Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

Sounds more like every company that tried Kart racing. Crash, Jak, Sonic...Come on I know there was at least another one.

Ok then:

Sonic Suffle. It came out one year after Mario Party.

Sega Superstar Tennis. What other company besides Nintendo makes a tennis game with power-ups and unrealistic moves?

That's all I can think of right now. Sonic is still pretty original though, so those might be the only times that Sega has ever gotten ideas from Nintendo

Interesting by the standards of straight lines, natch. You can still put things along a straight line. There's still room for the whiteness to be coloured in, and it's been sort of confirmed that there'll be NPCs and other business. A hub-like straight line with things to do is more interesting than a curvy swirly world map with nothing to do on it like the ones in Colours, isn't it? Not that I have a problem with Colours' world maps or anything, but... y'know.

Haha bro, I was just joking around when I said that ^-^ Straight line, exciting adventure hub, I don't mind at all if it goes either way.

Although I would prefer something similar to Unleashed, or maybe a more universal hub akin to Super Mario Sunshine. I think its obvious that it won't happen though 3:

Ok then:

Sega Superstar Tennis. What other company besides Nintendo makes a tennis game with power-ups and unrealistic moves?

That's all I can think of right now. Sonic is still pretty original though, so those might be the only times that Sega has ever gotten ideas from Nintendo

Sega has yet to add sonic and co in the following sports games sports games. Soccer & Basketball. Plus shadow had gunz. I doubt Any mario game has guns in them. If you tell me sunshine and that fucking flood thing I will RAGE like no human can.

Anyways that's off topic.

Ok then:

Link turned into a wolf, Sonic followed. Mario went into space, Sonic followed.

Too recent?

Okay, Sonic used hubworlds in Adventure after Mario popularised their use with Mario 64.To that end, Sonic followed Mario into 3D.

Sonic has been fairly original over the years though. Admittedly, every time he's tried to be original, it tends to have been more of a failure commercially. It's almost a shame to say, but Sonic is more often than not at his best when he's copying Nintendo.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Sonic was in space long before Mario.

Do you know who went into space first?

Seriously, this "who went to space" argument is ridiculous, A LOT of games have taken place in space or have a mascot going to space.

• Thumbs Up 3

Sonic has been fairly original over the years though. Admittedly, every time he's tried to be original, it tends to have been more of a failure commercially. It's almost a shame to say, but Sonic is more often than not at his best when he's copying Nintendo.

I don't know. Adventure 1 and 2...with the 2-5 extra characters was pretty original. And at the time people and critics loved it. Same for Colours. They seem to like what Sega did there. Mixing it all together. And Mario really never had much handheld on the GBA. Sonic, Kirby and Yoshi had it all. Advance 1-3, and battle (i'm sure I'm missing one....not counting that bad remake of sonic 1). When sonic does try the mario route with random things, critics bitch.

"Sonic in a KART? WTF? Sonic playing tennis? WTF? Sonic is suppose to be running not playing sports or driving cars" I'm sure you remember all of those. Hell when Sega gave shadow a gun, they raged like hell. While the fans were like KOOL!!! "Shadow is now more badass." Well At least I thought that lol. Hell Sonic has done it all. And I think Sonic was suppose to enter 3D before mario but the game was canned. Sonic XTREME anyone? xtreme.jpg

Mario just had a better and luckier life span than Sonic. We all know it.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I could honestly care less.

A game can have the most original and curious ideas in the world, but play like shit.

A game can be tacky as hell, but have the best gameplay seen in years.

The ideas are important in a game, but not as much as the gameplay. I mean, we are playing a game, after all; not reading a book, nor seeing a movie. Just a video game.

Advance 1-3, and battle (i'm sure I'm missing one....not counting that bad remake of sonic 1).

Sonic pinball I think, but you could say thats not a "real" sonic game. But at least pinball as always been a sonic thing and never copied from any other platformer game.

Edited by redhellc

Sonic pinball I think, but you could say thats not a "real" sonic game. But at least pinball as always been a sonic thing and never copied from any other platformer game.

