Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

What this game really is missing is a true water level in the likes of Labyrinth Zone/Scrap Brain Act 3 or Tidal Tempest.

Edited by Vasco

What this game really is missing is a true water level in the likes of Labyrinth Zone/Scrap Brain Act 3 or Tidal Tempest.

Still want mah Hydrocity =(

Chemical Plant should include water, and it's confirmed that SSH will have water sections. There better be some 3D underwater parts this time around. Colours totally missed that potential.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

Chemical Plant should include water, and it's confirmed that SSH will have water sections. There better be some 3D underwater parts this time around. Colours totally missed that potential.

That's not water

/pet peeve

But I do agree on Hidrocity - although I never expected it to be in. Always thought they would use Ice Cap instead.

Edited by Vasco

But yeah it should be in normal circumstances. Hopefully Unleashed team doesn't get lazy and not include water in Modern stages. After all unleashed didn't have any right guys? j/k

Still raging at no Hydrocity. They even had Jawz in AP! FFFFUU-

Edited by thatguyfrom03

That's not water

Untitled49-6--article_image.jpg

:P

I do wonder if they'll be a bigger emphasis on udnerwater sections in levels like Chemical Plant and Seaside Hill. It'd certainly freshen things up.

• Thumbs Up 2

Untitled49-6--article_image.jpg

:P

I do wonder if they'll be a bigger emphasis on udnerwater sections in levels like Chemical Plant and Seaside Hill. It'd certainly freshen things up.

LoL!

I hope we don't have much wat-i mean mega mack in Chemical Plant cause i want that zone to be super sonic fast from the 1st second until the finish line!

Seaside hill/ocean palace on the other hand. I'd love many underwater sections!

Edited by frokenok3

I've looked at every page in this thread, and I seem to be the only one genuinely acknowledging excited about Chemical Plant Zone! I mean, the pipes! The grape Kool-aid! It sounds so awesome, and will no doubt be my favorite-looking 3D level. Then, there's the possible gimmick of it being the underwater level. However, looking at at least C. Sonic's Seaside Hill/Ocean Palace, there seems to be parts that go underwater. Maybe it could be both, who knows?

I'm excited for Chemical Plant, but in general the level list has disappointed me and Chemical Plant just doesn't do enough to redeem the rest of the list. Sky Sanctuary however is the stage I most want to see. And Planet Wisp and Rooftop Run actually. Especially C.Sonic's versions of the music.

To be perfectly honest, the levels I'm on the edge of my seat for are the Adventure stages and Crisis City, because neither gameplay style has a version of them already.

For example, Green Hill, Chemical Plant, and Sky Sanctuary. Classic can already play them.

Rooftop Run and Planet Wisp, Modern can play them already.

But neither have ever played through the Adventure/Heroes and 06 stages, so it'll be the most alien (lolplanetwisp). Especially little Classic running around in Crisis City.

Edited by A Match in Oil Ocean Zone
  • Thumbs Up 2

After reading all 90 pages of this, I've decided to post my opinions on these leaks (this is my first real post guys so go easy on me):

The Level List

When I first saw it, I thought that it was horrible and very bland (with the exception of Sky Sanctuary, Crisis City, and Chemical Plant). After replaying the levels that are on the list (except for Planet Wisp and City Escape since I don't have SA2 or Sonic Colors) I actually think it's pretty good. There are still a few things that bug about the list, however. Mostly the fact that they skipped over Sonic 3. I consider Sonic 3 and S&K two seperate games with Sonic 3 being my favorite Sonic game ever. Sonic 3 is one of the most varied Sonic games in existence. 1 Water level, 1 tropical level, 1 ruins level, 1 carnival level, 1 Ice level, 1 Eggman base level. They could've added Hydrocity, Ice Cap, or even Carnival Night (which is my favorite one in Sonic 3). Any of those 3 levels would've added more variety to the level list. Other than that, I think this level list is very good, maybe not totally representative of 20 Years but still pretty darn good.

Everything Else

Elemental Shields FTW!!!! Besides that though, I love the the boss selection. This, unlike the Level List, is actually very representative of Sonic's 20 years. The one I am most looking forward to is Perfect Chaos. I want to see it reimagined in HD so bad! Metal Sonic too! I also can't wait to see the cutscenes and all the missions you can do. This game seems to have absolutely AMAZING replayability. Especially since I've played the demo about like 25 - 30 times now (I've only had since June 30), and that's just the first act of the entire game!

