Awoo.

Riots Spread Across the United Kingdom

Glenn

My mum lives in a rural village which probably won't be affected,

Indeed. I suspect this will stick to being a City and Town thing.

I don't know what's worse, that a peaceful protest was turned bad by greedy people, or that so many foolish, foolish citizens are joining it.

Both really. I was appalled when it happened at the Student riots on a smaller scale. I'm moreso appalled now.

Just read about a furniture business that was founded in 1867, was burned to ashes, the old man who ran it said his life is destroyed.

Absolutely disgusting...

http://www.mirror.co...15875-23330405/

This actually upset me. It really shows the people doing this do not care if they're ruining lives, so long as they can steal or set things on fire

I'll just leave this here...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14456065

A friend shared this with me. I've seen this kinda shit happen without riots. But it's still disturbing to say the least.

Would we be able to rename this topic UK Riots, since riots hit Birmingham, Liverpool and Bristol last night?

Actually, English Riots. Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland (for once) and the Isle of Man are pretty peaceful at the moment.

Yes. Yes it is. The 80's has resurrected, politically.

Screw you. Anarchy is not awesome at all. It's appalling and look what it's doing =/ It's ruining peoples lives. You approve of people setting fire to buildings, looting peoples homes and being an all out arse?

Hmm?

Well, that on its own proves that Chavs are behind all this.

Chavs will just be taking advantage. I highly suspect Chav's will trigger this.

Well. Now the Prime Minister is forcing parliament back from their holiday's. And about bloody time too! I'm hoping they can resolve something pretty quickly, though I doubt it...

Would we be able to rename this topic UK Riots, since riots hit Birmingham, Liverpool and Bristol last night?

Consider it done.

Apparently the Medway Towns were targetted by people who travelled deliberately out of London to "spread" the chaos and instigate more riots elsewhere. Chatham and Strood are main stations for the High Speed One service, and the rest of Kent in general via train and public transport. I'm supposed to be in Chatham tomorrow for a counselling appointment.

They set fire to bins and cars, and I'm unsure the level of damage to shops.

Lots of footage of how things developed in Birmingham:

That's terrible. Nice to see people blaming the police /sarcasm >_<

Lots of footage of how things developed in Birmingham:

That's terrible. Nice to see people blaming the police /sarcasm >_<

"I'm claustrophobic" aaaah. The usual excuse.

IN MORE POSITIVE NEWS! http://bbc.in/qr7dzp

Residents are trying to clean up and help the councils. More to them I say!

And in true Britishness... 00:38 9/8/2011: Camden Town, London

At least those who aren't rioting are making a good cuppa for those respect worthy officers.

As looters and rioters smashed up shops, looted and fought with police in Camden Town, Philippa Morgan-Walker, 25 and her husband, Jonny Walker, 31, made tea for the police who were protecting their street. Some of the officers had been on duty for more than 30 hours.

30 hours. And people complain about the Police? 30 HOURS.

• Thumbs Up 3

"I'm claustrophobic" aaaah. The usual excuse.

IN MORE POSITIVE NEWS! http://bbc.in/qr7dzp

Residents are trying to clean up and help the councils. More to them I say!

And in true Britishness... http://www.flickr.co...ght/6024429000/

At least those who aren't rioting are making a good cuppa for those respect worthy officers.

30 hours. And people complain about the Police? 30 HOURS.

Well done to those brave people coming out making brews from those brave officers.

Police officers get too much nasty shit throw at them these days, so its nice to hear something positive from all of this.

This might make the Tories think and actually realize how important the Police service is and support a bit more but I doubt it....

Also like to thank the brave paramedics and firemen for doing what they can as well. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Also like to thank the brave paramedics and firemen for doing what they can as well. smile.gif

All of the emergency services man. All of them! They've earned my utmost respect while they're pulled thin!

All of the emergency services man. All of them! They've earned my utmost respect while they're pulled thin!

