Awoo.

Riots Spread Across the United Kingdom

Glenn

With the way they're going, government should make it so they cant get a job in this country again, nor get access to dole money, they don't deserve it at all.

I ain't surprised none of the rioters are goths/emo's/metal heads, despite how society see's them as weird, they're tonnes more nicer and peaceful than chavs.

• Thumbs Up 5

With the way they're going, government should make it so they cant get a job in this country again, nor get access to dole money, they don't deserve it at all.

The recently-launched e-petition website for Number 10 Downing Street is way ahead of you, Scott.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-14474429

They had 90,000 signatures at 0600 this morning. If they get to 100,000 then the motion will officially get put forward to committee.

Part of me thinks "yes, justice" but another part is also worried. Take away their money, and where will these looters turn? Crime and looting will be all they have left, and most will probably make a career out of this week's awful behaviour.

And then we'd all be screwed.

• Thumbs Up 2

If all else fails there's always good old fashioned deportation.

Has anyone here reflected upon why this riot started? The greatest austerity since Thatcher times, maybe? Blair isn't exactly innocent to this too.

*cover myself in the name of the first amendment*

For crying out this riot wasn't politcally motivated it was caused by a bunch scally s%&thouses who wanted an excuse to steal stuff and destory peoples properity.dry.gif

Enough said. I don't know maybe their was a full moon on Saturday.

• Thumbs Up 7

Needless to say, I'm absolutely furious.

On holiday for one week and THIS is what happens.

I sincerely hope everyone is OK. I also hope that nobody is involved, if you are, know that you will be on the receiving end of the hatred of many millions of sane people who want no trouble here in the UK.

• Thumbs Up 3

For crying out this riot wasn't politcally motivated it was caused by a bunch scally s%&thouses who wanted an excuse to steal stuff and destory peoples properity.dry.gif

Enough said. I don't know maybe their was a full moon on Saturday.

To be fair to Lemanic, the riot does show that there is a deep rooted social problem happening behind the scenes, or else this wouldn't have happened. Its not politically motivated in the slightest, no, but there is something that caused it; and that something will no doubt be made worse by reactionary solutions like those mentioned by Scott above.

• Thumbs Up 1

To be fair to Lemanic, the riot does show that there is a deep rooted social problem happening behind the scenes, or else this wouldn't have happened. Its not politically motivated in the slightest, no, but there is something that caused it; and that something will no doubt be made worse by reactionary solutions like those mentioned by Scott above.

Oh you're right there Tornado ther are definably social prolbems , but Lemanic like to think its some stupid Communist/Anarchist style revolution against the government which it is clearly not.

Problem is nobody has any rights to put these people in their place, especially the younger rioters and looters.

• Thumbs Up 1

The recently-launched e-petition website for Number 10 Downing Street is way ahead of you, Scott.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-14474429

They had 90,000 signatures at 0600 this morning. If they get to 100,000 then the motion will officially get put forward to committee.

Part of me thinks "yes, justice" but another part is also worried. Take away their money, and where will these looters turn? Crime and looting will be all they have left, and most will probably make a career out of this week's awful behaviour.

And then we'd all be screwed.

It is a stupid plan and reeks of unfortunate implications bound to happen.

• Thumbs Up 3

With regards to that petition.

The website has been taken down due to technical issues... however, the specific petition thats getting the attention has passed the 100,000 signature mark. So it is going to be passed to back benchers for debate.

With regards to that petition.

The website has been taken down due to technical issues... however, the specific petition thats getting the attention has passed the 100,000 signature mark. So it is going to be passed to back benchers for debate.

Indeed.

Well, this is where we all get a say. Write to your MP if you feel strongly enough.

The system only works if you use it, people.

Indeed.

Well, this is where we all get a say. Write to your MP if you feel strongly enough.

The system only works if you use it, people.

Before I go off sounding like an idiot, what are the social problems in England like?

