Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

@Grimchi3f

I actually consider Sonic 3 and Sonic and knuckles the same game because it was intended to be the same game...

But I feel like based on the game being split and the length of the game alone, I would agree Sonic 3 should have its own level.

Because sega did MAKE them seperate games in a sense.

• Thumbs Up 2

@Grimchi3f

I actually consider Sonic 3 and Sonic and knuckles the same game because it was intended to be the same game...

But I feel like based on the game being split and the length of the game alone, I would agree Sonic 3 should have its own level.

Because sega did MAKE them seperate games in a sense.

I understand that they were meant to be together but, to me, they feel like 2 different games. Sonic 3 has a lot of variety in the levels and music and it looks more colorful and vibrant. S&K, on the other hand, is darker and is more story driven than Sonic 3. It's also less colorful and vibrant.

Anyways, I love that both Super Sonic's are in this game. I really hope they're playable outside of the final boss. Has it been confirmed that they are playable in regular levels?

Anyways, I love that both Super Sonic's are in this game. I really hope they're playable outside of the final boss. Has it been confirmed that they are playable in regular levels?

I think there was an item box with Chaos Emeralds in the leaked images. Can't remember for sure.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think there was an item box with Chaos Emeralds in the leaked images. Can't remember for sure.

Oh yeah, I must of forgotten about that. That's cool. Now I'll be able to play as Super Sonic in 3D for the first time!

...Colors?

Edit: And R. and Fighters.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 2

Super Sonic is for both Sonic's in regular stages! :)

Also what the 2 cool dudes said!!! :D

Oh yeah, I must of forgotten about that. That's cool. Now I'll be able to play as Super Sonic in 3D for the first time!

Sonic Colors Wii would like to have a word with you.

• Thumbs Up 4

Now that I think about it, that's kind of an odd system to use, isn't it? I mean, I guess it beats going into a menu and turning off a large portion of the game's content, but where would these item boxes be located? Would they be placed right at the beginning of each level to let you choose whether you want to use them, or would they be hidden away in the level somewhere, forcing you to find them before you can transform? And what about Modern Sonic? He doesn't seem to use item boxes or capsules at all. It's all very mysterious~

...and dammit, Lungo, I was gonna say that.

Now that I think about it, that's kind of an odd system to use, isn't it? I mean, I guess it beats going into a menu and turning off a large portion of the game's content, but where would these item boxes be located? Would they be placed right at the beginning of each level to let you choose whether you want to use them, or would they be hidden away in the level somewhere, forcing you to find them before you can transform? And what about Modern Sonic? He doesn't seem to use item boxes or capsules at all. It's all very mysterious~

Indeed it is mysterious, but the leaked music suggests that Modern Sonic DOES in fact have an invincibility power up, so maybe there will be some items boxes/capsules for Modern.

Edited by Spider-Man Noir

...Colors?

Edit: And R. and Fighters.

Never played Colors (don't have a Wii) or Fighters. Sonic R, I never played as Super Sonic because I played almost solely as the Tails Doll.

I thought they were mission icons? I recall somebody saying that some time ago. On here, mind, not officially.

It's possible they could even be Achievement icons?

Well, I hope that the SuperSonics are playable in normal stages, but I absolutely want them in the Finalboss to make it epic, I liked Colors Finalboss but it was very simple and weak; I guess it'll depend from the villian, if it's a cool character or just a random monster.

I want the game to be, in the end just like Sonic Heroes and Colors where you have the Challenge mode with oh so few rings but you can do all the stages all lined up or a Super Hard mode ala Sonic Heroes but with Bosses along the roads, once again, without having to choose stages, just one after another until you finish them all.

Of course, like in Heroes, you can continue later at the last stage you didn't finished.

First of all, I'm sorry if this has already been brought up, and if I've missed some posts on this, but it's just a wee something I've noticed.

I was at my mates last night, and persuaded him to download the Sonic Generations demo, to which he did, and thought it was pretty good . While I was watching him play the game, I noticed the little hand in the stop watch was moving around, and was in time with the actual timer ( ie, when it was at 30 seconds, the hand was at the 30 second mark) . I've just booted up my demo tonight, and the timer doesn't animate whatsoever for me, it remains stationary in the 50 second position.

I know it's a small, insignificant observation, but could this be indicative of different builds being available for download - I downloaded the demo on day 1??

Didn't someone at Retro said that both Super Sonics have their own in-level music? As well as having additional moves?

It was hinted at earlier in here...

Didn't someone at Retro said that both Super Sonics have their own in-level music? As well as having additional moves?

It was hinted at earlier in here...

Yep thats right. I remember in the early pages of this thread someone said that!

Also Ryan91 what exactly are you talking about cause i didn't get it...

Edited by frokenok3

Yep thats right. I remember in the early pages of this thread someone said that!

Also Ryan91 what exactl yare you talking about cause i didn't get it...

That stop watch next to the timer. His hand/clockhand is moving like a real stop watch at his mates Demo.

Ryan's stop watch doesn't move.

He is asking if there are other Versions of the Demo.

To be honest... I have the feeling that this game gets hot fixed every time I play it.

The movement is every time slightly different. The jump.. I don't know.. Maybe it's just me. ^^

• Thumbs Up 3

That stop watch next to the timer. His hand/clockhand is moving like a real stop watch at his mates Demo.

This part i didn't get. :) Thanks for explaining.

To be honest... I have the feeling that this game gets hot fixed every time I play it.

The movement is every time slightly different. The jump.. I don't know.. Maybe it's just me. ^^

I got this part! :D

Afer playing many times you get used to it! It's logical! ;)

At first my timing/jumping and reaction was off but after i played(hmm, i am over 60 times right now) i got used to it and it feels really great and like i was playing this game for years!

WAIT that means that my brain thinks that i'm playing the Classics :D That's GOOD!!! :lol:

Edited by frokenok3

Thanks for explaining that better , I'm terrible at explanations :(

Cheers :)

I just thought of something

What if the characters are the ones that have the boss keys

I mean aren't there 6 keys in each era that have to be unlocked through certain missions along with 6 missions where you team up with/go against the other characters

I mean it does make sense

Edited by Cero

I just thought of something

What if the characters are the ones that have the boss keys

I mean aren't there 6 keys in each era that have to be unlocked through certain missions along with 6 missions where you team up with/go against the other characters

I mean it does make sense

So, all his friends get stranded through time and find these keys?

Or the characters are in their own respective time periods? And for some reason have the keys?

So, all his friends get stranded through time and find these keys?

Or the characters are in their own respective time periods? And for some reason have the keys?

I think a bit of the first option, like after they get transported to the new time period they find the keys, and you have to complete a race/fight against them or help them through the strange to get the key.