Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

I was hoping the map screen thing was just for the early build, but it looks like there really won't be any hub worlds :-/ Unless you enter them from there, but that's doubtful..

Woah... dat slap bass...

Oh hey, look at this:

uhQvapvs2JE695Ho8UkabxEdmiQWenu5.jpg

This screenshot looks weird to me. Not particularly City Escape-ish.

It's got the inclined street in the background, and the wooden plank platform that the cable rests on, so the City Escape design is in there. The buildings and everything else are just designed like in Unleashed, so it makes the picture offsetting, I guess.

Woah... dat slap bass...Oh hey, look at this:uhQvapvs2JE695Ho8UkabxEdmiQWenu5.jpg

Slap bass is sexy, but some of my favorite guitar parts got removed, ah I'll get used to it. As Carbo said the picture does kinda look weird in a way, it'll probably look better when color is fully restored.

Woah... dat slap bass...

Oh hey, look at this:

I'm guessing that platform to the left is from Speed Highway and that rock to the right is for Seaside Hill

Slap bass is sexy, but some of my favorite guitar parts got removed, ah I'll get used to it. As Carbo said the picture does kinda look weird in a way, it'll probably look better when color is fully restored.

Sonic Generations has a custom music, you could play the old city escape music.

Demo does too .

Dat music... Sheer awesome. I love how they made Modern City Escape so it could match with his awesome, speedy, and frantic gameplay. :D

• Thumbs Up 2

Woah... dat slap bass...

Oh hey, look at this:

Well I guess this is really the interactive menu in the game, its not that bad.

PS:Who else noted that the pots are very similar to ones in unleashed.

Edited by redhellc
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm guessing that platform to the left is from Speed Highway and that rock to the right is for Seaside Hill

That is too epic. I dunno why, but it just is. Now RELEASE SKY SANCTUARY'S TRAILER SEGA.

That is too epic. I dunno why, but it just is. Now RELEASE SKY SANCTUARY'S TRAILER SEGA.

So I guess the "hub" is a great big straight line from left to right? It still looks interesting, though. Maybe NPC characters will line up along the hub as they're encountered/rescued/whatever? It's certainly better than nothing.

I will miss the wacky world map animations from Colours, though. Also, I wonder what sort of music this menu will have. Oh man please let it be ambient versions of every main game's theme depending on which level you're standing closest to.

Edited by Octarine

Modern is more classic than classic and classic sounds more modern than modern.

You're joking, right? C.Sonic's version is a pop track while M.Sonic's is rock. They the associated music styles of each Sonic.

Classic Sonic's track sounds much more heavily modified while Modern Sonic's sounds a lot like the original.

So I guess the "hub" is a great big straight line from left to right? It still looks interesting, though. Maybe NPC characters will line up along the hub as they're encountered/rescued/whatever? It's certainly better than nothing.

That actually makes sense if the hub is 2D, given how both Classic and Modern Sonic could traverse it that way without it feeling awkward. Though I'm also guessing, once unlocked, each boss will also get their own little area dedicated to them, sorta like the levels we've seen: Death Egg would probably be a segment of the level, with the Big Egg Robo in the background, Perfect Chaos would probably be the wrecked version of Station Square with him towering over the ruins, and the Egg Dragoon would probably the fiery core with the Egg Dragoon flying above it. Dunno what the rival fights would be like though, maybe they'll appear in between the white spots of certain levels, as will other characters? It's interesting how they could handle it, to say the least, I just hope it's more than just the 9 levels, that's all.

As for the music, my guess is, since the entirety of the soundtrack is pulling from past games, a song I'd like to hear brought back for the level select hub (where you might also be able to switch between Sonics) be a remix of the

from Sonic 3, it's such an epic song. Maybe as you color more of the world in, the song gets more full as well, sorta like what happens when you get more stars in the Super Mario Galaxy games?

That'd be pretty sweet :P

Why would they reveal it last?

Saving the best for last

plus with the fan reaction to its inclusion it would be a nice way to torment them for a while

Now then, many of the things we've had our doubts about have been revealed, and many of us feel pleased with the results, while many others aren't. Either way, the biggest revelation yet is still not clarified.

What's this huge thing AAUK's got to say about Generations that will make us feel all fuzzy inside?

I want to know, nao. :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

Now then, many of the things we've had our doubts about have been revealed, and many of us feel pleased with the results, while many others aren't. Either way, the biggest revelation yet is still not clarified.

What's this huge thing AAUK's got to say about Generations that will make us feel all fuzzy inside?

I want to know, nao. :lol:

:lol: Me too.

I like very much the new remix of Modern City Escape. I think the classic version is a bit better but i may say that cause i haven't heard the whole song and not to many times. :P

So I guess the "hub" is a great big straight line from left to right? It still looks interesting, though.

I'm sorry, but how can you say one straight line is interesting? That's just contradictory, haha.

I think the modern mix is awesome.

Am I the only one who noticed that the Modern City Escape remix uses pieces from the Snowboarding Multiplayer level from Sonic Adventure 2: Battle?

Edited by Spider-Man Noir
  • Thumbs Up 1