his ideas. Hell, I'd pay any price for the sort of game he describes. It really does seem like the best possible path for a future Sonic game to take.

It might or it might not. Not saying Dio doesn't make good points, because he does, and hell maybe the game he wants possibly could be the best option for Sonic, but when it comes down to it, its all about preference, you yourself said, you prefer the Classic games and their physics, there's nothing wrong with that because I enjoy them too, but I also enjoy what Generations is doing just as much as well.

That said, I'm excited for Generations, because I found Unleashed and Colors to be a hell of a lot of fun. They are a cheap thrill, and I won't say they are anything more than that. But sometimes that's all I want. I'm a classic gamer at heart, spending many nights with a cheap joystick in hand, playing Galaga and Ms. Pacman. When I play classic Sonic games, its true that unless I'm feeling adventurous, I take the same basic routes every play through. But, the option to explore is one I wholeheartedly support, if not for my own benefit, than for others. Just because I always allocate skill points evenly across every character stat in RPGs doesn't mean everyone else should have to.
There's nothing wrong with a little exploration here and there as long as there's something to explore and find yeah why not? I don't really care either way because my needs come from the challenge; What does challenges does this game throw at me, and what moves/gimmick does it give me to overcome said challenges, and how hard are these challenges.

Is it wrong that every time I watch that trailer, I go tingly all over?!
That may be nerve damage, you should see a doctor.
  • Thumbs Up 3

WOW! You really don't like anything do you?!

Except maybe attention.

It was a joke, man.

Dio has learned his lesson
I learned what now?

So......I wonder how Speed Highway will look.

You know, it just occured to me that unless its in space, Sonic stages don't take place at night time all that often (not counting Unleashed)

In fact, Sonic stages should take place at diffrent times of day, like sunset/rise or in twilight. More often. Or with diffrent weather conditions.

GAIZ

Enough

Dio has learned his lesson

Let's talk about Crisis City and shit

Actually, let's talk about Seaside Hill. Anyone think it looks a bit like Sky Sanctuary+Water? Personally, I think both look spectacular.

Actually, let's talk about Seaside Hill. Anyone think it looks a bit like Sky Sanctuary+Water? Personally, I think both look spectacular.

Not seeing it.

It looks more like Adabat than anything.

Sky Sanctuary actually looks like Empire City.

I learned what now?

I was satirizing how they thought they were trying to talk an autistic kid through tying his shoes.

Unfortunately, yeah. I really didn't expect this; I had first figured Seaside would go heavier on the GHZ 2.0 than it appears to be, and I figured SSZ would be different enough visually, but they drained a lot of color out of it. Now it's less 2 GHZs, and more 2 ruins levels.

Yes which is why I have a problem with that level getting in over more creative ones like Mystic Mansion and Egg Fleet.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes which is why I have a problem with that level getting in over more creative ones like Mystic Mansion and Egg Fleet.

I would have loved Hang Castle / Mystic Mansion. It was easily my favorite stage from all of Heroes. Egg Fleet wouldn't have been bad either. Just Egg Fleet tho'. Final Fortress can go to hell.

The main problem is that those stages aren't really that popular or well known in comparison to something like Seaside Hill / Ocean Palace. At the end of the day it's not like they're being lazy with it and not differentiating it from the other stages, so I don't really see what the big deal is.

Seaside Hill / Ocean Palace is far from the worst level to pick from Sonic Heroes. Did people forget Rail Canyon / Bullet Station were in that game or something? Hahaha. Bingo Highway would be nice redone, but the original level leaves an awful taste in my mouth because of the downright awful level design and pinball physics.

Edited by Chooch

Come to think of it, Sky Sanctuary has a very Egg Fleet feeling to it, tons of floating platforms in the sky remind me of the Egg Fleet.

I can't stand Heroes anyway, so if they're going to force me to acknowledge it they could at least pick a stage that reminds me of the few times that I actually had fun with it.

I had fun with Ocean Palace it's all good as far as I'm concerned. They're doing a whole lot with Seaside Hill to spice it up. Not just combining it with Ocean Palace either.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sorry guys, but I did NOT like the trailer. Please, don't get me wrong. Sky Sanctuary looks spectacular and beautiful and the music is awesome as well, but the trailer itself is too short, almost all new gameplay parts last for less than a second and there's no new CGi. And we have already seen that part with Metal Sonic, so nothing new there either. Amazing zone, amazing music, shitty trailer. I'm disappointed. You could come up with something better for TGS, Sega.

Edited by ArtFenix
  • Thumbs Up 2

Sorry guys, but I did NOT like the trailer. Please, don't get me wrong. Sky Sanctuary looks spectacular and beautiful and the music is awesome as well, but the trailer itself is too short, almost all new gameplay parts last for less than a second and there's no new CGi. And we have already seen that part with Metal Sonic, so nothing new there either. Amazing zone, amazing music, shitty trailer. I'm disappointed. You could come up with something better for TGS, Sega.

I kind of agree, after viewing the trailer a decillion times, I've noticed that the trailer seems rather lacking.

The music is awesome, the presentation is awesome for the most part, but we barely saw anything of Sky Sanctuary, and from what we've seen wasn't very fun to look at after taking in all the visuals and wide open paths to take which look awesome. But the trailer is lacking actual gameplay of SS. We probably saw about 35 seconds tops. --Maybe even less than that~!--

It seems like they were holding something off...

Sega in general has been really tight lipped about Generations period.

Completely unlike them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah. I can understand some things, but come on, Sega! This is TGS! Couldn't you make something more for this?! Besides, the game will come out in November, so it's not the time for trailers which look more like teasers. Stop teasing us, Sega!

Sorry, that's all cause of my emotions((.

Edited by ArtFenix

WOW! You really don't like anything do you?!

Except maybe attention.

Did you miss the part where I told everybody to shut up with this bullshit?

I suggest you take heed, because I'm done with the warnings from now on.

Egg Robos have been reduced to pretty homing attack chain fodder. They might've been easy to destroy in the classics, but at least they did something besides stand on the stairs and look pretty.

Egg Robos have been reduced to pretty homing attack chain fodder. They might've been easy to destroy in the classics, but at least they did something besides stand on the stairs and look pretty.

Yeah, they ran at you at predictable moments and looked pretty too. :V

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, they ran at you at predictable moments and looked pretty too. :V

I know right? Such a difference!

BTW, what happened to the Death Egg? It looks like it's not that huge as it was in the classics and the color..Lolwhut, Sega?

It's not that bad, but there's definitely something wrong with it. The one in the classics looked very intimidating and dangerous. This one looks kinda epic and that's all.

Edited by ArtFenix

To be honest, the Death Egg never looked that intimidating to me. It's a giant metal ball with Eggman's face on it just like about everything else he takes pride in inventing.

Real Threatening.

I found the inside of it pretty colorful considering the color of it's outside too.