Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

I never said that. I've always thought the checkered pattern in SSH (Original and ASR) looked weird, as if they were just drawn on to the walls. When I saw GHZ in Generations, I was really happy they didn't make it look like SSH or SST's GHZ.

Edited by MarcelloF

I just figured out why they might have chosen Seaside Hill....

All Stars Racing.

You know why? I remember when the game first came out, and everyone was fangasming over how good Seaside Hill looked. Then there were all sorts of image macros of us saying that Seaside Hill is what we would want a 3D Green Hill Zone to look like, and how the art-style used in Seaside hill was perfect for Sonic games of the future.

I think they may have taken that the wrong way, and beleived that we loved Seaside Hill as a level.

Well think of it Scar, Seaside Hill, can't just make a absolutely simple transition to the Sonic Unleashed style of gameplay, I'd imagine that the level is going to be heavily modified and more based around the Ocean ruin section.

I personally would've gone with Cool Edge. It looked good without needing to be too intricately detailed, it had great music and Generations needs an ice level really badly. I feel like Dragon Road is just a little too similar to Seaside Hill/Ocean Palace in terms of theme.

I think they chose Rooftop Run to represent Unleashed because it seemed more... iconic to the game and more universal (in terms of location, I mean).

Sonic Unleashed's whole theme was exactly what the Japanese title suggests; an adventure around the world. What better way to represent that than a run along the great wall of China?

Edited by EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 5

Something else interesting-- M. and C.'s routes appear to intersect:

rrsg.png

We saw a bit of this from Green Hill, I think.

Sonic Unleashed's whole theme was exactly what the Japanese title suggests; an adventure around the world. What better way to represent that than a run along the great wall of China?

• Thumbs Up 1

Spagonia, I think, is a good choice for Unleashed.

Besides, it's themed after Italy, which is always cool. In Generations, I'd like to see some stuff inspired by Venice, like a waterway running through the streets. I'm sure that has a name. And some Gondolas. Even though those may remind people of 06...

Besides, it's themed after Italy, which is always cool. In Generations, I'd like to see some stuff inspired by Venice, like a waterway running through the streets. I'm sure that has a name. And some Gondolas. Even though those may remind people of 06...

More than likely you'll get a taste of Venice in the Pothead the cockatoo battle seeing as it did take place in Soleanna

Edited by Cero
  • Thumbs Up 2

Arid Sands sucked, so I agree with you. But Rooftop Run/Spagonia was my favorite level design in Unleashed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Rooftop Run is my favorite stage from Unleashed too. Everytime i hear the music i want to leave everything and start running. :D

Jungle Joyride comes next and close behind Shamar.

I find Mazuri better than Shamar. Anyone agree with me?

Yeah Mazuri doesn't get nearly enough love.

• Thumbs Up 1

I find Mazuri better than Shamar. Anyone agree with me?

I do. I strongly didn't like Shamar. The music and the yellow? Nah, haha. Mazuri had the stage when you go around the tree in the sunset, that was pretty epic.

Jungle Joyride comes next and close behind Shamar.

How can I forget Jungle Joyride? That level was awesome, it had everything. Maybe they didn't choose it because people might think it would resemble the seaside hill level, like the color palette and the water/ruins thing.

It would have been nice to play the level without a slideshow, though >_>

• Thumbs Up 1

I would've liked Mazuri cause it wasn't present in the version I played (well, there was that Egg Beetle boss), it's also one of the most popular stages in Unleashed (along with Adabat) according to a poll. I think Spagonia is in the game just because it was in the first trailer with real gameplay, and of course, for the amazing graphics.

The hate for Arid Sands saddens me, I absolutely love that stage. My favorite stage from Unleashed is Jungle Joyride, with Skyscraper Scamper close after and Arid Sands after that.

Just reposting from the DLC thread.

Why would you want Mazuri? I'd rather see a level which hasn't already been done under the hedgehog Engine, be done for a modern DLC level. I'd much rather see something like Starlight Carnival or Kingdom Valley make it in as DLC. They look 10x better than Mazuri and would actually add interesting stage gimicks to the game. So yeah, Even though Unleashed is one of my favorite modern games, it's at the botom of what i'd like to see for DLC.

Edited by MobileChikane