Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

"Additional Key Features for 3DS Street Pass: Collect new content and unlock bonus material, increasing variety, interaction and replayability."Does this means no unlockables for xbox/ps3 version, because if it does then I'm very disappointed. I always love to collect things like new missions, or soundtrack items, videos and artwork, I was sad when I discovered that colors wii didn't have this and now generations wont have it either.Why?

"Additional Key Features for 3DS Street Pass: Collect new content and unlock bonus material, increasing variety, interaction and replayability."Does this means no unlockables for xbox/ps3 version, because if it does then I'm very disappointed. I always love to collect things like new missions, or soundtrack items, videos and artwork, I was sad when I discovered that colors wii didn't have this and now generations wont have it either.Why?

Unlock New AdventuresOnce you complete each level and ‘free’ Sonic’s captured friends, you’ll get to go back and take on more challenges with them at your side.

Unlock New Adventures

Once you complete each level and ‘free’ Sonic’s captured friends, you’ll get to go back and take on more challenges with them at your side.

I guess 1 of the leaks is confirmed now.

"VS Kuckles" and so on.

The Missions are confirmed.

And Sonic's friends get captured by the Time Eater obviously. ;)

Is this like Shadow the Hedgehog/Sonic '06 where the characters just tag along with you and they don't really do anything?

...what exactly did I say that was wrong or incorrect? :blink:

Also, tracks? Insert more fuel for the over-used "Sonic is a race car" argument.

Edited by Indigo Rush

I don't think you have to worry about there not being unlockables in the HD version- the description seems to specifically mention 'additional key features for 3DS streetpass'. I'd guess that just means they're trying to hype up what few features the 3DS version includes- or rather, the method of aquiring said unlockables. After all, the 360 and PS3 don't have streetpass, do they? ;)

>tracks

;-;

Excuse me as I weep in the corner while all the "Sonic the racecar" people from across the internet come out of the woodwork.

I hope you are all right I really missed unlockables in colors, but because this is a celebration of the 20 years of sonic it will probably have unlockable content.

I just hope this game doesn't disappoint me.

After all, the 360 and PS3 don't have streetpass, do they? ;)

Lol, well it would be pretty funny if they did! Seeing people lugging their huge arsed consoles about just to get some streetpasses.

So I ask you guys this...you want the WEREHOG back?( I know this is a bit subjective, but you know what I mean lol.)

Learn a bit of humility and understanding...setting some expectations is cool and all, but JEEZZZ guys.

What does that have to do with anything?

Plus if SEGA are to believed, this game has been in development for almost three years. I'm no game developer but I think that's fairly ample time to bestow it with a little more oomph than the leaks suggest it has and I really can't see the argument against multiple discs - oh no Odin forbid that I have to *gasp* take a minute out of my time to swap over discs! What Blasphemy! Sonic is about speed and I certainly wouldn't want the joy of playing many more levels that couldn't make the cut at the sacrifice of me having to get up off my arse and take a few moments to change discs! Oh no siree.

Edited by The-Master-Board
  • Thumbs Up 2

No indigo you didn't deserve to be neg repedd for being truthful...I your back though.

Listen people this is SEGA we are talking about...Sonic Team is not responsible 100% for the release of their game...they have a job to do. That job entails that they make a finish a game within a certain amount of time.

You know why 2006 was super shitty? Because Sonic Team weren't done with it...and were pressured to release of an unfinished game to the public just for sales...they not only did this once...but they did this twice with Unleashed which was ALSO unfinished in release. Generations is going to be the first HD game they have were they were given an extra amount of extra time to dish out content and while we know kinda that we might only get 9 zones (might get more who knows) we have a ton of missions in store that may be actually levels themselves. We might get the most content and replay value in years.

My point is Sonic Team isn't SQUARE ENIX (Final Fantasty 13 was in developent FOR YERS btw),EA (Deadspace 2 another game also took 3+ years),Or Konami (Castlevannia Lord of shadows...the same people that makes tons of super successful games like Metal Gear Solid 4).

Sega is a company that's actually DROPPING in sales by each year that goes by...they don't have Super Set Ups like a lot of other gaming companies has. And as a company they have to keep the money rolling or else SEGA goes under and there just MIGHT not be Sonic anymore. But now that their games are indeed improving as company because they realize that if they don't step up their game there gonna be issues...now is when the start giving a fuck.

Still Sonic Team has a deadlines to meet...they don't have AS MUCH STAFF as you think making this game. In fact I would even have to say SEGA taking a big money dump on Generations hoping that maybe just maybe this time they might get a super seller and giving it more than normal development time than usual.

