Awoo.

Sonic Generations: GameWorld (IgroMir) and ComicCon /PAX, GamesCom, TGS, and GAMEfest/ Special Topic [ARCHIVE]

Woun

Then bring back the spindash to replace that stupid slide, and make the boost a power-up.

... Bam. Is everyone happy now? :<

nope caused you changed what "I" like so BAAAAAWWW!!!

The modern gameplay only needs further tweaking as needed for whatever game is next.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think it goes something like this:

"It's Sonic BAWWWWW!!!!" xD

Seriously. the perfect deal for me will be. Keep this style of gameplay, make the spindash available again, keep the boost, focus a little more on 3D sections, don't throw any new gameplay elements just Sonic the Hedgehog(coming from a guy that liked Werehog)

And if you start bringing Sonic friends in the picture THEN BY ALL MEANS LET THEM PLAY AS IN SONIC 2 & 3.

• Thumbs Up 6

Great thing about Modern Gameplay is that it hasn't peaked yet, but each game that features its play style since Unleashed has improved over the last outing.

Its also easy to customize with gimmicks as well.

As long as Modern Style gameplay keeps showing improvements from a gameplay standpoint...and doesn't go backward, I have no qualms at all with it because I understand that Sonic3&K did not happen on old Sonic Team's first try. When Modern Sonic finally gets to the point where Sonic 3&K was in terms of Sonic Team perfecting their gameplay...that's when I will start worrying.

Once you reach greatness there no where else to go, but its very easy to go down rather than to maintain.

Edited by Voyant
  • Thumbs Up 4

What I expect from TGS:

-Main theme reveal since Jun will perform on SEGA conference (hopefully Johny will be there too)

-New trailer with

Shadow and Silver teas at the end like screen fades away and then we see them in darkness and then we hear and see green glow of psychokinesis and chaos spear shooting.

Oh and new stage(s) reveal hopefully Crisis City and/or Sky Sanctuary

-Playable Rooftop Run so we can have videos

-Demo annoucment either Rooftop Run (hinted by leak) or City Escape.

Pretty nice interview. Most important info we have from it is that stage progression will ge linear/chronological.

I am sad he didnt ask if both Sonics will fight bosses. I think she would comment on it.

Epic, he used 3 of my four questions biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

And that girl didn't seem as high-up as Patrick Riley, Aaron Webber, or some of those representatives. I really don't think she was as well-informed as those guys. Still, we DID learn that the game will feature a more-linear progression for the game in terms of level selection, and honestly, I think that makes perfect sense, so there's no continuity errors will a level from a later game appearing before a level from a game that came before it, for example. In a sense, it allows you to play through the abridged history of the franchise in the intended order. Depending on how they pull it off, I think it could be great.

However, like Unleashed, what I foresee happening is, while the levels in that game were also unlocked chronologically, in many cases, a lot of new content will appear in previously unlocked levels alongside these new zones, to keep you coming back to the areas you may have thought you already cleared. I hope stuff like that happens in the game.

Anyhow, it was cool to hear our questions, and it did sound like she did her best. Plus, like I said, she DID reveal one new piece of news. So thanks, interviewer-guy biggrin.png

Edited by Classic EXshad

You are welcome. I'll try to see if I can pry anything else out of them today. Also, since it seemed to be a general theme that they didn't know/couldn't talk about stuff that hasn't been announced, I actually doubt she would have answered if both Sonic's will fight the bosses. After all, she didn't seem to know anything about Rooftop Run and Seaside hill, despite Sega revealing those stages already- she basically only seemed to know about what was in the demo.

Then bring back the spindash to replace that stupid slide, and make the boost a power-up.

... Bam. Is everyone happy now? :<

Well i don't really blame them for not saying much. The leak told a LOT of things. Anyway...everything that comes our way makes me more excited. ;)

Thanks a lot Shade.

Nope. I figured more footage would be pointless- it's the same build as the last convention the game was at (Gamescom/gamescon? Whichever it was). I couldn't get any solid information on the game. Sorry guys.

Alright just had to be sure i can skip this. gotta stay on top of these since i'm media archiving this game...

Now if you'll excuse me i'll go back to drooling on halofest media...

• Thumbs Up 1

Brand New City Escape gameplay:

The quality may be bad, but the player was great.

On Modern City Escape:

The alternate paths in this level are quite tough to take without prior experience but I assure you. City Escape was a "TON" of pathways. It may take well up to 5 playthroughs to find them all. Before the end of PAX. I will find them all.

That's great to hear. biggrin.png

Edited by Neon
  • Thumbs Up 5

Brand New City Escape gameplay:

The quality may be bad, but the player was great.

On Modern City Escape:

That's great to hear. biggrin.png

Completely off topic but is it bad that I spent less time looking at the gameplay and more time staring at that dude's hair? Seriously, his hair is a mess o_o I've got nothing wrong with guys with long hair (heck I myself have pretty long hair) but at least keep it looking decent?

However, when I was looking at the game, it was pretty decent. Very difficult to see, but the player was decent definitely. And I'm very glad that there are plenty of alternate routes.

What's that supposed to mean? tongue.png

...Kind of...

From the guy playing:

They originally had Green Hill and City Escape but Green Hill exploded upon itself while I was playing so they left just City Escape playable.

Basically, Green Hill started getting these annoying white streaks before the level lost all its color, leaving Sonic the only colored object in the level. In fact, the level looked just like the original announcement trailer... (How odd...)

....Huh?

That.... Suuuuuspiiicioooous.