Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

So Chimpo at Sonic Retro posted side-by-sides of the PS3 and 360 version.

So far as I could see, there was little difference beyond the PS3 version having slightly bleached out Colours. Nothing horrendous. The Textures weren't any different or anything based on the screenshots. The difference in Colour saturation is probably explainable by the differing hardware, but I'm not sure.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Aside from the fact it took what must have been about 2 hours to download, the colour did seem dimmer.

I didn't notice until yesterday though. Also, I gotta be honest, but the game FEELS better to me on 360. A more natural fit, somehow. I dunno. Maybe I'm just a closet 360 fanboy, but I digress.

Had a mess around when it downloaded on 360- it was fun. No, seriously- fun. I don't just mean that in a passing 'it was good' kind of way, but genuinely fun. I spent some time just testing out acceleration, jump height and the like. I reached the top of a hill. I stopped. I pushed down on the stick.

I was disappointed.

I expected Sonic to just curl and roll. I'm not sure why. He just sat there, ducked. So I pushed to the right, but accidentally pushed down a little too.

The joy I felt then, of just watching Sonic tumble down the hill, picking up speed was... well, something that I hadn't felt since the first time I hit Boost in Unleashed. But he hadn't picked up enough speed to make it round the shuttle loop at the bottom. He arced up, slowing down, and started running back the other way. Brilliant.

I know this probably seems like blathering to you guys, but... wow. Just wow. From that point on, the whole level was an absolute joy to play. I just kept smiling to myself, thinking 'Sonic has physics again! They're really back!'

• Thumbs Up 2

When we get the new information? Crisis City

Dammit, will you stop asking when we're gonna get new info?! We don't know! We're the fans, not SEGA!

• Thumbs Up 3

When we get the new information? Crisis City

Oh, you just missed TSSZ's new world exclusive, where they revealed Nighttime Hill Zone as a brand new zone in the game, I suggest you look it up. Seriously, like Zolo said, we aren't Sega man, we just sit under their anus, eating their shit.

Edited by Schismatist
  • Thumbs Up 4

Or maybe split screen?

2 screens, 2 players? or maybe 2 Sonics, 2 demos? Update for the demo? nah...

Sonic Wrecks Twitter just made fun of some people! xD

Dear SSMB: Two plus two does indeed equal four, feel free to congratulate yourselves and have a "we take things too literally" cookie.

xDxDxDxD!! :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

Dear SSMB: Two plus two does indeed equal four, feel free to congratulate yourselves and have a "we take things too literally" cookie.

Challenge Accepted

*eats the cookie*

• Thumbs Up 2

That's it, as leader of the official SSMB army, I declare war on Sonicwrecks!!!111111 >:((((

• Thumbs Up 1

...I actually just finished eating a cookie.

• Thumbs Up 2

That's it, as leader of the official SSMB army, I declare war on Sonicwrecks!!!111111 >:((((

*puts on war helmet and pulls out the heavy artillery*

Meh, war is pointless. We figured out 2+2=4, we have already beaten them in intelligence.

In all seriousness, I have absolutely no idea what the exclusive could be. I will just wait and see.

Yay we gonna see a new level, most probably will be roof top run, but who cares new info is always cool! :lol:

No new level at the Japan expo

people can't read

Edited by SHADDiX LeTO CRoFT

Yay we gonna see a new level, most probably will be roof top run, but who cares new info is always cool! :lol:

I said no new level at the Japan expo.

EDIT:

*ninja'd*

Ups my bad, I'm so excited for this game that and don't even read right. Also the lack of sleep could also be the reason, who knows. :P

I'm really sorry.

Edited by redhellc
  • Thumbs Up 3

BLURRY EDGES?!?! FUUUUUUUUUUU-

This is my main concern at this point. I want sharp graphics, goddammit!

Quincunx anti-aliasing. It makes edges smooth-looking at the expense of blurring the whole image. It's a feature of the PS3's RSX, according to some gaming forum, that's apparently easier to implement than with regular AA.. Games like Just Cause 2, RDR, and especially GT5 use it.

Yeah, I don't like it, either, and it sucks that Generations PS3 is using it as well. =/

I'll probably just get the PC version if its officially confirmed. Consoles are way behind for 1080p gaming, IMO.

... So am I the only one who likes the PS3 version more in terms of visuals? :huh:

The 360 version looks oversaturated to hell and extremely jagged. I far prefer the softer, smoother look of the PS3 version.

360%20(1).png

PS3

PS3%20(1).png

Thanks to Chimpo for the comparison shots (though the game didn't look nearly this awful on either of the TVs I played it on, I have no idea why it looks this bad).

... So am I the only one who likes the PS3 version more in terms of visuals? :huh:

The 360 version looks oversaturated to hell and extremely jagged. I far prefer the softer, smoother look of the PS3 version.

Thanks to Chimpo for the comparison shots (though the game didn't look nearly this awful on either of the TVs I played it on, I have no idea why it looks this bad).

From what I've seen and learned at this one GT forum, it depends on the TV/monitor. The QAA/blurring won't be easily noticeable on some sets, while on others it will be. Same goes for the no AA/jaggies bit.

From what I've seen and learned at this one GT forum, it depends on the TV/monitor. The QAA/blurring won't be easily noticeable on some sets, while on others it will be. Same goes for the no AA/jaggies bit.

Lucky me, I guess. :lol:

Seriously though, small differences like that don't bother me in the slightest. Chances are I won't even notice unless I'm looking at both versions side by side anyway. Give me a stable framerate (I don't care if it's 60 or 30. I just want it to be stable.) and I'll be satisfied.