Awoo.

Riots Spread Across the United Kingdom

Glenn

I don't think you should post anymore unless you have a clue as to what the stituation is and what you're talking about.

The news is claiming that it started due to the police shooting a guy who we don't yet know if he was armed or not.

However that doesn't explain nor excuse people rioting or going out burning down buildings and causing a panic... it certainly doesn't explain why we've now got people rioting in Birmingham who probably have about as much connection to London and this guy other than they share the letter n in their city names.

I don't pay attention to the news.

*edit* I should, but curiosity kills me.

Edited by TheREVerend

I don't think you should post anymore unless you have a clue as to what the stituation is and what you're talking about.

The news is claiming that it started due to the police shooting a guy who we don't yet know if he was armed or not.

However that doesn't explain nor excuse people rioting or going out burning down buildings and causing a panic... it certainly doesn't explain why we've now got people rioting in Birmingham who probably have about as much connection to London and this guy other than they share the letter n in their city names.

That's what I trying say, just ignore him, the guy's username was Reich-SS. dry.gif

I find this violence really disgusting, any excuse for a fight with the police and to loot peoples properity, eh? sad.gif

Edited by BW199148

On Sky News just now it showed some of the rioters attacked Birmingham's Cyber Candy shop. Smashing it's windows with a metal chair. That's like, one of my absolute favorite shops in the City Center. I buy my Peppermint Patties, Butterfingers, Mountain Dew White Out cans and Pocky from there!

It really is a saddening thing to see this. There's far more shops flashing up on Sky News that are being targeted that I'm a regular customer of and seeing them getting ruined by the thugs leaves me with a great sense of upset and rage. I wonder if they've targeted Nostalgia and Comics sad.gif

I feel terribly bad for all the shops affected. But seeing the shops I visit and purchase from so, so often being ransacked like this makes me feel deeply deeply uncomfortable and upset.

• Thumbs Up 3

Don't blame the youth, blame the old.

I was just watching a leaked video of a polic brutality before the riot. Anonymous claims that this started the riot.

As if assholes who take part in these things ever needed a "justification" to break shit and steal stuff.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm still over in the USA right now, and believe me, walking into the kitchen for dinner to see London in flames on the News was... surreal, to say the least. I'm kind of grateful to be over here...

I have two concerns that I hope anyone with good geographical awareness can help me with:

My mum is going to London tomorrow for stage one of her breast cancer surgery. She'll be in Chelsea. Is there rioting anywhere near there?

Also, my brother lives in Farnham and my dad lives in Sutton (both areas in London), any violence near either of those locations?

Thanks in advance, guys.

-Worried Flyboy, far from home...

• Thumbs Up 2

Last Thursday, a murderous gangster was shot dead by London police.

Today, it needs to happen again. Many, many times over.

Edited by eXtaticus
  • Thumbs Up 2

As if assholes who take part in these things ever needed a "justification" to break shit and steal stuff.

I would of been mad as hell and taken 20 lives. Then again, I wasn't in the incident. So I still wouldn't have. I'm too sympathetic.

*edit* No I wouldn't. I'm too stupid.

Edited by TheREVerend

On Sky News just now it showed some of the rioters attacked Birmingham's Cyber Candy shop. Smashing it's windows with a metal chair. That's like, one of my absolute favorite shops in the City Center. I buy my Peppermint Patties, Butterfingers, Mountain Dew White Out cans and Pocky from there!

It really is a saddening thing to see this. There's far more shops flashing up on Sky News that are being targeted that I'm a regular customer of and seeing them getting ruined by the thugs leaves me with a great sense of upset and rage. I wonder if they've targeted Nostalgia and Comics sad.gif

I feel terribly bad for all the shops affected. But seeing the shops I visit and purchase from so, so often being ransacked like this makes me feel deeply deeply uncomfortable and upset.

I fully understand, but those shops will be repaired and safe again.

And that's ultimately what'll be the lasting legacy. This isn't a revolution, this isn't the end. Stay safe, stay indoors and let the police do their job.

You'll be able to use your continued custom to show support, once the dust has settled.

I would of been mad as hell and taken 20 lives. Then again, I wasn't in the incident. So I still wouldn't have. I'm too sympathetic.

Tell me you did not just say that you would have killed 20 people had you been there?

• Thumbs Up 8

TheREVerend, you said you were leaving the topic, didn't you? Please either do so, or contribute something useful and not inflammatory. Your attitude in here is not helpful and won't be tolerated.

Everyone else, ignore it. Please. Ignorant remarks are not worth getting upset over.

