Awoo.

Sonic Generations: GameWorld (IgroMir) and ComicCon /PAX, GamesCom, TGS, and GAMEfest/ Special Topic [ARCHIVE]

Woun

Ha-ha. Recently read that the Xbox 360 is no longer sold in Japan. So what.

360 is still being sold in Japan, is just that some some (big) shops doesnt

You know I'm starting to think the reason most people hate sonic games, is because they suck at them.

"Press A button to jump over platforms? Well I guess I'd better spam the X button until something happens."

I mean really, he actually had trouble grabbing an extra life! He just spammed the boost button and then ran around drunk like jumping over the life until he grabbed it. I could understand if it was in mid air or something, but it was on the ground in plain sight! 1244451-sonic_facepalm_super.jpg

On a side note, Will I ever get to hear the modern version of City Escape in it's full glory?

Edited by Nintendoga

1. Is it me or screamed somebody in the background of this Video? oO

2. That player was terrible. :D

3. Did the Modern Music changed again?

Actually at least 3 people were playing modern City Escape an 2 Classic. So much ver. at once its hard to hear anything. But modern ver. still Rocks (Both Stage and Music)

On a side note, Will I ever get to hear the modern version of City Escape in it's full glory?

Edited by Neon

Haha I love how he turned to the camera and was like "Wow there's a skateboard in this game!" but when he turned around the GUN truck smashed down and broke the item box. He also seemed to genuinely like the game even though he wasn't the greatest player.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's annoying that we've had so many videos of City Escape and have still not been able to hear the full Modern City Escape. Yet we can hear Classic City Escape in just about every damn video. angry.png

We have HQ MP3 of Classic ver. from Jun performance at SOS. The only way we can hear Modern ver. before relase now is TGS press day (It will be calmer at convention but I doubt it since they will probably show Rooftop Run there) or if we find it in next demo (again doubt it since demo files point at Rooftop Run)

Edited by HUNTER297

In the comments he said the game was like Sonic Adventure. I mean, there are a few similarities but other than that... I don't see it.

Modern City Escape kind of... sucks. It's really short and limiting. You spend the first portion of the stage boarding and get a quite nice 3D area afterward. But then, you get a dull 2D section and 3D section which is nothing more than a staircase. The stage then finishes with an overly long chase sequence. The main 3D area is actually really quite good. The rest of the stage brings it all down.

• Thumbs Up 4

Modern City Escape kind of... sucks. It's really short and limiting. You spend the first portion of the stage boarding and get a quite nice 3D area afterward. But then, you get a dull 2D section and 3D section which is nothing more than a staircase. The stage then finishes with an overly long chase sequence. The main 3D area is actually really quite good. The rest of the stage brings it all down.

I was actually thinking the same thing and given that this is the 5th Stage in the and that actualy has me a bit concerned for the length of stages like

Chemical Plant, Sky Sanctuary, and Speed Highway

In the comments he said the game was like Sonic Adventure. I mean, there are a few similarities but other than that... I don't see it.

Didn't you hear the guy? This game is BEAST! That's good enough for me.

I was actually thinking the same thing and given that this is the 5th Stage in the and that actualy has me a bit concerned for the length of stages like

Chemical Plant, Sky Sanctuary, and Speed Highway

Oh good, so it's not just just my extreme pessimism shining through tongue.png But yeah, it's not a particularly interesting stage. I can forgive GHZ being bland as it's the first stage, but that's not the problem with CE. It's just too short and automatic. There's one really cool section, that unlike Unleashed and Colours, is open and gets you moving in all directions. And that's it sadly. Chemical Plant seems to be very similar to Green Hill, which isn't a good thing. Unleashed managed to keep things interesting with distinct 3D areas and long stages. Generations stages might end up being too short. Even the classic versions of CE and GHZ seems a bit short to be honest.

Edited by Blue Blood

We knew it was pretty short from the beginning.

Its about the same length as the original City Escape, which is probably why it feels really short. The original stage was an opening level, whereas in Generations, its obviously, going to be level 5. This presents a problem but......we'll see.

We knew it was pretty short from the beginning.

Its about the same length as the original City Escape, which is probably why it feels really short. The original stage was an opening level, whereas in Generations, its obviously, going to be level 5. This presents a problem but......we'll see.

The original stage has far more content in the way of less boarding and a much shorter chase. Why the Generations stage doesn't have much going on is really beyond me.

The original had more content?

Uh.. Not really. huh.png

There is far more to the main part of the stage in the original. The new one has too much boarding and chasing, along with a very short 'regular' section. Not that there's really any reason to compare it to the original though. They're different kinds of stages. Like comparing the Good Egg Galaxly to Bob-Bomb Battlefield.

Edited by Blue Blood

The original had more content?

Uh.. Not really. huh.png

Everyone bust out your city escape vids. We're gonna spend the next 5 pages comparing the old and new versions to see which is one emptier.

• Thumbs Up 5

There is far more to the main part of the stage in the original. The new one has too much boarding and chasing. Not that there's really any reason to compare it to the original though. They're different kinds of stages. Like comparing the Good Egg Galaxly to Bob-Bomb Battlefield.

It had less boarding and a shorter chase sequence. The part in the middle, the "main sequence" is longer, but all it really contains is some rails to grind on and more streets to run down. Yeah they are very different stages, based on the same mould, but I can't really agree that the original had more contentm when that content was basically just holding forward and jumping some ramps.

A lot of it is running down hallways. Something which isn't really considered gameplay in the Unleashed mold.

Edited by Scar
  • Thumbs Up 2

I've got to agree with Blue Blood and SpookyMulder. The original had more in the ways of normal Sonic gameplay, while the Generations stage has much less normal gameplay and too much boarding and chasing. It's very underwhelming. I know it's supposed to be different, but it's one of my favourite stages and I'd have really liked more of that part where he's in a park like area.

• Thumbs Up 1

It is short. I'll give you guys that. It needs to be much, much longer than that, if its supposed to be level 5 out of 9. In many ways, Chemical Plant looks like its going to be a larger/longer stage, and by all accounts, that's stage 2. I bloody well hope that they cut out a portion of the stage, because it feels like something sizeable is missing.

Either that, or I hope they had another decent 3D section into the stage.

That simply cannot be level 5....

EDIT:

Hacing rewatched SA2's City Escape and Generations City Escape, I can agree, that the regular running/jumping gameplay is Shorter in Generations, or is, at least replaced with a 2D section. However, the bulk of the regular gameplay in the original is mainly running down a narrow corridor and occasionally pressing the jump button at the right time to jump over ramps....There is actually more platforming and open space in the Generations version...

Edited by Scar

It's funny because I remember how we all (including me) reacted when we first saw gameplay of City Escape. It looked pretty damn awesome. But I think that's the problem with the level design for Modern Sonic in this game and Unleashed. The levels have a lot of sections designed for the wow factor, rather than something fun you would want to play again and again.

If you play the stage normal it's about 3:45 long.

Actually pretty normal for an Act.

Empire City at Unleashed for example was the 4th Stage I guess. It has the same length if not shorter.

You guys do like that Sonic is ruined for ever just because of that.

If you play the stage normal it's about 3:45 long.

Actually pretty normal for an Act.

Empire City at Unleashed for example was the 4th Stage I guess. It has the same length if not shorter.

You guys do like that Sonic is ruined for ever just because of that.

The 5th stage in Unleashed was Dragon Road Day, but the difficulty was more sporadic due to the random insertion of the Werehog