Mario_Pinball_Land.jpg

:P

EDIT:

Mario Pinball Land, as you can see, is a Game Boy Advance game. Mario is a platformer, and did Pinball after Sonic, so that is a valid observation and comparison right there.

But, I really don't care. I mean, Mario Pinball Land was an extremely fun video game. I didn't beat it, but it was very fun. I loved it.

Edited by Tatsumaki
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Mario_Pinball_Land.jpg

SONIC DID IT FIRST!!1

FUCKING MARIO!!!

Sonic Colors was simply payback for this atrocity!

Edited by Voyant
  • Thumbs Up 5

Mario_Pinball_Land.jpg

But in that case was the other way around because sonic already had a pinball game long before the gba.

ps: I konw you are joking I'm just saying a fact. :D

But in that case was the other way around because sonic already had a pinball game long before the gba.

ps: I konw you are joking I'm just saying a fact. :D

Oh, sorry, read your post right now. I thought you meant that no platformer copied Sonic's pinball-like gameplay. Ah, screw it, let it be a joke of mine, sure why not? XD

Edited by Tatsumaki
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I remember that game, it was called Super Mario Ball...s,no just ball,where I live. I remember it having pretty random and non-precise physics.Wasn't really that fun.

Edited by ChikaBoing

Sega has yet to add sonic and co in the following sports games sports games. Soccer & Basketball. Plus shadow had gunz. I doubt Any mario game has guns in them.

Edited by Balding Spider

Sega has yet to add sonic and co in the following sports games sports games. Soccer & Basketball. Plus shadow had gunz. I doubt Any mario game has guns in them. If you tell me sunshine and that fucking flood thing I will RAGE like no human can.

Anyways that's off topic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKVTCWF15AU

Edited by Cero

Well to me, Mario is the video game equivalent of The Simpsons; It does almost everything you can think of within certain guidelines(trying to stay within a certain rating). And just like The Simpsons, I'm not a big fan of Mario either; but I digress. Let's get back on topic, shall we?

Gah now I just want to hear the full Modern City Escape music. Something feels missing that I think the boost overlay will add.

Since we haven't had any links in a while, what d'ya guys think will come AFTER Generations?

My theory:

The series will be reinvigorated, they will continue to use to Unleashed formula for another successful game or two. Then, in their success, it will finally be safe to try out other characters and play styles. If these work, we will essentially be getting Sonic Adventure 3. Or maybe just Sonic and Tails, or Sonic and Shadow, games like that.

I thinl we'll get a Storybook game,and then some kind of 3D Adventure style Exploration game since people have been craving for that.

I thinl we'll get a Storybook game,and then some kind of 3D Adventure style Exploration game since people have been craving for that.

What other Story-book worlds are there?

I mean, Sonic in Wonderland was a rumor on Retro, but everyone found it stupid. Other than that, it seems like everything would be really out of place. The only other classic book I can think of right now is Tom Sawyer. And that would NOT work.

What other Story-book worlds are there?

I mean, Sonic in Wonderland was a rumor on Retro, but everyone found it stupid. Other than that, it seems like everything would be really out of place. The only other classic book I can think of right now is Tom Sawyer. And that would NOT work.

There are so many classic books I think thats not the problem. About Sonic in Wonderland actually I think it would be cool imagine the game could play like colors or unleashed but you have two powers one that shrinks you and other that makes you huge, it think it could work.

Sonic in Wonderland would have the potential to be a huge character cameo-fest.

Plus I love Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, so I'd say go for it. :D

Sonic in Wonderland would have the potential to be a huge character cameo-fest.

Plus I love Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, so I'd say go for it. :D

I liked the idea, Retro didn't :/

I liked the idea, Retro didn't :/

It would be an improvement over the story of King Arthur. Sonic's surrealistic elements would mesh a lot easier with Wonderland and, best of all, no weapons! Also lol if Big was the Cheshire Cat. Actually considering Robotnik's grin maybe he would make more sense. =P

Edited by Lungo