Awoo.

Riots Spread Across the United Kingdom

Glenn

Another humorous take on the recent riots from satirical news site ‘The Daily Mash’:

Housing market affected by houses being on fire

10-08-11

ESTATE agents are struggling to find buyers for Britain's increasing number of on-fire homes, it has emerged.

fire1.jpg
It's in a desirable area full of coffee shops and delicatessens that are on fire

UK property professionals believe that difficulties in an already-delicate housing market are being compounded by an estimated 36% of available dwellings being ablaze.

Gloucester estate agent Tom Logan said: "It is generally harder to sell a house that's engulfed in flames. A lot of buyers will say they like it but just can't quite see themselves living there.

"But the current explosion in things being on fire couldn't have come at a worse time for sellers.

"However, selling a house is all about marketing and presentation so it's all about accentuating positives. I always point out how new the flames actually are and that when the firemen have gone home it will be a wonderful blank canvas.

"I would recommend to buyers that they don't immediately disregard burning houses. After all it's very likely that if they buy a place that doesn't already have smoke coming out of it, it soon will, as there are thousands of people out there very keen to set it on fire."

He added: "And can I just say that compared to the fucked up shit happening today people like me seem like a twee, PG Wodehouse throwback to a gentler, more humane age."

First-time buyer Emma Bradford said: “My boyfriend and I have looked at a few burning houses because they're cheaper and it's still better than renting.

"Also a place that's been reduced to a charred skeleton does not involve picking away at loads of dowdy wood chip wallpaper."

Where's Del Boy when you need him?

That particular episode was shown on TV today.

GOOD NEWS!

David Cameron has finally authorised the use of water cannon.... 5 days after the riots started.

However there is a catch.

They can only deploy it if they give 24 hours notice. So what this means is that the police have to either predict there will be a riot 24 hours in advance... or... "OH SHIT RIOT! Awww man... I hope it goes on for 24 hours, since thats the length of time it takes to get the water cannon out."

Edited by ^DiZnEy^

If anyone wants to watch it Sky News HD has a special tomorrow night about the why are they rioting live debate at 8pm

Edited by StockingCroft

Certain post has been deleted on grounds of provoking content, and certain following posts have been deleted on grounds of, well, yanno. Cleaning. smile.gif

While I am in here, I have not gotten the opportunity to learn much about what has happened over there recently, but it sounds absolutely devastating. Hope that stuff comes to an end real soon, and I hope you guys and your close ones are safe. =(

... @¤#&! Where is the exclamation title I use for moderated content. ... And why is nothing flowing into the Trash Can ... This new forum is trying to kill me! HELP MEEE!!

Thank you, Diz. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

The TONIGHT show on ITV 1 is on right now doing a special on the UK Riots right now for those who would like to watch this.

The TONIGHT show on ITV 1 is on right now doing a special on the UK Riots right now for those who would like to watch this.

Priceless. laugh.gif

In other news, Sony has promised to send out a PSP to the young lad who was injured and got mugged, to replace the one that was stolen. :)

Edited by Swiss
  • Thumbs Up 3

I would be nice if drunken scally scumbags would stop blaming foreigners for all this chaos.

At least when they come here most of them are prepared to work and live here peacefully unlike these scumbags.dry.gif

Edited by BW199148
  • Thumbs Up 1

Indeed, and arguably its usually in times of crisis that people come united together and that can only be a good thing with our society being so incredibly divided as of late.

SCEE have announced that they wish to give back to a victim of theft from the London riots.

Ashraf Haziq was found cowering and injured by muggers who took it upon themselves to ‘help’ him. While one helped the 20 year old up, another secretly removed a PSP from Haziq’s backpack.

Today SCEE’s marketing director Alan Duncan has revealed that Sony would “like to give Ashraf a new PSP and games”. SCEE later commented via one of their UK reps “If we can find out how to get it to him we’ll replace the PSP.”

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh boy...

So my mum works at the head office of a big chain store retailer (I won't say who), they sell TV's, DVD/Blu-ray players, consoles, PC's, laptops, washing machines, vaccume cleaners... you know the type.

So they've been getting a lot of details regarding the riots and the cost/damage to the stores.

Now this is for one store, but it's very likely that it would apply to just about everybody else.

* 20 stores have been shut indefinately.

* The same 20 need major repair works

* Most stock has been stolen or destroyed.

* All 20 stores are NOT covered by their insurance.

Now this is major electrical retailer, they have insurance on all their stores against the usual, however they're not covered against riots and it turns out that just about nobody is covered against riots. It turns out that just about every insurance provider does not protect against riots as it falls under wars or civil disturbances and most insurance companies wont offer protection against this, main reason is that if there was ever a war or a riot, the damage would be so much it would bankrupt insurance agencies.

What does this mean? Well it means that most companies will have to pay for the damage and the replacement stock out of their own pockets. Why is this a big deal? Well most companies were already making people redundant and looking to cut costs anyway following the recession, with most companies not yet making as much net profit as they used to be it's likely that they'll start looking to make more people redundant in order to cover costs, because the bill for a company that has been affected by the riots is likely to be enormous.

3 Generations of addidas and a racist talk about why the riots are good.

OMG, and that guy at the end too... wow. That guy says they've got to riot because the government is letting foreign people into our country and because there's no jobs. The reporter says that trashing shops up isn't helping people get jobs and all he can say "Well, that's up to them innit?". *facepalm*

OMG, and that guy at the end too... wow. That guy says they've got to riot because the government is letting foreign people into our country and because there's no jobs. The reporter says that trashing shops up isn't helping people get jobs and all he can say "Well, that's up to them innit?". *facepalm*

Well we don't have kids Shadz, so our well thought out arguments don't count.

Also... not sure if this is true since I can't find it. The girl who they interview at 0:44, aparently she's in yesterdays copy of the Metro doing... yup... looting a store!

I really hope that this is ultimately gets resolved fairly ASAP, as a lot of other major issues are not getting the neccesary resources they need (for good reason, but still.)

Edit: Just to day watching this rioting covearage on the news only to accidentlyo switch to the drought thats still occuring in Somalia and other parts of eastern Africa and it was sickening. On the hand you have people not knowing when there next meal is because of nature (and arguably moreso the ongoing trible war) and on the other you have people who have acess to a free health service, free education, better jobs prosepects then somalians and social security in the form of benefits and pensions, decent security and leadership and what do the do? Loot and cause pointless destruction.

Sickening, just sickening

Edited by blackherox
  • Thumbs Up 5

Its disgusting, most of them are complaining about tax and no jobs, even though they're on the dole, don't pay tax anyway, and don't bother trying to get a job. Urgh

I'm not surprised the EDL got involved-- Why are they called the English Defense League when they're the type of people who we should've gotten rid of in England?

And my online friends wondered what i meant by England is crawling with scum.

Edited by Rabid-Noodles