Awoo.

Sonic Generations: GameWorld (IgroMir) and ComicCon /PAX, GamesCom, TGS, and GAMEfest/ Special Topic [ARCHIVE]

Woun

Is it possible the stage has been shortened for the demo? Just an overly optimistic thought.

Possible, but bloody unlikely.

They've never shortened a stage for demo purposes before, so they're unlikely to do it here.

Is it possible the stage has been shortened for the demo? Just an overly optimistic thought.

Very unlikely. The start and end of City Escape are very clear, and no developer would cut a chunk of a stage out for a demo. All you'll ever get is something like in '06 where you could only play one segment of Kingdom Valley in some demos. That was cause the stage was separated, essentially, into four smaller levels. People said the the Colours stages were just shortened for the demo, when they very clearly weren't.

Edited by Blue Blood

I don't think so...

So i saw a video of original City Escape and one of Generations. My verdict: Both stages are pretty much the same in length.

Original City Escape:

Time to finish the stage 2:59:34 - Normal run and losing a life.

Generations City Escape:

Time to finish the stage 2:25:85 - Speedrunning the stage.

Main things that changed:

Sonic's running down section in original became boarding and truck chasing in Gen.

The grinding section in the narrow corridors it became 2D platforming.

The park section is still there but it became flat in Gen.

And let me add that in Generations we get another act. Classic Sonic's act. Meaning another 3 minutes. We got to see the whole picture here.

The 5th stage in Unleashed was Dragon Road Day, but the difficulty was more sporadic due to the random insertion of the Werehog

I actually don't care about the difficulty. My main point is fun.

And I have to admit that I don't like Dragon Road. tongue.png

And don't forget Classic Sonic. His Act won't be that easy.

Edit: I got ninja'd x_x... Had problems to post this for some reason.

Edited by Poise

So now City Escape is ruined forever? YAY!

No seriously, sometimes we go from 'yay' to 'baw' in a blink of an eyewacko.png

No, the people who are excited all have their super-happy chats while the more cautious among us reserve judgement until we've seen more. I just try not to ignore problems. City Escape really excited me at first, but I kept quiet about certain factors until I was sure. Unlike with GHZ which was obviously Straight Line Zone form the start.

Edited by Blue Blood

So now City Escape is ruined forever? YAY!

No seriously, sometimes we go from 'yay' to 'baw' in a blink of an eyewacko.png

Sometimes? I remember when people first saw this stage and were excited now it's too short. It's like no one has a stable opinion for more than a day.

Hey uh aren't you guys forgetting that there's multiple acts to levels? Maybe the other acts will be longer?

Also just how do we know this is Level 5? Has there been any confirmation that the levels are going in chronological order, or are we just assuming that?

Edited by Nintendoga

Actually it was just a single person who begun that, a second person dislike this and suddenly everyone dislike that. rolleyes.gif

Oh shut up. One person expressed a differing opinion that a few other people happen to share. It's absolutely not necessary to turn the situation like that.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 4

Oh shut up. One person expressed a differing opinion that a few other people happen to share. End of.

I didn't mean you?

I just did know someone started this but not exactly who. Didn't go back and checked this.

If you think I called you...

I don't think so...

So i saw a video of original City Escape and one of Generations. My verdict: Both stages are pretty much the same in length.

Original City Escape:

Time to finish the stage 2:59:34 - Normal run and losing a life.

Generations City Escape:

Time to finish the stage 2:25:85 - Speedrunning the stage.

Adventure 2's City Escape was the first level though... Seeing as it's the fifth this time I don't see why it shouldn't be at least as long as Dragon Road.

Adventure 2's City Escape was the first level though... Seeing as it's the fifth this time I don't see why it shouldn't be at least as long as Dragon Road.

I can't really argue with that and i kinda agree on some extend but you got to remember that we have another big act and some small acts too.

Also to tell you the truth i never really thought that because it's the 5th stage in Generations it's gonna be twice as big.

On the other hand Modern Green Hill is like 2.5 times bigger than the original

As the fifth stage it doesn't just look very short, but also pretty darn easy.

Don't really agree but i respect your opinion.

As the fifth stage it doesn't just look very short, but also pretty darn easy.

Sonic games have never really been all that difficult. Dragon Road, Twinkle Park, and Green Forest, were in a similar position in the game, and they were all pathetically easy. Twinkle Park being really goddamn easy for stage No. 5

Hostilities are gonna be flared when people either say "shut up it looks amazing" or "shut up it looks shite". I honestly hope Generations hurries up, so I can not only play the game, but also for an end to all this shit. At least until the next game.

Edited by Jaymeister

Hostilities are gonna be flared when people either say "shut up it looks amazing" or "shut up it looks shite". I honestly hope Generations hurries up, so I can not only play the game, but also for an end to all this shit.

This happens every time new game is announced. Really, it's nothing new. Once the game comes out there will still be people who love it, and people who hate it as well, just like all the past recent games.

Most of the stages in Classic Sonic games, mainly Sonic 2, could be beat in a matter of minutes. I don't see why people are getting so worked up over the stages potentially being short. It fits in with the whole classic appeal thing they're going for. I'm excited for the re-imagined stages regardless.

• Thumbs Up 1

I know Sonic Colours DS and Sonic Rush Adventure did. I just wondered if it had been confirmed before now. I had my doubts on whether SEGA would bother adding in online for this or not, since most multiplayer 3DS games haven't featured it.

Edited by Shadzter

Patrick Riley confirmed multiplayer for the 3DS on this Video.^^

@13:00

*video*

Thanks. I know multiplayer was confirmed a long time back. I think it was confirmed as far back as the Nintendo Power issue that unveiled the 3DS version. It's the online part of the multiplayer I'm enquiring about.