Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

As a non 360/PS3 owner I am thrilled this is going to be available for PC (hopefully will be in better shape than Heroes because that was a nightmare to play on my computer - and to be fair the game itself wasn't much better). I can't remember the last time I felt so excited for a Sonic game, and this is the best way to celebrate Sonic's birthday I could ever ask for.

The Zone list is certainly a letdown in some aspects (no Sonic 3 making it look like there's no distinction between S3 and S&K, plus using a stage that while popular was only a 1-act thing, and most of all no Sonic CD - I do hope Metal Sonic is a stardust speedway race), but it seems pretty satisfying to me. It seems they went out of their way to leave certain themes out of the picture, giving cities too much emphasis. But since I like city levels, I am not complaining. I am absolutely happy that Chemical Plant is in (I've been praying for it to be included since the game was announced), and Seaside Hill is really the only one that leaves me cold.

Not sure if I like the idea of having other characters thrown into the mix. Overall I am really looking forward to play this.

Since this is THE active generations thread, does anyone believe the Crush 40 cover of Sonic Boom is going to be in the game? It happens to be one of my favourite Sonic songs of all time and, to my surprise, they've made it even better.

Since this is THE active generations thread, does anyone believe the Crush 40 cover of Sonic Boom is going to be in the game? It happens to be one of my favourite Sonic songs of all time and, to my surprise, they've made it even better.

Nope, it was just a special performance for the event. And I'm glad about that. It was awful.

• Thumbs Up 2

Nope, it was just a special performance for the event. And I'm glad about that. It was awful.

Are they at least going to release a studio version?

Thank God. I thought I was the only one who thought it was bad.

• Thumbs Up 1

To my best of knowledge, Crush 40 confirmed that there will be studio releases of their live performances. Whether or not they will be in Sonic Generations though is anyone's guess.

Bah, I thought it was pretty decent.

The audio quality was fucking terrible though, and the random autotune just sorta killed it for me. Other than that, I would love to hear what a properly recorded version (which didn't have drunked retards screaming in the middle) would sound like.

• Thumbs Up 1

To my best of knowledge, Crush 40 confirmed that there will be studio releases of their live performances. Whether or not they will be in Sonic Generations though is anyone's guess.

Good, I'm happy to know it's still possible.

I thought they said that the Sonic Boom cover was specially done for the event of the same name?

I thought they said that the Sonic Boom cover was specially done for the event of the same name?

That doesn't exclude the possibility of it being on the game though, does it?

That doesn't exclude the possibility of it being on the game though, does it?

It kinda does.

So what this exclusive info could be? In the comment section AAUK says that:

"its just a nice bit of info that might make people more warm and fuzzy about Generations."

:huh:

Anyone any ideas?

You misunderstand. I was talking about Crush 40 releasing studio recordings of the covers they performed on stage, not about the possibility of it being in Generations.

Shadzter

Posted July 2, 2011 at 7:15 PM

Sounds exciting. Hope SEGA don’t trump you and take your exclusive away.

ArchangelUK

Posted July 2, 2011 at 10:46 PM

Up to them really… but its just a nice bit of info that might make people more warm and fuzzy about Generations.

http://www.sonicwrecks.com/news/generationsproductpage/

Can't wait for the info. Sounds like a cool tidbit.

EDIT:

*ninja'd*

• Thumbs Up 1

Up to them really… but its just a nice bit of info that might make people more warm and fuzzy about Generations.

I bet that C.Sonic and M.Sonic has some kind of cute fatherly/son bonding in the game.

I bet that C.Sonic and M.Sonic has some kind of cute fatherly/son bonding in the game.

Like Bayonetta and Cereza? I guess I'd be down for that.

I'd personally like something along he lines of M!Sonic giving advice to C!Sonic, as seen here.

At the end of the game' date= Modern will offer Classic words of wisdom for the future.

* More precisely, he will encourage Classic to never give up hope; no matter how rough things will get in the future, it'll eventually turn out alright. Not only does this serve to explain Sonic's unwavering happy-go-lucky attitude (he knows things will be okay, because his future self told him so), it's a meta-commentary on the rise, fall, and re-rise of the franchise.

• "If the two-tailed fox can keep up with you, he'll be your friend for life. Take good care of him."
  • "If you meet a pink hedgehog, be reasonably nice to her, but if she starts charging at you, RUN AWAY. Especially if she's holding a large hammer."
  • "Don't be too angry at the red echidna, he can't help being that gullible."
  • "Keep an eye on those birds. Rings won't be the only thing you lose!
  • "That weird walking water dude isn't so bad. He's just misunderstood."
  • "The black hedgehog has lots of issues, you'll need to be patient with him."
  • "True friends that stay beside you are your real superpowers!"
  • "Whatever you do, do not let any creepy cultist aliens have their way with the planet."
  • "Soleanna's a boring place. Just avoid it. Trust Me."
  • "If you start changing into a monster every night, don't freak out too much. It won't change who you are inside."
  • "Eggman may be up to his old tricks, again, but don't worry. Just stop his plans and take him out like before!"
  • "If Eggman starts claiming to have reformed, don't believe him for a second."
  • "The plumber isn't such a bad guy when you get to know him. You probably won't believe me when I say this, but you'll both look back and laugh about this whole thing in the future."
  • + "Try to stay away from a weird cardboard box. The snake inside it doesn't like hedgehogs!"
  • "Try to make sure the bat thief and pink hedgehog don't kill each other."
  • "Don't let Eggman do your shoe shopping!
  • "Show that hawk you're the fastest thing alive!

* Dude, I would love to see that happen. I won't keep my hopes up about the word about Mario, though

Edited by KCG
  • Thumbs Up 4

TV Tropes is hardly a credible source. BackBone developed the Rivals series.

Since when? :huh:

As you can see, the page is for guesses of things that could happen. That emerged when there was a rumor we would get Generations for the Vita.

I'm pretty sure we're not getting a Vita version though.

@KCG

I would rep you by +1000 if I could. Every quote you put was complete WIN XD Here's a couple more:

- If you meet a chameleon, a bee and a crocodile just let them fly by and do their own thing. The knucklehead will sort em out...for a while...

- If you meet an armadillo, a flying squirrel, and a giant polar bear, cut them some slack. They've been going through rough times

- Try not to get too close to that green duck. He has a bit of an explosive personality...

- That popgun wielding weasel can't really be trusted, but I gotta admit he has one heck of a ride

• Thumbs Up 2

TV Tropes is hardly a credible source. BackBone developed the Rivals series.

@KCG

I would rep you by +1000 if I could. Every quote you put was complete WIN XD Here's a couple more:

I'd love for Sonic to poke fun at the good ol' "Why is Sonic in a car?!".

• Thumbs Up 1

The only HD console Sonic game that flopped was Sonic 06 and this game isn't just coming out on HD consoles either. :huh:

Funny thing though...2006 didn't even flop...its Sold well actually....

• Thumbs Up 1