Yeah Dark, that's what I wanted to say, they're all pulled very thin but they are all trying their best.happy.gif

Read this morning that all the major London train stations have reopened aside from Enfield, which is good news for my mum getting into London/Chelsea for her surgery appointment.

The video of those thugs taking stuff from that injured kid's bag makes me sick. This whole mess makes me sick. What happened to my beautiful dignified country? ):

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, brilliant.

Mum just got back from Sainsburys... before getting in. They've shut due to riots starting up at a nearby Matalan, and there are rumours that more of my local area is next.

Oh, brilliant.

Mum just got back from Sainsburys... before getting in. They've shut due to riots starting up at a nearby Matalan, and there are rumours that more of my local area is next.

Going out in a bit hope nothing kick's off. unsure.gif

Oh shit. A bunch of Police vans and cars are passing my house. Looks like they've made it here too. D:

There's word that windows and stuff are being smashed in Suffolk. Uh-oh, it might move up as far as Norwich after all. D:

Talked to one of my friends from the UK who observed some people defending and some getting ready to defend their areas from the Rioters.

Edited by Shade ?

I really like Boris Johnson, I think that he can really relate to a crowd when he speaks... but today he really dropped the ball.

I think we have a new cringeworthy moment. I'm watching Boris Johnson trying to talk to shopkeepers in Clapham Junction right now.

It more or less says it all, again people ask where were the police? What are you doing to protect us? And Boris Johnson says "I want to say... I want to say... I want to say... Are you helping to clean up?" To which the crowd erupts and says "NO WE'RE SHOPKEEPERS! THATS MY SHOP OVER THERE!" A woman points to a totally destroyed shop and tells him that she had a brick thrown through the window at her. Boris just walks away.

Says it all really.

Oh look the Home Secretary is there, she's just said that "We'll be using youtube to catch the criminals."

Theres no video yet. But just wait until it gets uploaded, it's one of the most cringeworthy moments I've seen Boris in for a long long time.

BBC Now reporting that Nick Clegg was walking through Birmingham viewing the damage and crowds of 100's were booing him yelling "Clegg Go Home!"

Boris Johnson is now being booed and crowds of 100's yelling "Where's your broom!"

Suddenly one of his aids gives him a broom to which the crowd cheers... .. ... Well thats one way to win the mob I guess. Give the man a broom.. I wonder if he'll use it.

Yeah thats the clip

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14464139

Here it is. Personally think good on those people, good on them!

Yeah thats the clip I saw. It was from a different angle though, you can see the crowd a lot more and they're far from impressed on the angle I saw.

Also... when you watch that clip... check out how the Home Secretary slowly walks away as the crowd starts to boo... Why does she still have a job exactly?

However literally just now another crowd has been cheering him after one of his aids gave him a broom to carry. I wonder if he'll use it?

* Looks at story about two rioters bragging how they're showing the rich that they can do what they want*

*Hears that they had fun doing it*

AT LEAST ONE PERSON HAS DIED WITH PLENTY OTHERS INJURED IN THE WAKE OF YOUR BRAGGING RIGHTS AND 'GOOD FUN', YOU CALLOUS, THOUGHTLESS, WRETCHED, SELF-CENTRED ASSHOLES.

*Ahem* Sorry, got carried away there. My area hasn't been affected, but my thoughts are with those who have been.

Edited by VEDJ-F

I heard that there were police officers in Walsall, is there gonna be a riot there. It's a small town so maybe I'm lucky.

Yes. Yes it is. The 80's has resurrected, politically.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 2

What happens if these riots just go on one night after the other? Will the government get the army out and shoot rioters on sight? If not, how the hell are they going to stop it? What exactly will make these rioters decide to give up? So many questions. I fear this country is destroying itself.

What happens if these riots just go on one night after the other? Will the government get the army out and shoot rioters on sight? If not, how the hell are they going to stop it? What exactly will make these rioters decide to give up? So many questions. I fear this country is destroying itself.

Edited by Verte