Awoo.

Sonic Generations: GameWorld (IgroMir) and ComicCon /PAX, GamesCom, TGS, and GAMEfest/ Special Topic [ARCHIVE]

Woun

Yeah celebrating his anniversary or not, they didn't really have to bring back the 2D gameplay.

I think what Scar means is that after 12 years we still don't have the definitive 3D Sonic title. 3D Sonic needs serious work and the focus on 2D/2.5D is only delaying the process of Sonic Team figuring out what to do when Unleashed gameplay doesn't have a second gameplay style tacked on. I strongly agree with him. I think thats what he's saying anyways.

Edited by Classic EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 2

EDIT: BTW, how are you able to post the pictures up directly?...

You use image tags, exactly the way you've done it in your sig.

[IMG]*link goes here*[/IMG]

You use image tags, exactly the way you've done it in your sig.

[IMG]*link goes here*[/IMG]

Actually I just copied & pasted those in my sig... It doesn't work for actual post for some reason though. I'll fix my post now...

Checked the PAX website, and it's going on RIGHT NOW! I don't know if we'll be getting any news right away though guys...

*waits for news about the 3DS version*

Watch the remaining levels turn out to be Wave Ocean, Windmill Isle, and Tropical Resort.

Dimpsing it up, one zone at a time.

• Thumbs Up 6

Watch the remaining levels turn out to be Wave Ocean, Windmill Isle, and Tropical Resort.

Dimpsing it up, one zone at a time.

I still think its Neo Green Hill, which would make the remaining zones: Leaf Forest, Sunset Hill, and Leaf Storm.

Are you kidding me?! A game being fun is what matters. It being with 2D gameplay or 3D gameplay doesn't.

I think what Scar means is that after 12 years we still don't have the definitive 3D Sonic title. 3D Sonic needs serious work and the focus on 2D/2.5D is only delaying the process of Sonic Team figuring out what to do when Unleashed gameplay doesn't have a second gameplay style tacked on. I strongly agree with him. I think thats what he's saying anyways.

Yes thank you, that was what I was trying to say.

Bringing back 2D gameplay is only a temporary solution to a much bigger problem. Yes, 2D gameplay is making Sonic respectable again, but that doesn't change the fact that it diverts money and staff away from the enormous burden of making a resoundingly excellent 3D Sonic game. The MegaDrive games were the best Sonic has ever been. That will not change. They were the peak of the 2D mountain. Instead of trying to go back to the top of that mountain, we should set our sights on the Mountain that is 3D Sonic. Its a difficult one to climb, harder than the 2D one, but it needs to be tackled.

If they're going to make a game, they need their attention set on one or the other.

I don't mind them making a 2D game, just as its the only thing they're doing, that way they would have a better chance of getting it right. Same is true of 3D. If it is 3D, that is the only thing the team should concern themselves with.

This pointless duality, as I have mentioned, is useless, and its halting Sonic's progression.

• Thumbs Up 5

I still think its Neo Green Hill, which would make the remaining zones: Leaf Forest, Sunset Hill, and Leaf Storm.

In all sincerity, the 3DS title is probably referencing the biggest Sonic titles on a Nintendo console, besides the original trilogy. Sonic Adventure DX and Sonic Adventure 2: Battle were smash hits on the console, being some of the Gamecube's best sellers. Thus, I believe the 3DS version isn't focusing entirely on the handheld history, but rather the Nintendo portion of Sonic's history. So the game list could be the original trilogy, the 2 Adventure games, Sonic Rush and Sonic Colors, as those are some of the biggest Nintendo Sonic titles of all time.

I think the level is indeed Emerald Coast based on this philosophy. Though I gotta say, anything's possible with the 3DS version of the game at this point.

Edited by Classic EXshad

Yes thank you, that was what I was trying to say.

Bringing back 2D gameplay is only a temporary solution to a much bigger problem. Yes, 2D gameplay is making Sonic respectable again, but that doesn't change the fact that it diverts money and staff away from the enormous burden of making a resoundingly excellent 3D Sonic game. The MegaDrive games were the best Sonic has ever been. That will not change. They were the peak of the 2D mountain. Instead of trying to go back to the top of that mountain, we should set our sights on the Mountain that is 3D Sonic. Its a difficult one to climb, harder than the 2D one, but it needs to be tackled.

If they're going to make a game, they need their attention set on one or the other.

I don't mind them making a 2D game, just as its the only thing they're doing, that way they would have a better chance of getting it right. Same is true of 3D. If it is 3D, that is the only thing the team should concern themselves with.

This pointless duality, as I have mentioned, is useless, and its halting Sonic's progression.

Honestly, I thought we were pretty close with Sonic/Shadow's Adventure 2 gameplay (Also Tails & Amy, although she needs to be faster a bit, were good in Adventure 1)... But Iizuka hasn't even bothered with that style again after Sonic 06... :/

Honestly, I thought we were pretty close with Sonic/Shadow's Adventure 2 gameplay (Also Tails & Amy, although she needs to be faster a bit, were good in Adventure 1)... But Iizuka hasn't even bothered with that style again after Sonic 06... :/

That's maybe because Sonic 06 sucked so much that Sonic Team is scared to go back to that gameplay. Sonic Unleashed got bashed but people liked the daytime levels so they later made two more main series games based on the Unleashed gameplay. If people bash on Modern Sonic gameplay in Generations then they might change his gameplay style again in the next game. I think they should go back to the gameplay Sonic had in the SA games personally if they're running out of ideas.

Edited by sonfan1984

Honestly I like that it switches between the two. Mario Galaxy does it too. I'd rather have the game switch from 2D to 3D than just having one or the other.

Honestly I like that it switches between the two. Mario Galaxy does it too. I'd rather have the game switch from 2D to 3D than just having one or the other.

Agreed. They should use the Sonic Adventure style, and mix in the classic style in 2D sections... That'd be VERY nice! :D

to be honest I don't see why the games being in 3D/2D is such a fucking BIG DEAL! Why is Sonic the only franchise that isn't allowed to do anything?

You can't do anything, so don't even try.

Get some help.

Don't do what Sonic does.

Sonic, dead or alive, is mine.

• Thumbs Up 9

to be honest I don't see why the games being in 3D/2D is such a fucking BIG DEAL! Why is Sonic the only franchise that isn't allowed to do anything?

Because it's Sonic, and any other similarity to any game classifies it as a ripoff... It's completely stupid...

Even then who says rip-offs can't be better than the original... Take All-Stars Racing for example...

• Thumbs Up 1

...Bam. Everyone's happy.

I'm sorry friend, but as much as that seems like an improvement, I really think they should just get rid of the boosting, and bring back the spindash...

I'm not saying that I wouldn't be alright, I'm just saying that this was/would be MUCH better than boosting...

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm sorry friend, but as much as that seems like an improvement, I really think they should just get rid of the boosting, and bring back the spindash...

I'm not saying that I wouldn't be alright, I'm just saying that this was/would be MUCH better than boosting...

Sorry, but the boost isn't going anywhere. Can you imagine the critics? "BAWWW they made Sonic slower. BAWWW game doesn't play itself. BAWWW enemies hurt Sonic. 2/10."

• Thumbs Up 1