I just had a thought, say people who are serving in the Army etc. came back to see what these people are doing to our country, the country they're out there risking their lives to protect. I think they'd go utterly ballistic, and rightfully so.

• Thumbs Up 4

Before I go off sounding like an idiot, what are the social problems in England like?

That depends entirely on your political viewpoint, and with great respect I wouldn't want to make any concrete definitions as a result, for fear of offending anybody with a strong political belief.

OMG @ the chavs on Sky News that were just being interviewed about the riots. They were laughing away while being questioned and one of them said "There's nothing we can do about it. What happens happens for a reason, innit?" >_<

Has anyone here reflected upon why this riot started? The greatest austerity since Thatcher times, maybe? Blair isn't exactly innocent to this too.

*cover myself in the name of the first amendment*

While you're right. GIVE HIM DUE GUYS HE IS RIGHT.

The people rioting, don't actually care. They're seeing "free stuff" in this. Most don't care about it all. Hell, Lemanic, a lot only think about immigration, not money.

It is instead more a societal thing. A lot of the rioters were kids, or adults who had no intention in putting back into the system anyway. These were the people created by what was known as the "Benefit Culture". More often than not, they willingly failed school. They only went to college for EMA money.

The riots have instead highlighted that something needs to be done. Because in the end, the people Lemanic THINK are rioting, actually aren't. The "true" working class Lemanic, actually cleaned up. Please bare this in mind Lemanic. The "true" working class, those who you talk of. Not Chav's, the people who were working and lost their jobs, the people who are actually working, the people who are the stereotypical working class, Lemanic. They're not rioting.

And this isn't a pollicial belief. The "true" working class actually identify as "Middle Class" now to avoid being lumped with Chav's. I AM A WORKING CLASS MAN. While I'm a student, until I'm earning lots and lots, I'm working class. Yes, I am angry about the cuts, but you didn;t see me out there on Tuesday smashing, looting and burning the local Lidl down...

Edited by DarkOverord

Just a quick update on some of the better news during all this:

Ashrad Rossli, the young student who was mugged and left bleeding in the street, has had £12,000 raised for him in a bid to help pay for his medical and stolen goods costs.

And the owner of the Reeves Furniture Store, the family-run business that has been around since something like 1867, has had £900 raised for the repairs of his store in just one morning.

Really glad to see there are more people who care than people who don't. This shows that England is a truly strong country after all. ^_^

• Thumbs Up 6

Panama are doing an episode on the riots on BBC 1 as we speak. It's basically a timeline of the main events with some interviews spruced about. It's actually kinda interesting.

There's been some rioting going on in Bristol apparently? So Bath upped the amount of police out and about. However JezMM and I now live in Kent, about an hour or two outside London so we're okay. Everyone I know is fine.

B-but she's so pretty and smart, how can she be so stupid?

She obviously has no knowledge of the underlying causes of these riots; Tory social policy and cuts, decades of little-to-no social mobility, distrust or outright hatred of the police, that kind of thing. Violent games have about as much to do with these awful events as they did with 9/11 or the Oklahoma Bombing, i.e. nothing.

Sounds like Britain's version of Michelle Bachman, but instead of video games, she blames black people and Mexicans.

Sounds like Britain's version of Michelle Bachman, but instead of video games, she blames black people and Mexicans.

You forgot that she also blames homosexuals too! dry.gif

• 4 months later...

Bit of a bump, but I thought it better than making a new topic.

So nearly 6 months on since the riots and the police have made thousands of arrests and many people have been tried and convicted... So what have the Metropolitan police decided to do?

They've started to upload the mug shots of the rioters to their flicker page along with their full names and ages and partial address'! I don't really understand why they're doing this other than to add humiliation to those caught and convicted (if it's deserved or not is a totally other debate).

But also, visiotrs to the flicker page are allowed to leave comments on each individuals photo.

Head here if you want to look at the naughty people... bare in mind... some of them are propper funny looking XD

• Thumbs Up 1