Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

I think the modern mix awesome.

Am I the only one who noticed that the Modern City Escape remix uses pieces from the Snowboarding Multiplayer level from Sonic Adventure 2: Battle?

YOU ARE CORRECT SIR!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqgMy-ljh3M

In-fact they sound way too A LIKE XD!

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, it does.

This just proves that this game is full of awesome, and is going be ridden with awesome remixes of past games. :lol:

So the red rings are back?

You actually see a red ring in the first gameplay trailer, and some of the C.Sonic City Escape footage.

Good, so it's not just me.

Wow, it does.

This just proves that this game is full of awesome, and is going be ridden with awesome remixes of past games. :lol:

True dat bro, this game will be nothing less than win of epic proportions.

You actually see a red ring in the first gameplay trailer, and some of the C.Sonic City Escape footage.

Completely missed that. Guess special stages are a no-show then... shame.

They could've used the opportunity to honor Sonic CD by bringing back the UFO model.

Slap bass is sexy, but some of my favorite guitar parts got removed, ah I'll get used to it. As Carbo said the picture does kinda look weird in a way, it'll probably look better when color is fully restored.

Let me suggest this to you- Greenhill. The modern version has two tracks, the standard one, and a special 'boosting' track that becomes audible when you, well, hit the boost button. The background of the song becomes louder, and extra instruments are added, along with a strange, but pleasing beeping noise, like that of a radio transmitter.

Now, let's just say, the modern City Escape we heard is the standard one- what if that awesome guitar is rolled out for the 'boosted' track, eh?

• Thumbs Up 1

portada9295.jpeg

I found this on Sonic Paradise and I thought it was real.

Edited by A Match in Oil Ocean Zone

portada9295.jpeg

I found this on Sonic Paradise. See those mountains in the background? What do you think those are supposed to be from? Or are they just mountains for the sake of having mountains?

Eh...isn't this made by Tobbii?

• Thumbs Up 1

portada9295.jpeg

I found this on Sonic Paradise. See those mountains in the background? What do you think those are supposed to be from? Or are they just mountains for the sake of having mountains?

I'm sorry, but how can you say one straight line is interesting? That's just contradictory, haha.

Interesting by the standards of straight lines, natch. You can still put things along a straight line. There's still room for the whiteness to be coloured in, and it's been sort of confirmed that there'll be NPCs and other business. A hub-like straight line with things to do is more interesting than a curvy swirly world map with nothing to do on it like the ones in Colours, isn't it? Not that I have a problem with Colours' world maps or anything, but... y'know.

Since I've finally listened to it, I find Modern Sonic's remix of City Escape, er, alright. It's probably my least favourite of the songs from Generations that we've heard so far, although that's not saying much against it. It's not bad, and I can imagine it working very well with Modern Sonic's gameplay, but it pales in comparison next to the fun quirkiness of Classic Sonic's version or the familiarity of the original. I'm sure I'll warm up to it eventually, though.

Now that's what I call a good city escape remix. I didn't like the poppy version. If that's really classic sonic's version i'll be kinda sad as I think he deserves better than autotuned cash cash esque remixes.

But yeah, that new city escape mix, liking it alot

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I find the hub world pretty interesting, though. You never know; Both Sonics may interact with the background and foreground. And who knows? This may actually be just some level select that's become hubified. It may turn out to be like Unleashed's Hub world. Maybe. Correct me if I'm wrong, guys. :P

Edited by Tatsumaki

Like I said before, I actually like how it's 2D: that way, it's a hub that both Sonics can roam without making them feel out of place (Classic Sonic in a 3D hub would just be strange, at least given the hacked footage of him running through Modern Sonic's Green Hill). Plus, it could be very robust, if done right. Imagine if you first progress to a level as the story dictates, maybe after clearing a certain mission or a boss, but once that level is cleared, it appears on the map, in whitened form (like we've seen in the pics). However, after missions for that level are cleared, color for the surrounding area gradually returns, and maybe even lost characters will pop up on the hub, and upon interacting with them, new missions where you interact with them in the levels will appear? And perhaps for the bosses, upon getting enough boss keys, should have their own area, sorta like Green Hill and City Escape, to make them feel as big as they deserve to be, as well as to take up extra space (I'd like a big interactive menu, myself :P), though they should make a way to distinguish them from normal levels. Or there could be an option to toggle between level selection and boss selection, that could work too.

They could do a lot of interesting things with it, though. For example, imagine if Classic Sonic interacts with the classic versions of characters in the hub, while Modern Sonic interacts with the Modern incarnations? Also, notice that for both City Escape and Green Hill, that behind Sonic, there's a path that looks like it could lead somewhere; perhaps after selecting your mission in the level, Sonic will run towards the path as the screen fades to white and the level loads? I

In the end, this simply seems like a clever way to spice up the level selection screen, with you controlling Sonic as he cycles through the levels, rather than doing it in a bland manner like you did in Sonic 2006. So while I hope it's robust and filled with content, I also hope it isn't cumbersome either.

