Awoo.

Riots Spread Across the United Kingdom

Glenn

The smart thing is to, I don't know, Protest Peacefully? Like some people have done already?

Okay, I'll like to point out that peaceful protest only works as long as the group is dedicated in their effort and don't come off as a nuisance. Peaceful Protest is about as effective as the government in question will allow. In other words, peaceful protesting in a dictatorship is simply lining your ass up to get shot. Protesting a corporate injustice? They'll just ignore you and the consumers won't care(TRUTH).

I also point out that I am in no way defending these people. They are assholes and anyone who says that it is in response of an unjust shooting are fooling themselves. When Rodney King got shit, at least it was premeditated at a single entity aka the LA Police Department and as far as I'm concerned, it worked. This is a bunch of asshats looting places for their own gain while corrupting the real intent of the protest...eventhough I don't believe in the effectiveness of 'peaceful protest' in terms of government influence.

Well, my local Precinct is now on Fire with the local Lidl. People live in the precinct too as it's also a block of flats too, so they're almost murderers. Fantastic work fucktards.

What's gonna happen when they realise that once what they've looted runs out (Food etc.), there's no-shops there to restock them? =/

Edited by DarkOverord

Update on my mum: She was able to get to the hospital and had the nuclear dye injected, but because the roads are closed and traffic is impossible, she can't get from the hospital to her friend's house for the night. If she ends up spending the night in the hospital waiting room before the next part of her surgery tomorrow because of the situation in London, my ire will know no bounds >_>

I'm glad your mom made it ok, Flyboy. I just checked BBC for an update, and it says this:

Streets of London currently calm after Monday's night of mob violence, arson and looting - many shops and pubs boarded up.

That's certainly good news right there. There was some rioting in Nottingham as well, but I haven't heard of any more rioting there beyond that one night. I sent a message to some friends of mine who live in Nottingham and am waiting to hear back from them so I'm hoping they're ok.

Edited by Kevin

Norwich update: So Taxis are being told to avoid Anglia Square and PC World is being looted...yet Police Control say nothing's been reported? I'm going for a drive about to see what the situation is.

Edited by Swiss

Norwich update: So Taxis are being told to avoid Anglia Square and PC World is being looted...yet Police Control say nothing's been reported? I'm going for a drive about to see what the situation is.

While I'd never presume to give you orders, I strongly recommend you don't venture into a possible flashpoint. You're a young guy in civilian clothes. You'd make yourself a target and potentially get involved in a horrible situation.

Should you decide to go, please stay safe and don't take any unnecessary risks.

While I'd never presume to give you orders, I strongly recommend you don't venture into a possible flashpoint. You're a young guy in civilian clothes. You'd make yourself a target and potentially get involved in a horrible situation.

Should you decide to go, please stay safe and don't take any unnecessary risks.

Don't worry, I'll only be in the car. I wouldn't get out to get a closer look or anything. ^_^

I'm just worried for Uni friends who live closer to town. D:

Don't worry, I'll only be in the car. I wouldn't get out to get a closer look or anything. happy.gif

I'm just worried for Uni friends who live closer to town. D:

Well, I hope your friends are alright, and obviously if you can get safely to them, that's great and very brave of you.

Hope it isn't too dangerous, and the best of luck out there!

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I hope your friends are alright, and obviously if you can get safely to them, that's great and very brave of you.

Hope it isn't too dangerous, and the best of luck out there!

Thanks Glenn, appreciate the support! happy.gif

I'll update when/if I find anything.

Edited by Swiss
  • Thumbs Up 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gex_ya4-Oo

Anyway this pissed me off.....

Yeah, I saw that earlier. It's disgusting.

Giving me a hard time posting videos on this board for some reason.

The board seems to have made it easier now. Just post the YouTube link without any tags and the video will automatically embed.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't even understand the protests. "Yeah, let's protest because an armed protector of peace was defending himself." Seriously? The officer was shot and he fired back. What's wrong with that? I'm honestly stunned that more than three people within a hundred-mile radius would protest that.

It doesn’t take a genius to see these riots have fuck all to do with that guy getting shot, it was merely the catalyst for a problem that has been building up for some time. Ever since the conservative government came into power they have made decisions that have pissed off large numbers of people, and now these people are acting out in the only way the politicians will notice.

Peaceful protest achieves jack shit, following laws written by corrupt, bribed politicians achieves nothing. Blowing shit up hurts the government because it affects the only thing it really cares about: making money and the economy.

Now I’m not saying this is a great way to communicate with the government, the collateral damage is peoples lives and livelihoods, I’m just saying that you know the countries in a bad way when it’s people have to resort to the tactics of a third word country struggling to fight off a dictatorship just to be heard. What’s driving people now is fear and anger, ain’t no logic about it.