Overall, I can't wait for this game! It's going to be Outstanding. Hopefully the next level/cutscene/demo announcement comes soon!

• Thumbs Up 3

After reading all 90 pages of this, I've decided to post my opinions on these leaks (this is my first real post guys so go easy on me):

The Level List

When I first saw it, I thought that it was horrible and very bland (with the exception of Sky Sanctuary, Crisis City, and Chemical Plant). After replaying the levels that are on the list (except for Planet Wisp and City Escape since I don't have SA2 or Sonic Colors) I actually think it's pretty good. There are still a few things that bug about the list, however. Mostly the fact that they skipped over Sonic 3. I consider Sonic 3 and S&K two seperate games with Sonic 3 being my favorite Sonic game ever. Sonic 3 is one of the most varied Sonic games in existence. 1 Water level, 1 tropical level, 1 ruins level, 1 carnival level, 1 Ice level, 1 Eggman base level. They could've added Hydrocity, Ice Cap, or even Carnival Night (which is my favorite one in Sonic 3). Any of those 3 levels would've added more variety to the level list. Other than that, I think this level list is very good, maybe not totally representative of 20 Years but still pretty darn good.

Everything Else

Elemental Shields FTW!!!! Besides that though, I love the the boss selection. This, unlike the Level List, is actually very representative of Sonic's 20 years. The one I am most looking forward to is Perfect Chaos. I want to see it reimagined in HD so bad! Metal Sonic too! I also can't wait to see the cutscenes and all the missions you can do. This game seems to have absolutely AMAZING replayability. Especially since I've played the demo about like 25 - 30 times now (I've only had since June 30), and that's just the first act of the entire game!

Overall, I can't wait for this game! It's going to be Outstanding. Hopefully the next level/cutscene/demo announcement comes soon!

I love your sig.

And I agree with you on everything.

What do you think about Super Sonic though?

What do you think about Super Sonic though?

At first, I had the whole moment of "Oh great, Monster-of-the-week, grumble grumble..." but then I realized...

There's nothing wrong with that. I mean, MOTW is part of Sonic's history, and it's actually rather appropriate for a big production like this.

This game is going to be awesome. It looks like we're going to have 2 "monsters of the week", since Perfect Chaos is a boss in this game. I hope Modern Super Sonic will be playable in levels like in Colors Wii. Hopefully he'll play better this time around since the level design isn't revolving around using Wisp powers (with the exception of Planet Wisp, of course). In terms of transforming, I hope they go with the Sonic 4/Colors Wii method and just give the super transformation it's own button instead of jumping.

Edited by Spider-Man Noir

I now just realized that animals don't pop out when the badniks are destroyed. :mellow:

I now just realized that animals don't pop out when the badniks are destroyed. :mellow:

I didn't realize just now but i wasn't aware of it until someone said so. :lol:

Edited by frokenok3

I know, what's up with that? =/

Oh no. Animals not popping out of robots. SONIK GENERATIONZ IZ GONNA ZUX NOE!!! Really? Uh yeah I actually could live without the whole animals and robots thing. I'm sure sega knows about this and may....or may not add it in later. That is if they care about the animals/robots thing. I mean if it wont break the game then I really don't care. Heck I didn't even notice it. Which means its not a big deal. <_<

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

..but if animals don't pop out, that means Sonic kills not only badniks but the animals within them as well... :blink:

Never mind, just joking. I don't care if they will pop out or not.

Edited by ArtFenix

Meh, the animals usually fall off a clif or go in to lava/water three seconds after you free them, anyway.

I didn't even notice until someone said so and than I forgot about it until now.

Oh no. Animals not popping out of robots. SONIK GENERATIONZ IZ GONNA ZUX NOE!!! Really? Uh yeah I actually could live without the whole animals and robots thing. I'm sure sega knows about this and may....or may not add it in later. That is if they care about the animals/robots thing. I mean if it wont break the game then I really don't care. Heck I didn't even notice it. Which means its not a big deal. <_<

Edited by Lungo
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Thumbs Up 2

The animals are part of the mission list. They are there, just maybe not in the way you'd think they would be.

• Thumbs Up 1

The animals are part of the mission list. They are there, just maybe not in the way you'd think they would be.

Edited by Lungo

It's not game breaking, it's MIND breaking for those who can't live without them.

And if those animals are for missions, that means that during the regular story/free mode, they won't show up but only during those specific mission stages, no?

Edited by Unholy Sønic