Awoo.

Riots Spread Across the United Kingdom

Glenn

What the fuck!?

Since the people in Egypt and Iran are living under a dictatorship, they're fighting for a change in government so they might actually have a chance to live without being considered to have 'disobeyed.'

The people on the streets of the UK are rioting because they fancy a 3D TV and a new pair of trainers!

How the fuck did we get that comparison! "Dear president of Iran, will you please leave office kind regards your people" I suspect his reply will be "... ... .... No."

Will people stop reading my post OUT OF CONTEXT on this forum, and by people I mean you Hogfather since you're always the number one culprit. Go back and ready my original post. Reading one paragraph in a book doesn't tell you anything about the plot.

I am NOT comparing these riots to those which took place in the Arab countries, I am merely stating that when faced with a crises rioting is a natural human response, because often people feel that they are doing something about the problem rather than sitting on their arse and letting it happen.

All we need are a few policemen to say "Now's my cue to come from nowhere with a shotgun, and blow the FUCK out of you!", and it's done.

Guns. Why do people never use god-damned guns?

article-2023554-0D58092100000578-48_964x554.jpg

Looting the store you work at...is there any higher level of fail?

I LOL'd. biggrin.gif

Looks like.... She landed on the..... Jail side of the board! cool.gif

csi_miami_yeah.jpg

[image]

Wow... That's just... There are no words XD

Looks like she was looted...

*puts on sunglasses*

...out of a job.

YEEEEEEEE-no wait that was terrible.

• Thumbs Up 1

All we need are a few policemen to say "Now's my cue to come from nowhere with a shotgun, and blow the FUCK out of you!", and it's done.

Guns. Why do people never use god-damned guns?

Maybe because if we use guns they would get hold of and use guns? huh.gif

and by people I mean you Hogfather since you're always the number one culprit

I read that like this...

*Stands on a box... puts on a big booming western movie voice*

Owww marvelous, I've always wanted to be the number 1 culprit I guess that makes BW, Dark Overloard and Tornado my heavies then eh?

So I guess that this lady in the picture below is genually living in disallusionment of the government I'll then retract my whole statment. Yet somehow sitting on that TV I doubt very much she thought "The only way I can show how angry I am at my government is to nick this telly!"

I actually feel sorry for the dude in the top right of the photo... not only did he rob Currys and get caught... he's had his picture taken with a bollard sticking up his arse.

• Thumbs Up 7

Do you have the link to the news post with that image? My wife wants the link for Facebook.

Do you have the link to the news post with that image? My wife wants the link for Facebook.

There is so much about that photo which is... well... I'll just point it out.

* Does the woman work for currys? Or did she just nick the jacket along with the telly/pc/whatever it is?

* The man with a bollard up his arse.

* Why is there a halfords bike shop crate in the foreground... with a severed zombies hand/Thing from the Adams Family sitting on top of it?

* Why do does the policeman with the girl and the one on the left of the picture look exactly the same?

* And why is it that they both look like Rodney from Only Fools and Horses?

* Why does the policeman who is standing near the girl have a rather... stiffy... outline on his crotch..?

• Thumbs Up 2

There is so much about that photo which is... well... I'll just point it out.

* Does the woman work for currys? Or did she just nick the jacket along with the telly/pc/whatever it is?

* The man with a bollard up his arse.

* Why is there a halfords bike shop crate in the foreground... with a severed zombies hand/Thing from the Adams Family sitting on top of it?

* Why do does the policeman with the girl and the one on the left of the picture look exactly the same?

* And why is it that they both look like Rodney from Only Fools and Horses?

* Why does the policeman who is standing near the girl have a rather... stiffy... outline on his crotch..?