Delaying Sonic Generations to 2012

Wanting multiple disk and crap

Wanting more zones and levels when we might just have well over enough

You seriously don't understand how much TIME and EFFORT it makes to make HD games these days.

You ask about Sonic being short...(like it always was...its about gameplay and repeatability that matters the most...Vanquish proved this.)

So I ask you guys this...you want the WEREHOG back?( I know this is a bit subjective, but you know what I mean lol.)

Learn a bit of humility and understanding...setting some expectations is cool and all, but JEEZZZ guys.

I recently just remembered that Sonic Generations is going to be $10 less than the average 360/PS3 game, in this case, 8 levels, with tons of replayability is acceptable, after having a bit of time to think, in the distant future, 10 zones per game would be nice, I'd like to apoligize for saying that there should be something around 16 though. That is simply the nostalgia glasses expecting too much.

• Thumbs Up 6

What does that have to do with anything?

Werehog was made for the sole reason to extend gameplay of Unleashed...being that they only spent half development time by making a new engine and learning how to apply it and experimenting with a whole new premise for Sonic.

Plus if SEGA are to believed, this game has been in development for almost three years. I'm no game developer but I think that's fairly ample time to bestow it with a little more oomph than the leaks suggest it has and I really can't see the argument against multiple discs - oh no Odin forbid that I have to *gasp* take a minute out of my time to swap over discs! What Blasphemy! Sonic is about speed and I certainly wouldn't want the joy of playing many more levels that couldn't make the cut at the sacrifice of me having to get up off my arse and take a few moments to change discs! Oh no siree.

2.5 years so far...once the game is released it will be 3+ years (which is still another year more than the average development time but still). Don't mean to sound rude, but obviously you DON'T know...and if you did know how much TIME and EFFORT it does take to make games these days oh high quality and HD...you wouldn't have even made this post in the first place.

So far in Generations we don't know 100% how much Oomph it even has...and from what I seen it looks like WAY MORE content than ANYTHING we had in 20 years from a Sonic.

And knowing how Sonic Team is with DLC we have plenty more possibly incoming as well.

Edited by Voyant
  • Thumbs Up 3

Werehog was made for the sole reason to extend gameplay of Unleashed...being that they only spent half development time by making a new engine and learning how to apply it and experimenting with a whole new premise for Sonic.

2.5 years so far...once the game is released it will be 3+ years (which is still another year more than the average development time but still). Don't mean to sound rude, but obviously you DON'T know...and if you did know how much TIME and EFFORT it does take to make games these days oh high quality and HD...you wouldn't have even made this post in the first place.

So far in Generations we don't know 100% how much Oomph it even has...and from what I seen it looks like WAY MORE content than ANYTHING we had in 20 years from a Sonic.

And knowing how Sonic Team is with DLC we have plenty more possibly incoming as well.

And you know this how? Seems to me that the Werehog was actually a big part of Unleashed, hell they advertised the shit out it, just it was a failed enterprise cuz it was so shit. I hardly think it was there to pad out the game. The game would've felt just as shit with 5 minute werehog levels as it did with 40 minute werehog levels.

Again what makes you the authority on game development? Unless you know, you actually have some experience in the field of work? And I wouldn't be so presumptous to think you're an expert on what I would do either cuz I'm pretty I would still have made that post in the first place. I don't believe a few extra levels or the idea of multiple discs for a game in development for close to three years is beyond the realms of possibility, especially for a game that Sonic Team should be pulling all stops for.

While it is true we don't exactly know what oomph this game has yet, the leaked list looks to be pretty true. I know I could be wrong and I hope I'm wrong but that list is lacking.

Call it personal preference or whatever but I'd much rather have more levels than content, I'd much rather get as many zones as possible in this game than have some mission mode or bonus mini game and end up playing the same Green Hill level 5 or 6 times. Sure the game might have more content than other games but I'd much rather see some level variety.

• Thumbs Up 1

I found this Japanese magazine screen of the 3DS version on some website.

I guess it's kind-of relevant even if they are the same damn screens we've been seeing since E3. So if anyone can translate this, speak up.

13_1_2_3_4_5_6_7_8_9_10_11_12_13_14_15_16_17_18_19.jpg

*Cracks Knuckles*

And you know this how? Seems to me that the Werehog was actually a big part of Unleashed, hell they advertised the shit out it, just it was a failed enterprise cuz it was so shit. I hardly think it was there to pad out the game. The game would've felt just as shit with 5 minute werehog levels as it did with 40 minute werehog levels.

Doesn't take that much brain power dude...COMPLETELY missing the point. The Werehog was there to pad out the game because SEGA thought it would be a good idea to find a way to extend the game some more because without it in the end te game would come out short. Its really simple and have even been said by Sonic Team themselves why the werehog was made in the first place...

