Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

The only HD console Sonic game that flopped was Sonic 06 and this game isn't just coming out on HD consoles either. :huh:

It's really starting to bug me, Sonic 06 was 5 years ago. Why do people feel the need to continue bringing it up?

• Thumbs Up 5

It's really starting to bug me, Sonic 06 was 5 years ago. Why do people feel the need to continue bringing it up?

People bring it up as an reason to bash Sonic and say that the 20th anniversary game will suffer the same fate as Sonic 06 cause that too is an anniversary game on HD consoles.

• Thumbs Up 2

But they don't count with the fact that Generations has been in development since Unleashed

But they don't count with the fact that Generations has been in development since Unleashed

It might be about the co-op stuff like Shadzter said or maybe cutscene like last year with Colours?

AAUK says will make us feel warm and fuzzy inside!

If it would be a cutscene, it would be awesome if we'd get it in all the languages. I want to hear all the new voices.

If it would be a cutscene, it would be awesome if we'd get it in all the languages. I want to hear all the new voices.

Yeah that would be awesome! I want to see a conversation between C+M Sonic! I think it has so much potential for funny stuff. :lol:

I still think that it'll be something like this:

"That level list you got from the demo was a fake. SEGA trolled you guys, here's the real level list!"

I mean come on, even SEGA wouldn't forget all that stuff in that demo... Right? RIGHT??!?!?!

On a side, I'm really fine with the level list right now, it's just that I can't believe the huge slip up they did. Perhaps they did it on purpose since it's for anniversary?

"That level list you got from the demo was a fake. SEGA trolled you guys, here's the real level list!"

I mean come on, even SEGA wouldn't forget all that stuff in that demo... Right? RIGHT??!?!?!

On a side, I'm really fine with the level list right now, it's just that I can't believe the huge slip up they did. Perhaps they did it on purpose since it's for anniversary?

• Thumbs Up 1

You know what I don't get...with all this leaked info and mass hackings...why is SEGA just letting this stuff float around for? I can understand ripping apart a demo and finding out info.

But why hasn't SEGA reported to youtube to take down the videos of the hackings that JIM is doing? Why are they just letting all this stuff simply float around?

Best part of all why is it SO easy to hack this shit and change around variables? Other major title demo leaks in gaming are not structured just for people to hack it like crazy. Sonic 4 is a freaking Xbox live game...anybody can hack a downloadable game with common hacking knowledge...that makes sense.

But THIS really doesn't make any sense...not at all.

Edited by Voyant

You know what I don't get...with all this leaked info and mass hackings...why is SEGA just letting this stuff float around for? I can understand ripping apart a demo and finding out info.

But why hasn't SEGA reported to youtube to take down the videos of the hackings that JIM is doing? Why are they just letting all this stuff simply float around?

Best part of all why is it SO easy to hack this shit and change around variables? Other major title demo leaks in gaming are not structured just for people to hack it like crazy. Sonic 4 is a freaking Xbox live game...anybody can hack a downloadable game with common hacking knowledge...that makes sense.

But THIS really doesn't make any sense...not at all.

Why bother trying to make a fuss and make the whole situation louder than it needs to be? A while ago the leaked level list was put on the SEGA forums, and the topic went completely untouched by mods. Stop making out there's a conspiracy.

And what on Earth are you talking about with the whole "anybody can hack a downloadable game with common hacking knowledge"? It doesn't make any difference!

Edited by Blue Blood

Wait... I just realized something. If we're getting Crisis City... That means...

Flaming Tornado!

Whoo!

Edited by Eternlo

Umm... Dude? Chill out?

All he's doing as an analysis that's pretty damned logical, in every single sense of the word. Pretty much like any normal, average, concerned, and intelligent fan would.

Why would SEGA let all of this slide? Of course, SEGA is definitely no Nintendo, Bungie, Square Enix or Bioware. But they definitely wouldn't let big shit like that just come out, just like that. So much info was released, it's impossible that this was all due to bumbling SEGA, who dun goof'd.

It's pretty logical, and isn't as insane and plain retarded, such as people creating rumors about a Shenmue 3 or Sonic Adventure 3 coming soon, or even the Dreamcast 2 hitting shelves 2013.

Not a conspiracy.

Just sheer deduction. There's nothing wrong with that. Nothing.

• Thumbs Up 1

This now kinda reminds me of when the Sonic 4: Episode 1 beta was leaked.....

Why can't people just accept SEGA fucked up?

Because a conspiracy is more interesting then the truth.

Why can't people just accept SEGA fucked up?

SEGA fucked up, and unlike with previous fuck ups, this time they actually handed everythign out to the players. There's not a lot they can do about it. Massive leaks like this are bad for image, ruin marketing schemes and reduce hype.

• Thumbs Up 1

SEGA fucked up, and unlike with previous fuck ups, this time they actually handed everythign out to the players. There's not a lot they can do about it. Massive leaks like this are bad for image, ruin marketing schemes and reduce hype.

Considering we know a bit about the levels that are going to be in, I say that it's increased my hype a bit.

Considering we know a bit about the levels that are going to be in, I say that it's increased my hype a bit.

Thing is, there's going to be very little to actually reveal between now and November thanks to the leaks. They'll show off stuff we haven't yet seen, but we already know about it.

I don't know about that...sometimes you got to reveal a lot to show people your indeed being serious. I chilled for Sonic 2006, I did for Sonic 4, Hell even the guy in mexico revealing the next two games were getting...

but not this...way too much shit....

SEGA may be dumb sometimes...by they are not going to be like "Herrp Derppp lets put a whole bunch of data on a demo and release it..What? They going to hack it and possibly find out half about the game? Don't be ridiculous...they will neeeeevvveerr do thaaaattttt."

I'm not going to sit here and just settle for that. That's WAY too stupid. Even for SEGA.

Thing is, there's going to be very little to actually reveal between now and November thanks to the leaks. They'll show off stuff we haven't yet seen, but we already know about it.

But we have no idea how it will play...look...or function. You can give me a huge list of moves about a character in the game...

We can discuss and talk about it all day...but that not going to take away the SHOCK factor we see when we see this all in motion (City Escape comes to mind)...or the fact that SEGA even DID it in the first place. Everyone getting so worked up about and its blowing up everywhere...SEGA so planned this out...way too obvious.

I mean look at this topic? This was made like...a week and a half ago...we are on PAGE 84 lol...

Edited by Voyant
  • Thumbs Up 1

Level design for the classic levels, badniks, CGI trailer, characters, there's a lot to reveal, Sonic Generations, because of the sheer fact that it seems to have more content than previous Sonic games(well, more than Sonic Colors), shouldn't have some extremely boring trailers simply because we saw a few screenshots of the levels in the game.

I don't know about that...sometimes you got to reveal a lot to show people your indeed being serious. I chilled for Sonic 2006, I did for Sonic 4, Hell even the guy in mexico revealing the next two games were getting...

but not this...way too much shit....

SEGA may be dumb sometimes...by they are not going to be like "Herrp Derppp lets put a whole bunch of data on a demo and release it..What? They going to hack it and possibly find out half about the game? Don't be ridiculous...they will neeeeevvveerr do thaaaattttt."

I'm not going to sit here and just settle for that. That's WAY too stupid. Even for SEGA.

It's more like they forgot to take the data out. That's all.

It's more like they forgot to take the data out. That's all.

Who knows, I think Sega has a rat honestly, it would make sense, Sonic Team's always putting a lot of work into their games, and I think one of the people who was assigned to work on the demo wanted to cause a bit of trouble.