Awoo.

Sonic Generations: GameWorld (IgroMir) and ComicCon /PAX, GamesCom, TGS, and GAMEfest/ Special Topic [ARCHIVE]

Woun

Looks like someone found the game's hard mode - according to Ruby at least. tongue.png Apparently that happens when the system overheats?

Edited by Mykonos

Looks like someone found the game's hard mode - according to Ruby at least. tongue.png Apparently that happens when the system overheats?

Seriosuly?!

Now that's a problem. I don't want to play the game only with white background. :P

Well if White World and the restore area code in the games coding, it may actually be like that the first time you play the level

though I do want to see footage of this

Edited by Cero

If you over analyze almost any footage from an early built of a game, you are bound to find something that you THINK is a glitch. Just so you can tell yourself it's a glitch. Although, there are quite a number of glitches in some of these Generations demos, I watched plenty of videos that were glitch free.

Sooo, just how many people are looking forward to the UK GAMEfest coming up, i'm wondring if they'll have the 3DS version to try (most likely) but i'd like the chance to play the modern GHZ and City escape

Edited by TaliTundie

Uh when is TGS?

And I think I'm ready to see something more than GHZ.

apparently its September 15-18th

you do know that city escape is now publicly playable at these events (PAX and Gamescon)

Uh when is TGS?

And I think I'm ready to see something more than GHZ.

TGS is September 15-18

EDIT:OOPS I guess I've been ninja'd

Edited by CapBusta

The level losing all its color seems a bit weird. Maybe when you first play the game, the level starts off with barely any color, and will only gain all the colors after the first play-through? If that's the case, that could probably be the reason as to why this is happening. If not, then that's a pretty random glitch.

I seriously doubt they would make us play that gorgeous game with no color on our first playthrough. Maybe at the beginning of the level you see color pour into the environment, or maybe it really was just a glitch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckgJ_fdxpgg

I don't know if someone has mentioned this but @2:16 (If I understood it right)he said that the 'jump' is a bit delayed like in Colours.
With a tap on the jump-button Sonic makes an, he called it, "Quick Step". -> Sonic makes a small jump.

I don't really like the jump at Colous. Let's see how it will be at Generations. =/

I actually know that this Video was up on this Thread. I was reading a lot of pages after that Video was posted...

But I didn't read anything about that "Quick Step" and the Jump-delay.

Maybe I missed it. Didn't read every single page.

Actually, I found the only problem with Colours' jump was the fact that once you jumped you had very little control of yourself in mid air, and even this was remedied somewhat by the light double jump. Still, it definitely could have been better. I thoroughly enjoyed Colours though

Funny thing is I could actually hear most of the song this time. I wet myself a little.

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually, I found the only problem with Colours' jump was the fact that once you jumped you had very little control of yourself in mid air, and even this was remedied somewhat by the light double jump. Still, it definitely could have been better. I thoroughly enjoyed Colours though

Has this been posted yet?

http://www.3dsbuzz.c...hands-on-video/

It's hard to detirmine how something works or feels by just taking it from videos. But for me it was clear ever since the mushroom hill videos. It's C&P of green hill zone act 1 yeah, but i'm really impressed with how close they nailed the physics. Probably the closest an official product has gotten ever since the advance games. This makes me rather optomistic for episode 2

Edited by Jaouad

I actually know that this Video was up on this Thread. I was reading a lot of pages after that Video was posted...

But I didn't read anything about that "Quick Step" and the Jump-delay.

Maybe I missed it. Didn't read every single page.

"Quick Step" is the name of that Dash you use to maneuver from side to side while running, not the Jump. You're thinking of "Quick Jump". It was used in both versions of Unleashed as well. It's primary function is to quickly jump over obstacles that can cause Sonic to trip and potentially hit a trap.

Edited by Spider-Man Noir

Quick jump? I thought it was called short jump. Or maybe my mind is still stuck on Smash bros mode.

I never understood why they needed to define a separate sort of jump for that. I mean, it's just a small jump. Why set up a separate non-spinning jump when you could just have the player make small jumps?

I never understood why they needed to define a separate sort of jump for that. I mean, it's just a small jump. Why set up a separate non-spinning jump when you could just have the player make small jumps?

Either...

1- It stops the player just hopping into enemies to kill them. (Of course, what's then point of this when you're probably just boosting anyway?)

2- It looks cool.

Most likely the latter. There's no reason it shouldn't damage them though. Sonic needs more interesting animations like that.

Short jump? Yeah it does serve a pretty big purpose, especially in speedruns. Why jump 10ft in the air to dodge a small rock when you can just SH (short jump) it, mainly when you are trying to beat a record you or your homie set? I think it's main purpose is to help keep the game moving at a faster speed. Instead of slowing the game down to jump over an obstacle, just SH it.You don't loose speed (much speed) and at times it can speed you up depending on if you know when and where to use it.

I suppose it works well for keeping your speed up, but I can never quite get the time down to use it properly.. ¬_¬

Quick jump? I thought it was called short jump. Or maybe my mind is still stuck on Smash bros mode.

Yeah, it's called "Quick Jump" in the Unleashed PS2 manual. Just sayin'.

Quick Jump/Spin Attack

Tap the X button for a short, quick jump. Press the X button longer for Spin Attack, allowing Sonic to jump higher.

Personally, I think it's kinda neat and I like how you're not forced to use it.

Edited by Spider-Man Noir

I think it's a neat asset. Why do a full spinning jump when i can do a quick jump and keep going. It looks cool too and keeps the flow going.