She looks a bit too tarty to be a Curry's empolyee otherwise they really have let their standards slip up! blink.gif

I've had no luck finding it myself I'm afraid, just saw the image posted somewhere and laughed. :lol:

Good news:

80 people arrested in West Mids so far.

http://twitter.com/#!/SkyNewsBreak/status/101057404246036480

Bad news:

Riots have kicked off in Liverpool again.

http://twitter.com/#...072966942588928

A firearm has been discharged at a police officer in Aston, Birmingham. The police are trying to find the person with the firearm.

http://twitter.com/#...070617830375424

I've had no luck finding it myself I'm afraid, just saw the image posted somewhere and laughed. laugh.gif

Thanks anyway smile.gif

Norwich update: According to police there's been one arrest for someone urinating on a war memorial statue and one shop has had some minor damage done to it but nothing severe. The group has now left and everything is peaceful. Huzzah!

So I've been told by close friend over Skype that people are gathering at Tescos in Gorton not sure if that is Communitys getting together or stupid mindless Chavs finding a stupid reason to riot =/.

So I heard something about a bunch of Sikhs, pretty cool guys who are allowed to carry around swords, defending Britain via chopping off rioters heads.

Any further details or confirmation on this?

So I heard something about a bunch of Sikhs, pretty cool guys who are allowed to carry around swords, defending Britain via chopping off rioters heads.

• Thumbs Up 3

There were groups Turkish store owners banding together and scaring looters away with big knives, but that's quite a bit different of a story than the one you seem to have heard.

Sikhs are not allowed to carry swords. Who the hell gives you your information?

Ahem

They're allowed to carry a ceremonial sword as per the requirements of their religion: Kirpan (curved sword, comes in different sizes, for example in the UK Sikhs would wear a small sharp dagger whereas in the Punjab Sikhs would wear the traditional curved sword, from one to three feet in length.)

No offence Patticus. Look it up before blindly claiming they're not allowed. Admittedly, they AREN'T murdering people, that would rather be against their religion.

The manchester report: ALL IS QUIET, it seems GMPolice had it all safe by 2AM BST =3

And this is so satisfying to watch <3

Ahem

They're allowed to carry a ceremonial sword as per the requirements of their religion: Kirpan (curved sword, comes in different sizes, for example in the UK Sikhs would wear a small sharp dagger whereas in the Punjab Sikhs would wear the traditional curved sword, from one to three feet in length.)

No offence Patticus. Look it up before blindly claiming they're not allowed. Admittedly, they AREN'T murdering people, that would rather be against their religion.

Maybe he should've specified that the swords were ceremonial instead of making it sound like they were carrying any old heavy sword they could lay their hands on, hmm? Nobody's allowed to carry swords in this day and age, and you'd be very hard pressed to find any religion present in the west that demands it, so it's hardly bloody unreasonable that one wouldn't think they'd have them now is it? Christ...

Maybe he should've specified that the swords were ceremonial instead of making it sound like they were carrying any old heavy sword they could lay their hands on, hmm? Nobody's allowed to carry swords in this day and age, and you'd be very hard pressed to find any religion present in the west that demands it, so it's hardly bloody unreasonable that one wouldn't think they'd have them now is it? Christ...

Well. They do carry said dagger around with them... But the fact is, what he said was more, well, not unreasonable, but outright outlandish.

Edited by DarkOverord

Regardless of whatever reasons for whatever type of blade being carried around by whatever cultural denomination, the idea of unauthorised civilians taking weapons on to the streets to combat criminals should be deeply discouraged. Not just as a general rule, but particularly in times of crisis. All they'll do is make the monumental job of the police twice as difficult, and make the streets twice as dangerous.

I'm as angry with these thugs and looters as the next guy, but none deserve to die. That's what makes us better than them.

I believe three people were killed in a hit and run in Birmingham because of the riots? sad.gif

Yes. It's believed the 3 fatalities were actually trying to protect their community.

Yeah, here's the article:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8693095/Birmingham-riots-three-men-killed-protecting-homes.html

Bloody brilliant. I just knew these people were going to get hurt or killed trying to protect their cities themselves. I hope this stops the rioters. People need to stay indoors when there riots are happening. It's admirable that they care so much, but it's not worth risking your lives for.