• Thumbs Up 6

A good portion of my family lives in/around London (my Nan actually in Tottenham) so imagine my relief when I heard they're all safe. I really hope everybody else can feel the same as I did.

Hopefully it will be over soon, and not spread. Luckily I'm all the way up in Norwich at the moment, so it looks like I'll be pretty far from it. I truly hope nobody is badly affected by this.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if they've targeted Nostalgia and Comics sad.gif

FUCK!!!

Not the comics!.....NOT THE COOOOOMICS!!!! D:

I'm still over in the USA right now, and believe me, walking into the kitchen for dinner to see London in flames on the News was... surreal, to say the least. I'm kind of grateful to be over here...

I have two concerns that I hope anyone with good geographical awareness can help me with:

My mum is going to London tomorrow for stage one of her breast cancer surgery. She'll be in Chelsea. Is there rioting anywhere near there?

Also, my brother lives in Farnham and my dad lives in Sutton (both areas in London), any violence near either of those locations?

Thanks in advance, guys.

Hey Flyboy, hopefully everything'll be fine.

Chelsea isn't a major flashpoint. I would think the first stage of your mother's breast cancer surgery is something important enough to be maintained. The hospital will be on high alert but normal functions are being maintained. She'll obviously be contacted and I would imagine hospital staff would ensure her safety.

Farnham and Sutton are two areas I haven't seen in any news feeds, either, but the violence is spreading. Your father and brother, however, will be aware of the news and hopefully staying securely at home.

My advice would be to watch the BBC News website, if you're worried, as that has the best chance of accurate, up-to-the-minute information. The link at the beginning of the topic will take you there.

If there's anything you need, don't hesitate to PM or yell.

• Thumbs Up 3

Thanks in advance, guys.

Flyboy I don't think there is rioting in Chelsea, but I wouldn't be surprised if it spreads, it's rumoured to spread to Nothern England! sad.gif

Rumour control time.

There are no riots or any kind of serious disorder reported in Wolverhampton, Coventry or Walsall. ---West Midlands police twitter feed.

Do not believe all the rumours.

Tell me you did not just say that you would have killed 20 people had you been there?

Would you honestly believe I would have taken 20 lives?

*edit*

It was implied sarcasm. I'm a very sarcastic person. It's in my nature. sorry about that(no sarcasm there)

Edited by TheREVerend

Rumour control time.

There are no riots or any kind of serious disorder reported in Wolverhampton, Coventry or Walsall. ---West Midlands police twitter feed.

Do not believe all the rumours.

Excellent update, thank you kindly, Hogfather. happy.gif

I must apologise to everybody contributing sensible and supportive messages to this topic, but I've reached my "like" limit for today, apparently, so can't show my appreciation to all posts (and obviously can't reply to every single one, either).

All are fully appreciated, however, and my thanks to you all.

Stay safe and g'night for now!

Would you honestly believe I would have taken 20 lives?

You honestly think, a 16 year old who let alone doesn't know how to defend himself.. Yet... Kill in cold blood?

I have some sympathy here and there. I do wish the best for the people of London since I have friends over there as well.

I just like to... Actually I'm trying to hard to be cold... And I failed miserably.

Yeah, because talking about ruthlessly murdering 20 innocent people is cool, right everyone? dry.gif

• Thumbs Up 6

A couple of the heartless posts posted here really make me sick. Buildings are being trashed and burnt down, stuff is being stolen and many many people are being hurt and killed. How can you not care?

Anyway, I'm sad to hear that this has happened and is now spreading to other areas of the country. It's now happening in places local to me, like Birmingham, Halesowen and Wolverhampton. These rioters are disgraces and should be ashamed of themselves.

EDIT:

Oh, thanks for the update about Wolverhampton, Hogfather smile.gif

• Thumbs Up 5

This is more like a bunch of asses having a nice long field day on poor London. I mean I wouldn't really go farther than simply throwing toilet paper on the homes of officers if I was in this so called riot, but I would never stoop to the point of burning and stealing from homes and businesses with no remote connection to the incident.

I may be in the states, but I feel deeply sorry for all of you and send my best regards. Please guys, just stay indoors, be safe, support and think about your officers, and try to hope for the best no matter what.

• Thumbs Up 1

Whatever I'll ignore what I said like the plague.

I honestly don't know what else is going on, so someone fill me in. I don't trust news sources anymore.

I don't know why but when I look at this news it reminds me of the Los Angles Riots of 1992. This stuff that people do is just ignorant dumb, selfish, cruel, I could go on I just feel so bad for those people and wish them luck. The world is a cruel place at times but I try and look at the positives of the world. and to the people here acting like they don't give shit I really feel sorry for you people that think and feel you don't need to care about others.