Awoo.

Sonic Generations: GameWorld (IgroMir) and ComicCon /PAX, GamesCom, TGS, and GAMEfest/ Special Topic [ARCHIVE]

Woun

Somersaults and all the other moves from Advance were soooo pointless.

Edited by Indigo Rush

I'm sorry, but the Spamdash is awesome. I do not hold stopping, pressing down, and button mashing on any sort of pedestal.

• Thumbs Up 1

The spamdash doesn't bother me in the slightest. I see it as a nice new option to use if you want.

actually I like the inclusion of the spamdash. I like it when doing speedruns. Definitely better than stopping holding down and then charging when i do speed runs. although i'm fine with that as well. Plus I just like in general the way you can use the spamdash. I loved it in adventure and i love it here.

Can we please get back to the habit of using food puns?

I mean, dang. tongue.gif

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mann.. sometimes I wish I lived in Europe, Sonic is much more loved there tongue.gif

Sonic is the most popular character in Europe! biggrin.gif

Edited by KrazyBean14

Nah, just the same amount of "depth" as having to come to a complete stop and hold down a button while mashing another.

....determine when and when it's best to use as environment may not always support going to a halt and sometimes it's maybe better to just roll or keep running forward (straight and upward).

Spamdash fixes all those issues.

Edited by Jaouad

Sonic is the most popular character in Europe! biggrin.gif

True, true. Oh man i wish i had money to go to Gamescom. Next time for sure. I won't miss it next year. That's a promise. ;)

....determine when and when it's best to use as environment may not always support going to a halt and sometimes it's maybe better to just roll or keep running forward (straight and upward).

The only difference is that the spamdash is quicker to activate. And when has there ever been a situation where stopping is impractical? On a collapsing bridge? You can Spamdash on that though either, because activating forces you to stop on the spot and charge for a short while.

The only difference is that the spamdash is quicker to activate. And when has there ever been a situation where stopping is impractical? On a collapsing bridge? You can't Spamdash on that though either, because activating forces you to stop on the spot and charge for a short while.

No, it just doesn't force you to stop. There's no "depth" being taken away. Stop exaggerating.

In the long run it does. It replaces the way you win seconds within a situation in any speedrun by JUST knowing when to use the spamdash well at the right spots and moments. Theres no determining where to roll or having to go to a halt to activate the spindash, Theres no deciding to just keep running because the spamdash is obviously better than all those things.

Spindashing was not a wise decision on a plains where the surface was straight flat for a long time or eventually went upward. Also at high ramps you couldn't make it by just running. Even if you don't have enough momentum to make it, all you have to be now is uncurled and press the spamdash button instead of the old way where you had to slide your way back to a flat surface first, halt and then spindash. The spamdash makes normal running practically useless unless there are botomless pits that compensate it's overpowerness. I mean of course it requires skill, but it does take away depth and for me doesn't make the spamdash a progression or an improvement in any way. It's going backwards and sorta takes away a core element that may seem a small detail, but the outcome is far more apparent in the speed runs.

The resulted gameplay of the spamdash doesn't make a run look badass and it certainly doesn't make the sonic generation speedrunner more bad ass than the classics speedrunner.

It depends on what you look for in a sonic game. I can perfectly understand it if a fan of the modern gameplay likes the spamdash as it's very similar to the boost move.

I can see how it could come off as exagurating as it doesn't have to be such a big issue. But what makes it so frustrating to me is how it didn't have to be changed. It wasn't flawed in the first place. This is where I start to think that it's just there to compensate for the lack of rolling "friction". I know there are people who like it, so beside me trying to make my point clear to you about why I prefer the original way, I am not mad about it or anything. I just don't support it is all. I think it'd be better if we just agreed to disagree if we don't see eye to eye.

I really wish that there could be one game, just one that would not mess around and change the mechanics(or improve it in subtle way). I think I should let go generations now and accept it for what it is, but if episode 2 won't be it either, I just don't think it's fair.

Edited by Jaouad

PAX starts today! biggrin.gif

Hopefully we can get some more gameplay videos and info on Sonic Generations. Same with Sonic CD.

After all this time, we still haven't heard Modern City Escape clearly. sad.gif

PAX starts today! biggrin.gif

Hopefully we can get some more gameplay videos and info on Sonic Generations. Same with Sonic CD.

After all this time, we still haven't heard Modern City Escape clearly. sad.gif

Yeah i'd like to hear that awesome guitar solo from Jun Senoue.

PAX is ALOT less crowded than Gamescom so we can get our hopes up. Unless SEGA will put Green Hill only again.

I really wish that there could be one game, just one that would not mess around and change the mechanics(or improve it in subtle way). I think I should let go generations now and accept it for what it is, but if episode 2 won't be it either, I just don't think it's fair.

No.....its perfectly fair.

Frankly I'm angry they even bothered to bring back the 2D gameplay in such a big way, in the first place. It does nothing to improve the 3D gameplay, which is the thing that matters in this day and age.

We're back! Brand New Iizuka interview!

Somebody needs to screen-cap Iizuka's face at the start. laugh.png

The woman interviewing seems extremely positive about Generations, which is great to hear. biggrin.png

Edited by Neon

It does nothing to improve the 3D gameplay, which is the thing that matters in this day and age.

Are you kidding me?! A game being fun is what matters. It being with 2D gameplay or 3D gameplay doesn't.

The woman interviewing seems extremely positive about Generations, which is great to hear. biggrin.png

HAHAHA

"OH SHIT FEMALE! MY BODY WAS NOT READY!"

I like the little time gap between the face and when he actually talks. Like he needed time to get his shit together.

I didn't know you could get a piercing there..

It does nothing to improve the 3D gameplay, which is the thing that matters in this day and age.

That's a mighty arrogant/stupid thing to say.

I think what Scar means is that after 12 years we still don't have the definitive 3D Sonic title. 3D Sonic needs serious work and the focus on 2D/2.5D is only delaying the process of Sonic Team figuring out what to do when Unleashed gameplay doesn't have a second gameplay style tacked on. I strongly agree with him. I think thats what he's saying anyways.