Awoo.

The Bosses Topic of BBBE'ness

HyperGogeta

I'm guessing it's either because they're going in chronological order or because they know people will RAGE the moment Silver shows up.

If SEGA's smart, they'll show Egg Dragoon and keep Silver on the DL.

Then again people will probably rage when they see Egg Dragoon because then they'll think the werehog is in the game. Lol. As for original locations, am I the only person who wants the silver fight to be in radical train instead?

Well at least i didn't respond in an unnecessary rude behavior.

Either way, sorry i guess.unsure.png

Edited by Revlis1

I don't really see the point in being incredibly hyped for Silver footage in the Modern trailer anyway. It'll probably be like Shadow. Trailer showcases "Modern" Era, Silver shows up for 8 seconds in pre-boss cutscene, and anyone intrigued will be even hungrier for details as to what will happen.

Really the only thing it can solve is the "Where in the world is Silver's boss battle?" debacle.

Edited by Mykonos

Really the only thing it can solve is the "Where in the world is Silver's boss battle?" debacle.

It'll probably be in a really beefed-up version of Castle Town. Remember how alive it was during the intro of Sonic 2006? I imagine we'll see something like that. Heck, that battle may even take place as it's under attack to add to the tension.. who knows? But given the scale of the previous 2 rival battles, I really hope they won't drop the ball. The Metal battle is in an epic, collapsing version of Stardust Speedway, Shadow's fight takes place on the Ark's endless highway in brilliant HD glory.. I really doubt they'll have Silver's battle take place in a little outdoor shopping plaza, at least not without some really epic catch. I wouldn't be worried. Just remember that, up until this point, all of the battles have taken place in their original location, so keep that in mind.

Edited by EXshad

I think if SEGA's smart, they'll keep Silver out of all the trailers. Considering he doesn't exactly have the best reception outside certain parts of the fanbase.

They should put a bit of Egg dragoon footage at the end of the trailer instead of silver.

I think if SEGA's smart, they'll keep Silver out of all the trailers. Considering he doesn't exactly have the best reception outside certain parts of the fanbase.

They should put a bit of Egg dragoon footage at the end of the trailer instead of silver.

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually I never wanted to see footage of bosses (SCREW YOU GIGA.DE!). I think SEGA will relase Silver Rival Art soon on their FB like with Metal and Shadow.

About Footage. Do not want. Just a small tease at the end of Modern Trailer liie with Shadow and Metal.

The man above has the right idear, methinks. Less than one month, I want this game to feel fresher than a new born's buttocks when I get my hands on it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Seems Sega's Smarter than we thought. In the modern Trailer they replaced Silver with the giant water snake.... which seems to have undergone one huge visual overhaul.

Now if you'll excuse me I plan to be a jerk and laugh like there's no tomorrow.

Edited by Balding Spider
  • Thumbs Up 1

Seems Sega's Smarter than we thought. In the modern Trailer they replaced Silver with the giant water snake.... which seems to have undergone one huge visual overhaul.

Now if you'll excuse me I plan to be a jerk and laugh like there's no tomorrow.

Just watched it, HAHAHAHA, U mad Silver fans?

The difference between Shadow and Silver is that Shadow was a well received character from a well received game reprising his role in Generations. The hatred was just fandumb, Shadow was obviously not the Shadow from Shadow the Hedgehog. He's original badass Shadow from Sonic Adventure 2, a game people really liked.

Silver is a character that was introduced in the worst game of the franchise's history, with an awful alternate gameplay style introduced at the LAST MOMENT to Sonic fans, and he was never in a particuarly excellent game.

I like Silver enough, and I'm okay with him in Generations. I'm just saying that the hate of him and Shadow isn't the same. The hatred for Silver is justified, since he's technically reprising his role as a boss fight that they hated. Whereas Shadow is a boss fight that people loved in 2001, and the hatred based on ShtH is unfair and unwarranted

I'm not trying to argue with Silver fans, I'm sure the boss fight will be great.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just watched it, HAHAHAHA, U mad Silver fans?

You know what... eh... I didnt even expect Silver. But only he and EGG Dragon to go. And since there is whole month left there should be 2 more trailers. Now I wait for his reveal art.

Modern trailer... Oh sweet begeesus that Crisis City remix. And Perfect Chaos growlin like a...

Boss.

Lame pun aside, modern trailer was the shit.

Oh and lmfao at the absence of Silver, although it makes sense to keep the penultimate bosses semi-under wraps for those of us that would leave a stone or hedgehog demo unturned.

Next week I think I'll turn my media feed on this game off. My body is just that ready.

