Awoo.

Riots Spread Across the United Kingdom

Glenn

You know what? What has happened to this country of ours?

What has happened to the great peaceful land of england? Why are we just sitting here and waiting for it all to die down when we can all be out there, helping our policemen arrest all those ungrateful bastards? Now I may not be a posh english person, or even a man yet since I am only 15. BUT NO MORE! I swear to god if this travesty spreads to all parts of england, I am going to take action. I don't know about all of you other SSMB members, BUT I AM SICK OF THIS!

ITS TIME TO KICKASS AND CHEW BUBBLEGUM!! AND IM ALL OUT OF GUM. >:I

Edited by Emeraio

Update on my mum: She was able to get to the hospital and had the nuclear dye injected, but because the roads are closed and traffic is impossible, she can't get from the hospital to her friend's house for the night. If she ends up spending the night in the hospital waiting room before the next part of her surgery tomorrow because of the situation in London, my ire will know no bounds >_>

What happens if these riots just go on one night after the other? Will the government get the army out and shoot rioters on sight? If not, how the hell are they going to stop it? What exactly will make these rioters decide to give up? So many questions. I fear this country is destroying itself.

Edited by DarkOverord

What happens if these riots just go on one night after the other? Will the government get the army out and shoot rioters on sight? If not, how the hell are they going to stop it? What exactly will make these rioters decide to give up? So many questions. I fear this country is destroying itself.

Fine. Let the louts destroy our cities. They could be doing more property and emotional damage than the 7/7 bombers. One person has died already.

Fine. Let the louts destroy our cities. They could be doing more property and emotional damage than the 7/7 bombers. One person has died already.

Also

Riots is apparently a cyclical thing in the UK, huh?

Edited by DarkOverord
  • Thumbs Up 3

Stores in Wolverhampton including the ASDA supermarket have closed just in case of any riots. A lot of police are also on guard there.

Local Police have reported that there's no looting in Salford, but there's officers on the scene. A little worrying I have to admit ): It's really close by too.

Also

Riots is apparently a cyclical thing in the UK, huh?

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 3

Just heard my local town Brierley Hill has been closed. I'm going to have a look now.

I hate this, it's so hard to know what's true and what's being massively exaggerated or made up. I'm following a local update group on facebook, but it's so hard to know what's true. That's part of why I wanted to go out and see for myself this morning. Doubt I'll do that tomorrow though, this is getting too drastic.

Well, what would you do if you've got nothing to lose? Continue and vanish or do something to improve your life?

You really have no clue as to what you're talking about do you? You've spoken to all these people rioting then?

I would ask exactly how destroying someone elses live improves your own but if I get some kind of answer which isn't some kind of pro anarchy down with the government bullshit I'd be pleasently suprised.

• Thumbs Up 5

Well, what would you do if you've got nothing to lose? Continue and vanish or do something to improve your life?

The smart thing is to, I don't know, Protest Peacefully? Like some people have done already?

I'm sorry, but I refuse to empathise or sympathise with anyone who wants to pick up a brick and hurl it at someone or something or who sets things on fire. Once you step over that line, all excuses and reasonings are meaningless.

Edit: Actually, I'm not sorry for refusing to empathise with looters and arsonists.

Edited by Gerkuman
  • Thumbs Up 1

So I've been an ignorant regarding this topic and I haven't realised what was going on untill last night.

I've been lurking here and the only thing I can say is... "Why?"

We've had our own riots here a few years ago because people were desperate and freaking pissed about how things were being handled. (and even back then most in my neighboorhood didn't agree with such protests)

But why is this happening?

I usually don't take sides in such situations because both sides are fighting for things they belive is right (pointing back to the riot we had here in 2001) but from what I've been reading here it seems like people are just going on and destroying things so they can show themselves in facebook holding a PS3 and a pair of jeans...

I... I can't understand this. Why is this going on for so long?

My heart and prayers go for the well being of those good people who are going trough... this.

