Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

It's more like they forgot to take the data out. That's all.

Major gaming companies...don't FORGET to take data out especially when this was made early in May...that is I assume that this demo was put together before the much superior E3/Summer of Sonic version. That's really narrow if you think they just forgot to take shit it out. Many...many people probably worked through that demo and got a look at it before it went out....you mean nobody noticed? Not even head people at SEGA? Give me a break...

What wrong with believing in the bigger picture in this case? If there is 1 thing SEGA excels at is marketing...they know their shit when it comes to that. Its not like this is coming out of my ass like DREAMCAST 2 rumors...this is pretty concrete.

Edited by Voyant

That's just nonsense.

I'm certain that a member of a company has leaked info on a game before in some way before.

Major gaming companies...don't FORGET to take data out especially when this was made early in May...that is I assume that this demo was put together before the much superior E3/Summer of Sonic version. That's really narrow if you think they just forgot to take shit it out. Many...many people probably worked through that demo and got a look at it before it went out....you mean nobody noticed? Not even head people at SEGA? Give me a break...

What wrong with believing in the bigger picture in this case? If there is 1 thing SEGA excels at is marketing...they know their shit when it comes to that. Its not like this is coming out of my ass like DREAMCAST 2 rumors...this is pretty concrete.

I kind of doubt that it's some sort of complicated marketing plan, I mean, yeah, haven't people at Sega leaked trailers, specifically the first Sonic Unleashed trailer and Sonic Colors trailer, about a day or two early? I don't know, I just think Sega has a little troll working for them.

Edited by Schismatist

Major gaming companies...don't FORGET to take data out especially when this was made early in May...that is I assume that this demo was put together before the much superior E3/Summer of Sonic version. That's really narrow if you think they just forgot to take shit it. Many...many people probabl worked through that demo and got a look at it before it went out....you mean nobody noticed? not even head people at SEGA? Give me a break...

Well, obviously they do. They just didn't put much thought into the stuff being there.

Because leaking the whole game isn't good marketing.

Edited by MarcelloF

I think SEGA just want to be trusted again. Since the last Sonic Games were not that good.

Showing some leaks without showing too much is the best thing SEGA can do. Making this game interesting...

People are very cautious with Sonic games at the moment. Showing some very interesting footage to relax this situation is the best method they could do.

Otherwise they won't sell their game very good at holidays and that wouldn't be good for SEGA.

Thing is, there's going to be very little to actually reveal between now and November thanks to the leaks. They'll show off stuff we haven't yet seen, but we already know about it.

Not necessarily. We know of everything's existence, yes, but we have no idea how it's implemented or how it even looks.

Look at City Escape, for example. Knowing that Sonic Team was selecting fan favorite levels to use, you would have to be abominably stupid to not predict that level being in. Despite this, when the level was shown, hype fucking exploded. Seriously. Like... like this. That kind of hype.

I think they'll be fine.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know what I'm concerned with?

What the fuck happens to the security teams that forget to secure the ROM from people like Retro? What's the usual punishment? Surely something has to be given to them--after all, they enabled Azukara's crowning moment of awesome all this to happen in the first place.

I'm certain that a member of a company has leaked info on a game before in some way before.

I kind of doubt that it's some sort of complicated marketing plan, I mean, yeah, haven't people at Sega leaked trailers, specifically the first Sonic Unleashed trailer and Sonic Colors trailer, about a day or two early? I don't know, I just think Sega has a little troll working for them.

True true...but shit like that is real small though...although having a rat in the system is very likely.

Well, obviously they do. They just didn't put much thought into the stuff being there.

Because, leaking the whole game isn't good marketing.

I know its nice and calm here but you forget what kind of fanbase...and the "ugly" eye people have on Sonic still...even after a couple successful entries. They haven't had a actual good HD game yet. Sega is trying to appeal to EVERYONE in this title..not their target audience like kids with Colors. They want everyone to input faith in their title and buy it...and with having such a bad rep your not going to get much trust unless you show us some goods or reason to put faith back into you.

The whole game wasn't even leaked. We may know the levels, but we have no idea what those levels are going to be like. Infact WE have an idea, but the exciting part is how the fuck is Sonic going to romp through these places in flashy HD that makes talking about it exciting. All the Events and shit like that...the missions...how is SEGA going to excally makes this work? Hold Hands? CO OP? The fuck is all this crazy shit.