A large number of these people rioting are mostly dip shits who just want to blow shit up and nick a TV, but it’s important to remember there is a real underlying issue, even if people are mostly using it as an excuse to loot.

It doesn’t take a genius to see these riots have fuck all to do with that guy getting shot, it was merely the catalyst for a problem that has been building up for some time. Ever since the conservative government came into power they have made decisions that have pissed off large numbers of people, and now these people are acting out in the only way the politicians will notice.

Peaceful protest achieves jack shit, following laws written by corrupt, bribed politicians achieves nothing. Blowing shit up hurts the government because it affects the only thing it really cares about: making money and the economy.

Now I’m not saying this is a great way to communicate with the government, the collateral damage is peoples lives and livelihoods, I’m just saying that you know the countries in a bad way when it’s people have to resort to the tactics of a third word country struggling to fight off a dictatorship just to be heard. What’s driving people now is fear and anger, ain’t no logic about it.

A large number of these people rioting are mostly dip shits who just want to blow shit up and nick a TV, but it’s important to remember there is a real underlying issue, even if people are mostly using it as an excuse to loot.

No this solves and proves nothing, they are destorying peoples lives and homes, how is this showing the government who is boss? angry.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gex_ya4-Oo

Giving me a hard time posting videos on this board for some reason.

Anyway this pissed me off.....

That is just... horrid. I swear on my lord's grave, if I see that.. that... FUCKING COCKSUCKER that took that poor defenseless kid's stuff, I am gonna kick him in the PUSSY THAT HE CAME FROM BECAUSE HE IS A TWAT! So this goes out to you mister BIGSHOT:

FUCK YOU, TWATFACE!

No this solves and proves nothing, they are destorying peoples lives and homes, how is this showing the government who is boss? angry.gif

Why don't we direct that question at the people of Egypt, Iran, or Greece? Rioting put's pressure on the government to effect change. I'm not saying it's right, or always effective, I'm just saying it's human nature.

Why don't we direct that question at the people of Egypt, Iran, or Greece? Rioting put's pressure on the government to effect change. I'm not saying it's right, or always effective, I'm just saying it's human nature.

Those were people most the people doing the rioting and looting are scum! dry.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, Norwich is fine. PC World is looking normal, Anglia Square is fine and dandy...seems like the reports were false. Why do people bother trying to scare people like that? :I

• Thumbs Up 1

Those were people most the people doing the rioting and looting are scum! dry.gif

I think you’ll find any rebuttals in my original post so i’ll just refer you to that and let other people continue with this topic.

What the fuck!?

Since the people in Egypt and Iran are living under a dictatorship, they're fighting for a change in government so they might actually have a chance to live without being considered to have 'disobeyed.'

The people on the streets of the UK are rioting because they fancy a 3D TV and a new pair of trainers!

How the fuck did we get that comparison! "Dear president of Iran, will you please leave office kind regards your people" I suspect his reply will be "... ... .... No."

• Thumbs Up 5

Well, Norwich is fine. PC World is looking normal, Anglia Square is fine and dandy...seems like the reports were false. Why do people bother trying to scare people like that? :I

I think its because it sells newspapers, mate! wink.gif

What? Too soon? tongue.gif

Oh my God, I just saw that video of that dude robbing the injured kid. Words...cannot...describe...how...angry.

I'll be frank about this: If you think this situation is remotely comparable to what happened in Egypt and Iran, then you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nono. There is some truth in Psychobob’s Ghost words. A minority, of this minority are doing this as a Fuck You Govt. The majority are just pillocks wanting free shit.

I think you’ll find any rebuttals in my original post so i’ll just refer you to that and let other people continue with this topic.

Excuse are you acussing me of being too wrong to continue this topic?

Seriously, so far you this topic I have been told to STFU and I now I am being accused of being stupid.

It's same old suspects doing this too.dry.gif

Sorry, but I am just saying what a lot of other people have been saying in this topic.unsure.gif

Edited by BW199148

Gang firebombs city police station

N0296041312926144213A.jpg

http://www.expressandstar.com/uk/uk-news/2011/08/09/gang-firebombs-city-police-station/

Absolutely disgusting.

Wolverhampton riots: Police makes arrests

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2011/08/09/wolverhampton-riots-police-makes-arrests/

That's great to hear :D

Here are a couple more videos from Wolverhampton:

Riots spread north as capital cools

http://www.expressandstar.com/uk/uk-news/2011/08/09/riots-spread-north-as-capital-cools/

Not a single mention of Salfrd. Tuttut. Then again, I think our police are in Manchester... not Salford.