The difference between Shadow and Silver is that Shadow was a well received character from a well received game reprising his role in Generations. The hatred was just fandumb, Shadow was obviously not the Shadow from Shadow the Hedgehog. He's original badass Shadow from Sonic Adventure 2, a game people really liked.

Silver is a character that was introduced in the worst game of the franchise's history, with an awful alternate gameplay style introduced at the LAST MOMENT to Sonic fans, and he was never in a particuarly excellent game.

I like Silver enough, and I'm okay with him in Generations. I'm just saying that the hate of him and Shadow isn't the same. The hatred for Silver is justified, since he's technically reprising his role as a boss fight that they hated. Whereas Shadow is a boss fight that people loved in 2001, and the hatred based on ShtH is unfair and unwarranted

I'm not trying to argue with Silver fans, I'm sure the boss fight will be great.

So hating Shadow because he swore in almost every sentence and was going around shooting everything in a bad game, is unjustified.

But hating Silver because he was also in a bad game is completely right?

I don't like Silver, but I don't mind that he's in Generations, and I think that's a pretty skewered reason.

IF anything compare their debuts.

Uh, no.

Hating Shadow's boss fight in Generations is unjustified, because everything people hate about him...came from games outside of SA2. Mostly Shadow the Hedgehog. It's stupid to get mad at Sonic Team re-using something that was good in a game that was good, only because that character became annoying later. That would be like hating the Metal Sonic fight because someone didn't like Heroes Metal Sonic. If Shadow was driving cars, cursing and shooting guns...hate would make sense. He's not, so it doesn't.

As far as we know, Silver's fight IS the same fight that was in '06. It's not a fight people liked, it was glitchy and frustrating. It's not a game people liked. It actually makes sense for fans who hated the original fight to be upset that it has returned. I personally don't share that view, I'm interested to see how it changes in an engine that actually works. And I like Silver's character, he has potential. I'm just playing devil's advocate, really.

You seriously don't think the Silver hate makes more sense? Fair enough, I just think actually being a cool character from a good game(regardless of later missteps) should buy Shadow a little forgiveness in the fanbase.

Edited by Crazizzle
  • Thumbs Up 2

Hating the character for having a bad debut is not ok, the only bad thing about him was that he had the same attack patterns he has in gameplay, only "glitchier" then in actual gameplay.

They could have made him go up in the air (like they did with Blaze in Rush) and make him throw stuff at you. But for some tecnical reason, they decided not to, like taking his "hover boost" for example.

It wasn't like he was ment to be bad in battle, it's just that the game wasn't ready for him to be in it. Like why did they even make him grab the chairs, why would they even put chairs in a boss battle? why not other stuff like poles or bricks or whatever is good enough to kill you instantly.

I'm just hoping they do something clever this time. Like making the battle into a chase threw wherever the battle is gonna take place, instead of just a small section of Castle Town with boring buildings surrounding it.

Edited by Revlis1

Hating the character for having a bad debut is not ok, the only bad thing about him was that he had the same attack patterns he has in gameplay, only "glitchier" then in actual gameplay.

Meh I didn't like Silver much because he wasn't particularly interesting. There was one moment where he faced an interesting moral dillema in 06, but after that it just went back to "I must find the Iblis Trigger". One thing that bugged me, is how Silver didn't once question Mephiles (a dark, menacing, shady-looking bastard who talked really slowly and had a manaical evil laugh and general aura of somebody who isn't to be trusted).

Edited by Scar
  • Thumbs Up 1

Meh I didn't like Silver much because he wasn't particularly interesting. There was one moment where he faced an interesting moral dillema in 06, but after that it just went back to "I must find the Iblis Trigger". One thing that bugged me, is how Silver didn't once question Mephiles (a dark, menacing, shady-looking bastard who talked really slowly and had a manaical evil laugh and general aura of somebody who isn't to be trusted).

Edited by Revlis1

Most if not all of the character/rival-based bosses in this series have been pretty bad or underwhelming in some way, not just Silver's, so I'm caught off guard that he actually gets bashed on this basis.

Most if not all of the character/rival-based bosses in this series have been pretty bad or underwhelming in some way, not just Silver's, so I'm caught off guard that he actually gets bashed on this basis.

Really, you're blaming the character over the person who came up with the game's story plot?

Pfft! what a way of reasoning.

In a good story, a character drives the plot, not vice versa.

Silver spends half of Sonic 06 being a massive tool.

Really, you're blaming the character over the person who came up with the game's story plot?

Pfft! what a way of reasoning.

Silver's is the most glaring example of how bad they are, while Shadow's is probably the best known in the series along with Metal's.

Edited by Nepenthe