Its not like we got to see all this stuff in live footage or anything. We going to be talking about this for days...and once the next BIG LEVEL RELEASED in going to start another INFLUX of conversation that going to go on for another 30 or so pages...than BAM CUTSCENE, Then BAM ANOTHER LEVEL!

If it truly was an accident...its the best accident they could have ever done...

How are they going to prove that even though they made a controversial level list...are they going to make up for it by them being outstanding stages? Content? DLC?

All this talk that we doing...even the talk that we doing now is hyping the game up...its not like SSMB has slowed down at all.

Edited by Voyant
  • Thumbs Up 2

Alright then, let me just try to think how you people are thinking.

If SEGA did let this stuff go by accident, why haven't they taken out all the YouTube videos concerning the level lists, models, music, and many other things?

They could have done the same thing as with the SEGA Mexico rep. Now THAT, was obviously an accident, a screw-up. So, they tried to patch it up instead.

If this truly is a screwup, why hasn't any representative of SEGA gone to any forum or Sonic-dedicated website to at least talk about it? Why are there still YouTube videos, and why is Retro still working on that stuff?

I'm sorry, but it just doesn't add up. It's way too fishy.

Alright then, let me just try to think how you people are thinking.

If SEGA did let this stuff go by accident, why haven't they taken out all the YouTube videos concerning the level lists, models, music, and many other things?

They could have done the same thing as with the SEGA Mexico rep. Now THAT, was obviously an accident, a screw-up. So, they tried to patch it up instead.

If this truly is a screwup, why hasn't any representative of SEGA gone to any forum or Sonic-dedicated website to at least talk about it? Why are there still YouTube videos, and why is Retro still working on that stuff?

I'm sorry, but it just doesn't add up. It's way too fishy.

I have to agree, hacking into the game and finding out "Every Single Feature". It just doesnt seem right, it reveals every character, every stage, and all the power-ups, it just doesn't make sense.

How are they supposed to fix this? Everyone has the videos and stuff by now, and that Jim guy is giving his videos odd names to make them harder to find. Take them down or not, they're out there. Hell I saved all of the videos so far.

This is a different situation than with the rep. They could just say he didn't know what he was talking about, but with this leak we have all the data.

And what are they supposed to say anyway?

Edited by MarcelloF

I severly wish they would have never released that demo, so we could find out everything about the game while it keeps coming. Instead of spoiling all at once.

I'm still waiting for some surprises. I think someone said that the things that were leak were ideas to be implemented in the game, but I'm almost certain that all that was leak is not the whole game.Even if this is the whole game I'm still looking forward to Sega's reveals, because seeing all these things in action its going to be cool. If Sega made the leaks on purpose I don't know but what I do know is that Sega is a smart company in terms of marketing and that most fans are still going to very hyped by their reveals, at least I will be.

How are they supposed to fix this? Everyone has the videos and stuff by now, and that Jim guy is giving his videos odd names to make them harder to find. Take them down or not, they're out there. Hell I saved all of the videos so far.

This is a different situation than with the rep. They could just say he didn't know what he was talking about, but with this leak we have all the data.

What are they supposed to say anyway?

Yeahh... Those videos are pretty much scattered through Sonic fan forums and is included in Retro's front page. And also considering how Retro addresses themselves as "Second Only to SEGA", it's really a no-brainer. :P

Umm... Anything?!

If it truly was an accident, they could have pretty much said anything concerning this. An "I'm sorry for the inconvenience" should suffice. Right now, about three weeks have passed since the hack (don't really remember xD) and SEGA's reps have said a rat's ass about anything related to the leak.

All this just leads me to think SEGA planned this. It's just my opinion.

We both differ in opinions, so we're not really going anywhere. Let's stop discussing about this, as the topic is being derailed.

What are they supposed to say anyway?

When major gaming companies have leaks that were not intended they take immediate action and go to the source of the issue...they delete videos and try to keep it as closed off as possible. If you don't think Sonic Team has no idea what the fuck we are doing to their demo then woooooww...hell they already took somewhat action by telling retro to shut up about it and not announce it to the world. They had to do some kind of action to make it seemed like they gave something of a fuck...

THEY have eyes watching us believe it or not hell the guy on Sonic Wrecks probably visits this forum daily and has one of the biggest connection with SEGA and Sonic Team! Still this leak isn't really all that bad or market braking at all...if anything its spreading the game out ever further to other eyes. Something interesting is going to catch someones attention...and the best time to do it is around E3 and big sonic events...when everyone has Sonic on their minds.

