Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

Sonic should team up with NiGHTS in Wonderland...

Edited by ChikaBoing
  • Thumbs Up 2

:lol: Boostinator!!! and BOOST!!!

Very nice video. This made me even more excited for the game. November is soooooo far away.

This video is amazing. There's just so much awesome in it:

Those idle animations, mouth movements and quill movements... they're fabulous!

• Thumbs Up 3

I agree with what he says about the invisible walls. So frustrating. Makes the level feel so much more like a narrow corridor. All this scripting nonsense needs to die.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait, wait wait... no camera control? None? AT ALL?!?!? Not even the simple ability to shift move the camera's vision according to the direction the right analog stick was being tilted in like in Unleashed?! That's just sad, Sonic Team, and I hope it's in the final game; it was innovative and a fun addition to the game, as well as... oh, I dunno... HELPFUL when the camera was being a pain in the ass?!?! Also, I agree that the invisible walls are just a tiny bit ridiculous.

But beyond that, it looks like Sonic Team has truly gone above and beyond, and Modern Sonic really is looking like THE best incarnation of Sonic in 3D yet. Heck, all he needs is more momentum physics and he'd be the definitive Sonic, in my book.

Edited by EXshad

WOW already 100 pages o.o

Yeah, 100 pages, 90% of which is offtop. *looks at the name of the topic and at what guys are posting*.. Yeah, pretty much.

This video is amazing. There's just so much awesome in it:

The game looks even more beautiful when you just walk around. I wish the environments were more open and explorable.

Edited by ArtFenix
  • Thumbs Up 2

What was really interesting is what the dude said about Modern Sonic being in Classic GHZ. Why exactly is he able to Light Speed Dash? Unless SEGA dun goof'd. :lol: (Which is the most logical and probable answer.)

There are so many classic books I think thats not the problem. About Sonic in Wonderland actually I think it would be cool imagine the game could play like colors or unleashed but you have two powers one that shrinks you and other that makes you huge, it think it could work.

Guys, the next storybook game is obviously going to be Of Mice and Men. Sonic will George be and Big the Cat will be Lennie. It's already in production.

• Thumbs Up 2

From Destructoid on June 22nd

Tomorrow is Sonic the Hedgehog's 20th anniversary, and SEGA is celebrating by releasing a demo for Sonic Generations. You'll get to have a crack at a "classic" platforming Sonic level and a "modern" level, all in stunning 3D for those that have enabled televisions.

Guess Sega left something out, or Destructoid knows what's coming up next?

Edited by TripleJc

Ultra_Gizmo_64, if you post another spam comment or pointless one word reply I'm going to strike you. Put some effort into your post if there's something you want said.

• Thumbs Up 5

From Destructoid on June 22nd

Guess Sega left something out, or Destructoid knows what's coming up next?

Destructoid can look into the future? :D

The robot in their logo is secretly a time machine. lol

But seriously though, do you think they could have got the demos mixed up and we are soon to get the modern and classic level?

I don't know fellas. You think once the classic demo is over, Sega will release the modern version. That would be sweet but i doubt it. I don't know why but i do.

Also the guy in the vid said something about trial 2 /has a date for October? I think he said that...

Wait, wait wait... no camera control? None? AT ALL?!?!? Not even the simple ability to shift move the camera's vision according to the direction the right analog stick was being tilted in like in Unleashed?! That's just sad, Sonic Team, and I hope it's in the final game; it was innovative and a fun addition to the game, as well as... oh, I dunno... HELPFUL when the camera was being a pain in the ass?!?! Also, I agree that the invisible walls are just a tiny bit ridiculous.

But beyond that, it looks like Sonic Team has truly gone above and beyond, and Modern Sonic really is looking like THE best incarnation of Sonic in 3D yet. Heck, all he needs is more momentum physics and he'd be the definitive Sonic, in my book.

Remember? The demo doesn't reflect the final product?

And THAT'S not even the demo, it's what he found inside of it, which isn't playable for a reason. Maybe they'll fix it in time for the next demo.

• Thumbs Up 3

Remember? The demo doesn't reflect the final product?

And THAT'S not even the demo, it's what he found inside of it, which isn't playable for a reason. Maybe they'll fix it in time for the next demo.

Very true, and I should stated that in my post =/ Nonetheless, I find it odd that it wasn't present, even in the demo. I mean, that's a pretty major feature! You're probably right though, the code might have been missing. I ain't worried, in any case. Even if Sonic Team is insane enough to leave out camera controls in the final product, the lack of camera controls didn't hamper Sonic Colors in any way, at least from my view, so regardless, I'm sure it won't cripple the final product. It sure would be strange though.

Edited by EXshad

Dat drift...but seriously this game looks great, invisible walls are kinda annoying, and I really hope there is camera control in the final build. All that aside this game is looking sweet.

Generations Green Hill and Colors make me appreciate the intricacy of Unleashed's Backgrounds. Here alot of the Background looks like it coule be part of the actual level,and have interresting bits that you can't reach. Unleashed and City Escape in this game don't have this problem.

It would be a Godsend if people stayed on topic instead of complaining about silly things.

Well, his post WAS on topic, considering it had to do with the hidden assets of the demo.

kthxbai

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't know fellas. You think once the classic demo is over, Sega will release the modern version. That would be sweet but i doubt it. I don't know why but i do.

Also the guy in the vid said something about trial 2 /has a date for October? I think he said that...

It's confusing, though. Why October? The game is going to be released in November, so why release it a month before?

There is nothing wrong with the drift, stop whining.

It would be a Godsend if people stayed on topic instead of complaining about silly things.

It would be a Godsend if you didn't be such hypocrite by adding nothing to the topic but whining about other people's supposed "whining", when that's not even what those people were doing. Read harder next time.

Welcome to the Sonic Stadium.

Edited by EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 6

Many props to jacktheinfinite101 for the video and showing how to obtain the modern Sonic gameplay. But I don't think I'll be unlocking it, because it seems like too much of a hassle. That and I have an ailment that plagues many other US citizens, it's known as "being a lazy mofo." :P

OMG! Are you serious!?

Yes he was serious goddammit! This is nothing to joke about THEKINGOFWEIGHTHDREB. So someone, anyone, explain this bullshit! :lol:

Edited by Balding Spider
  • Thumbs Up 3

It would be a Godsend if you didn't be such hypocrite by adding nothing to the topic but whining about other people's supposed "whining", when that's not even what those people were doing. Read harder next time.

Welcome to the Sonic Stadium.

I like how people are being snarky to a new user and then do a friendly welcome the next second.Twisted.

Also the new guy isn't DSP isn't he?

Edited by ChikaBoing