Edited by EXshad

Like I said before, I actually like how it's 2D: that way, it's a hub that both Sonics can roam without making them feel out of place (Classic Sonic in a 3D hub would just be strange, at least given the hacked footage of him running through Modern Sonic's Green Hill). Plus, it could be very robust, if done right. Imagine if you first progress to a level as the story dictates, maybe after clearing a certain mission or a boss, but once that level is cleared, it appears on the map, in whitened form (like we've seen in the pics). However, after missions for that level are cleared, color for the surrounding area gradually returns, and maybe even lost characters will pop up on the hub, and upon interacting with them, new missions where you interact with them in the levels will appear? And perhaps for the bosses, upon getting enough boss keys, should have their own area, sorta like Green Hill and City Escape, to make them feel as big as they deserve to be, as well as to take up extra space (I'd like a big interactive menu, myself :P), though they should make a way to distinguish them from normal levels. Or there could be an option to toggle between level selection and boss selection, that could work too.

I adore this idea, though the color returning will likely happen when you restore the area as seen in the coding for the game. As for the whole boss thing, I believe that there will be a large gate masking the area where you can enter into it, and once you get the 6 keys it opens up to reveal a selectable stage with the bosses name viewable. It could be something like a long path leading to the death Egg or even the Tornado and Tails and you hop on the plane as the screen changes. While Perfect Chaos could simply be ruined Station Square over flowing with water with Perfect Chaos menacingly looming over the carnage in the background. Something similar could also be used for the Egg Dragoon with Eggman's the insides of the death egg clearly seen.

Also I would prefer if Classic interacted with the Modern Characters and Modern interacts with the Classic ones (at least the ones that have a classic version). Like didn't you notice that Knuckles was in his Modern form in Green Hill and he is featured in a Classic Mission, plus I remember on one of those leaked images it said Modern Tails on one of the Sonic head like icons.

Also I would love it if you could actually see a few things popping out of the stage select menu if you stay idle long enough, like see the G.U.N. Truck pass by in the City Escape menu or even the Eggman sign post pop out of a piece of Green Hill and taunt Sonic before sinking back in

Edited by Cero

I adore this idea, though the color returning will likely happen when you restore the area as seen in the coding for the game. As for the whole boss thing, I believe that there will be a large gate masking the area where you can enter into it, and once you get the 6 keys it opens up to reveal a selectable stage with the bosses name viewable. It could be something like a long path leading to the death Egg or even the Tornado and Tails and you hop on the plane as the screen changes. While Perfect Chaos could simply be ruined Station Square over flowing with water with Perfect Chaos menacingly looming over the carnage in the background. Something similar could also be used for the Egg Dragoon with Eggman's the insides of the death egg clearly seen.

Also I would prefer if Classic interacted with the Modern Characters and Modern interacts with the Classic ones (at least the ones that have a classic version). Like didn't you notice that Knuckles was in his Modern form in Green Hill and he is featured in a Classic Mission, plus I remember on one of those leaked images it said Modern Tails on one of the Sonic head like icons.

Also I would love it if you could actually see a few things popping out of the stage select menu if you stay idle long enough, like see the G.U.N. Truck pass by in the City Escape menu or even the Eggman sign post pop out of a piece of Green Hill and taunt Sonic before sinking back in

Sounds epic, though another idea could be that both Sonics interact with both Modern and Classic characters, depending on the area :P And I had a similar thought about the bosses, though again; I'm a bit hesitant to see how that works though, considering the hub also doubles as a level select screen, and it has to be manageable. Still, if each area is split between eras, perhaps in addition to having the hub be a massive line connecting everything together, there'd be a way to toggle from each era, since each era is said to have 3 levels, a rival battle and a boss battle, just as a secondary option to keep things moving smoothly. That, or I'm fine with my other idea too :P

Also, fuck yes to the little things popping up in the stages on the menu screen :D That'd give those cute little areas a bit more life, and make them a lot more fun to look at, besides just a collection of white models.

Sort of like in Colors, only better and more comical. For Speed Highway, those Cop-Speeder things (forgot the name) could whizz around, maybe chase some stuff. Those guy were so awesome, and I hope they get appropriate representation here, even if it's in the form of a Stage Select screen easter egg.

Loving Modern's City Escape. Had to listen to it a few times to get a feel for it, but now it sounds great. I don't know why anyone would think this isn't the original singer. I like the instrumentation a lot too. Different than the original, but not worse.

Not to be repetitive, but I'm also dying to know what AAUK's announcement (of an announcement) is all about. I'm honestly completely clueless.

I'm not too sure but i think the boosting version of City Escape has an overlay of Tony Harnell's voice.

It sounded like it does in the E3 Demo.

That'd be really cool if you're right. It'd probably make the transition in and out of the boost state even more jarring, but I seriously love the idea of doubling up the vocals when boosting. Man... I kind of wish we were getting another stage with vocal music, just so that effect wouldn't have to be exclusive to one song. It seems too good to waste.

That'd be really cool if you're right. It'd probably make the transition in and out of the boost state even more jarring, but I seriously love the idea of doubling up the vocals when boosting. Man... I kind of wish we were getting another stage with vocal music, just so that effect wouldn't have to be exclusive to one song. It seems too good to waste.

There is always a possibility we get a vocal remix of Open your Heart for Perfect Chaos Boss battle.

I know it has almost zero chances but who knows. ;)

Edited by Octarine

I'm guessing that platform to the left is from Speed Highway and that rock to the right is for Seaside Hill

If they really thought of making it where you could control Sonic on the Menu and pick your stuff that way, they'd be pulling a Super Mario Sunshine on us.

I'm hoping that those platforms and rocks aren't for other zones cause I don't want a short hub (even if it's just a straight line)... I mean, they said that the "interactive menu will have other characters and treasures", so there must be more space.