"Meh its just another....wait a second....is that...ELEMENTAL SHIELDS??! DUDE THOSE ARE BACK??! I LOVED THOSE! Hey guys check this cool stuff out...look what Sega brought back!"

"OMG DUDE THEY ARE REMAKING CHEMICAL PLANT!...SPEED HIGHWAY from Sonic ADVENTURE...that's awesome! Dude if City Escape looked that fucking awesome IMAGINE HOW BADASS SPEED HIGHWAY GOING TO LOOK!"

"I know right?!! That stage was BEAST! Running Down a fucking skyscraper dogging helicopters and shit! Its all brand new too! Its not gonna be some HD remake either!"

*Gamer Bickering*

Edited by Voyant

"Inconvenience"? What inconvenience?

Edited by MarcelloF

There's no freaking way SEGA wasn't at least aware that there was more stuff in the demo. You can argue that they just didn't care, but arguing that they forgot to remove this stuff is ridiculous.

The demo was complete a month before it's release! At some point someone should have noticed that a demo containing only the extremely small first act of the game has no reason to be over six hundred megabytes! Hell, when news broke that the demo was coming and it was Classic Sonic only we all knew that something didn't make sense, we knew there had to be more to the demo.

It's completely possible that SEGA just didn't care if the stuff got leaked, or they were dumb enough to think the demo wouldn't get torn apart, but they had to have known that this demo contained more than a one minute act.

I'm still waiting for some surprises. I think someone said that the things that were leak were ideas to be implemented in the game, but I'm almost certain that all that was leak is not the whole game.Even if this is the whole game I'm still looking forward to Sega's reveals, because seeing all these things in action its going to be cool. If Sega made the leaks on purpose I don't know but what I do know is that Sega is a smart company in terms of marketing and that most fans are still going to very hyped by their reveals, at least I will be.

I hope, I'm still wanting Metal Madness and Radical Highway.

The good thing is Sonic Generations is rumored to have Downloadable Stages, so Stages that don't make it in the game can become downloadable.

Edited by Metal-Hedgehog

288v906.jpg

Ironically, we're actually on topic this time.

Honestly, I'm glad that most of the information was leaked, if only so I could put an end to my hopeless speculation of what levels would make the cut or not. Gives me time to accept and understand the possibilities for what's to come.

There's no freaking way SEGA wasn't at least aware that there was more stuff in the demo. You can argue that they just didn't care, but arguing that they forgot to remove this stuff is ridiculous.

The demo was complete a month before it's release! At some point someone should have noticed that a demo containing only the extremely small first act of the game has no reason to be over six hundred megabytes! Hell, when news broke that the demo was coming and it was Classic Sonic only we all knew that something didn't make sense, we knew there had to be more to the demo.

It's completely possible that SEGA just didn't care if the stuff got leaked, or they were dumb enough to think the demo wouldn't get torn apart, but they had to have known that this demo contained more than a one minute act.

I'd argue it was complete for longer than that since press previews had a playable build back during the end of March/early April but had to keep an embargo until April 18th. The compile date was merely just the date they completed and locked off Modern Sonic from that particular build, because that'd be far less actual work for them to do than making an entirely new demo from scratch. Making demos isn't really that much of a cake job as people like to think it is.

As for the people with and without tinfoil hats on, everything we've seen so far is still in a work in progress state. There is no reason to doubt what we're seeing from that point will appear and that it's a good indicator of what everything will ultimately look like, but that's not to say that whatever was in there is final, and there is a lot of stuff that could potentially be added on since that time. We just know what we can expect in terms of content. The best thing we can do at this point is await AAUK's exclusive news and see how it develops.

• Thumbs Up 2

If Indigo here says so... Alright, let's do this.

"Inconvenience"? What inconvenience?

Edited by Tatsumaki

288v906.jpg

Ironically, we're actually on topic this time.

Honestly, I'm glad that most of the information was leaked, if only so I could put an end to my hopeless speculation of what levels would make the cut or not. Gives me time to accept and understand the possibilities for what's to come.

Edited by Voyant

They didn't screw up the surprise for everybody, if anyone, the hackers did.

They didn't screw up the surprise for everybody, if anyone, the hackers did.