Awoo.

Sonic Generations: GameWorld (IgroMir) and ComicCon /PAX, GamesCom, TGS, and GAMEfest/ Special Topic [ARCHIVE]

Woun

@Krazybean14, hey atleast you can throw this video in his face. I'm sure that'll raise one or two interesting responses.

Funny, because I just did! laugh.gif

Funny, because I just did! laugh.gif

I saw. If there was ever a time to use an objection gif. that would've been it.

Did anyone notice the frame rate issues in the new bits of chemical plant?

• Thumbs Up 1

Did anyone notice the frame rate issues in the new bits of chemical plant?

Yeah I noticed that, too. sad.gif I forgot to say that, before.

if its the ps3 version would installing the game on the hdd help fix the problems?

I don't think that'd help, Sonic games (including the Hedgehog Engine) load everything in the level all at once I think, so loading wouldn't be the problem in the first place, and (I think) that's the only thing downloading helps...

At least I assume all this. I'm not totally sure, and even then I don't know if they're going to do downloading. I do hope they fix this though... Especially for the PS3, since I don't have a 360... (I assume the same for you?)

I don't think that'd help, Sonic games (including the Hedgehog Engine) load everything in the level all at once I think, so loading wouldn't be the problem in the first place, and (I think) that's the only thing downloading helps...

At least I assume all this. I'm not totally sure, and even then I don't know if they're going to do downloading. I do hope they fix this though... Especially for the PS3, since I don't have a 360... (I assume the same for you?)

Actuall both platforms will have problems. While PS3 lacks in RAM it has Cell wchich is a lot more powerfull than X360.

While X360 has more RAM.

So static graphics would be better on X360 but for example while speeding graphics would be better on PS3. Freemate is fixable it shouldnt be problem.

Yeah I dont have a 360, just a ps3 and a wii. but when i installed tekken 6 i noticed a difference other then just shorter load time, it ran smoother, and didnt have the framrate problems in the two areas i noticed them in. it might have just been my ps3 though.

I just dont want it to end up with the problems unleashed has on the ps3, like empier city's hub world, its so choppy.

if its the ps3 version would installing the game on the hdd help fix the problems?

I have a 360, and I'm installing Sonic Generations...the loading times are way shorter and it just performs better (I installed Unleashed and these two things happened so I presume it'll happen to Generations as well)

So the spamdash is still in?

Awesome, I was worried they had taken it out.

OMG, you're like the ONLY one who's happy about the spamdash...I'm joining you (I love the spamdash).

Edited by KrazyBean14

I have a 360, and I'm installing Sonic Generations...the loading times are way shorter and it just performs better (I installed Unleashed and these two things happened so I presume it'll happen to Generations as well)

OMG, you're like the ONLY one who's happy about the spamdash...I'm joining you (I love the spamdash).

He's not the only one. ;)

I like the spamdash for 2 reasons.

Speedruns, quick access and that it is optional makes ti even better.

So which video is this?

Anyone here download it? Care to share something?

i'm downloading it right now(from the eu store). i bet it's the montage released on the web like a month ago or something.

EDIT:

It's this one:

Edited by Michael Myers

i'm downloading it right now(from the eu store). i bet it's the montage released on the web like a month ago or something.

EDIT:

It's this one:

Oh...i see. Thanks for the heads up. ;)

EDIT:

It's this one:

Figures. I would have noticed if it were already on the 360. I constantly check out any new videos on Generations on my 360. laugh.gif

The spamdash adds so much depth

Nah, just the same amount of "depth" as having to come to a complete stop and hold down a button while mashing another.

I'd like the spam dash to be gotten rid of really, but I'm not to bothered. They just need to make it less spammable- prevent it from being used on steep slopes/walls and increase the charge-time.

Tapping the "Spin Attack" button while at a standstill or moving slowly should result in a somersault.

Tapping it rapidly when standing still should result in a somersault combo, ala Sonic Advance.

Tapping it when you're running should result in toggling a roll.

Holding it when you're running should also result in toggling a roll.

Tapping it rapidly when you're already rolling should result in a short little dash forward.

Holding it when standing still should result in charging a Spindash.

If I was designing this sucker... no one would have complaints. 1001 things to do with one button.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 2

Tapping the "Spin Attack" button while at a standstill or moving slowly should result in a somersault. Pointless

Tapping it rapidly when standing still should result in a somersault combo, ala Sonic Advance. Pointless

Tapping it when you're running should result in toggling a roll. Agreed

Holding it when you're running should also result in toggling a roll. Agreed

Tapping it rapidly when you're already rolling should result in a short little dash forward. Pointless

Holding it when standing still should result in charging a Spindash. Agreed

If I was designing this sucker... no one would have complaints. 1001 things to do with one button. No

Somersaults and all the other moves from Advance were soooo pointless. One's just a slow roll, and the other is a fancy roll. They do bugger all. And being able to toggle rolling on and off, ala SA1 makes it's 10 times more spammable.

Also, you map as few moves to a button as possible. I'm sure nobody appreciated bouncing instead of lightdashing, or battering a Chao to death instead of petting it.

Can't tell how much of that is sarcasm, btw.tongue.gif 'cept I'm sure that the last comment is.

Edited by Blue Blood