Edited by gato

OK. Final straw. Fuck it.

Why is it that every time that Lemanic posts on a remotely political topic he makes himself look a complete retard with no sense of reality? I know that's offensive as hell and breaks pretty much every rule in the book but at this point what other conclusion can you come to? I mean literally every time he manages to post complete horseshit. You can set your watch to it, even.

I mean really, I've avoided outright criticising his total inability to have a political opinion of any merit or common sense whatsoever up until now but this... this... who the hell would ever think these riots were the least bit sensible?? At all? You'd have to be retarded. Even if you, as you put it, "had nothing to lose", there are still far, far better ways of trying to dig yourself out of it than robbing people blind and burning down your own community.

Oh! And they have plenty to lose anyway - or they would if they hadn't just thrown it away. Good luck any of these morons getting a job or any source of income now because no bugger will hire them after this. On top of that they've given the government the perfect reason to permanently deny them benefits which kicks them even farther up Shit Creek.

This is going to get far worse long-term before it gets better, and there is literally no reason for it to be happening at all. None. That's how stupid this is.

Fucking hell I'm actually going to have to use the ignore feature for once.

• Thumbs Up 5

Oh my I've actually been in there once a few years ago.

This is disgraceful behaviour. Its so unlucky for the police and in turn the rest of England that the person who was shot was black. That's what started this. I wouldn't believe there was unvalid reason for this event to take place. This is not what equality is all about. This person might as well be black, white, green martian alien, echidna. If they were weilding a firearm and threatening to shoot another person, they've basically asked for it. You don't go on a riot to stick up for a minority. Protest all you want but most of England don't go smashing up windows, looting and setting all manner of things on fire that had absolutely nothing to do with this one incident with a black man shot dead by the police for whatever reason.

I think these people who are complaining about the police not being there to protect them, really need to think about a different force to protect them. They really do need the army to protect them and dealt with this opportunists who are just rioting for the kicks. Its sad to think that the army may not help as much as they really should because most of them are in Afghanistan.

I just googled Mark Duggan he looks more arab than black to me

Well, what would you do if you've got nothing to lose? Continue and vanish through the assembly line or actually do something to improve your life?

This is the lower classes we're talkin' about. I'm aware that I'm an upper middle class guy and I know I have responsibilities, like paying my tax and so on.

Cause and effect, dude!

There are no words that can properly express just how insane this line of thought is.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 5

Well, what would you do if you've got nothing to lose? Continue and vanish through the assembly line or actually do something to improve your life?

This is the lower classes we're talkin' about. I'm aware that I'm an upper middle class guy and I know I have responsibilities, like paying my tax and so on.

Cause and effect, dude!

Edited by DarkOverord
  • Thumbs Up 5

Just been round my local area to Brierley Hill town centre and Merry Hill shopping centre. No riots going on in either place. Some police are walking around Brierley Hill, but no shops have been closed that don't already close at 5pm. Police are scouting the outdoor parts of Merry Hill in a van and lots of security guards are in the shopping centre. You're usually lucky to get just a couple in there. Some lads who looked around 17-19 were making fun of the situation by making some noise in the shopping centre, which was scaring some folks. There's definitely a lot of tension around.

On my way out of Merry Hill a guy in a van in the traffic called to a group of about 8 lads going down to Merry Hill and said "Oi, can you grab me some gear?" and the lads laughed and replied "Sure, how much do you want?". The riots were all you could hear people talking about while I was out, too.

The atmosphere in London must be really restless tonight. I just hope it doesn't spread any further than it already has.

At least they have twice as many police officers out tonight on the streets. This needs to stop asap.

Edited by Zero-Boom

My home town of Southend has only 50 police officers remaining, according to the local paper, since the rest are aiding the fight in London.

Congrats to them for alerting all those budding young rioters that there'd be hardly anything stopping them tonight, should they choose to strike.

Edited by Swiss