Thankfully Colors finally showed SEGA that Sonic can still be successful without the addition of tedious unnecessary gameplay.

Think outside the box a bit and look at it from a developmental point of view...

Again what makes you the authority on game development? Unless you know, you actually have some experience in the field of work? And I wouldn't be so presumptuous to think you're an expert on what I would do either cuz I'm pretty I would still have made that post in the first place. I don't believe a few extra levels or the idea of multiple discs for a game in development for close to three years is beyond the realms of possibility, especially for a game that Sonic Team should be pulling all stops for.

I'm not this super expert that understand 100% the in and outing of how things work...I never said that...

But you know how I know all this stuff? I read, do research, find out as much as I can....I do not like being ignorant of things because it makes me feel incompetent when I just blatantly spit out shit from my mouth when I have no idea of how it works nor do I understand. I ask questions...I find out info so that when I speaking and typing words on this forum...I don't sound like a completely retard. It also helps that my mind comes from a very GREY perspective when it comes to almost everything.

Don't complain when you don't know how something works. Find out how it does...and maybe...just maybe...it might give you a different insight of things...or you will have even more fuel for your argument. If I get proven wrong I will be high on my heels to apologize to someone and will thank that person for giving me good and proper knowledge.

While it is true we don't exactly know what oomph this game has yet, the leaked list looks to be pretty true. I know I could be wrong and I hope I'm wrong but that list is lacking.

Call it personal preference or whatever but I'd much rather have more levels than content, I'd much rather get as many zones as possible in this game than have some mission mode or bonus mini game and end up playing the same Green Hill level 5 or 6 times. Sure the game might have more content than other games but I'd much rather see some level variety.

While we may play the same Zone...we might get multiple different "tracks" like Unleashed did hopefully longer. The rest is so subjective that I'm not even going to start...it would be pointless.

Edited by Voyant
  • Thumbs Up 2

The Werehog argument is bullshit, Voyant. Noone's asking them to bring it back to make the game longer, they're asking them to make more Sonic levels. Werehog is completely irrelevant.

• Thumbs Up 2

*Cracks Knuckles*

What did Knuckles do to you?

*cracks some crackers* adds dip :rolleyes:

I find out info so that when I speaking and typing words on this forum...I don't sound like a completely retard.

Nope you don't sound like a completely retard at all! :lol: (might wanna do a little "research" on spelling or grammar)

And subtle dude. If you wanna come right out and call me names why not do it to my face, no need for this roundabout way of weaving insults into your post.

Don't complain when you don't know how something works. Find out how it does...and maybe...just maybe...it might give you a different insight of things...or you will have even more fuel for your argument. If I get proven wrong I will be high on my heels to apologize to someone and will thank that person for giving me good and proper knowledge.

While I see the theory in this your logic is a little flawed. So you reckon that the only people that have the right to complain about something are the ones who have knowledge on the subject? Riiiiight.

I can't begin to be bothered to try and understand the economy and why fuel prices get so high but I'm apparently not allowed to be annoyed about high fuel costs or why shopping is costing me more than it used to? Pretty sure you're insulting a whoooole load of people there. Fact is it would sure be nice to have some understanding of everything but who the hell has the time? I like video games, hell I love video games, I spend most of my life on the internet and my computer but I barely know how to turn the thing on and off! I'm not gonna go and read up on every little aspect of game design, but yeah as a fan I still have the right to voice my displeasure at what I feel is a fairly low level list, and you know what? Why shouldn't I. Pretty sure most fans, the casual gamers and such wouldn't have much of an idea the capabilities of a gaming disc, yet they're who the game is for; the masses, why don't they get a voice in what they might like from the game? All I'm saying is 9 levels is a little lackluster. I'm not saying FUCK SONIC TEAM THIS IS SHIT! I'm simply wondering whether they couldn't have gone that extra mile, and if multiple discs was even considered.

While we may play the same Zone...we might get multiple different "tracks" like Unleashed did hopefully longer. The rest is so subjective that I'm not even going to start...it would be pointless.

And that is boring as hell.

How is that better than having a different zone to romp in? Plus relating anything to Unleashed is automatically gonna make me think ill of it.

EDIT: And add my agreement to the above post^

Edited by The-Master-Board
  • Thumbs Up 1

I may be wrong with this. but I believe people are asking for a bit too much.

Yeah, we could say Sega could have added more stages/new levels to run around in, but when you say you want more levels then content, that just seems wrong to me. You would have many different areas, but then the actual stuff in between that is spread too thin. If City Escape is anything to go by, we're getting much bigger 3d levels then we've ever seen in Unleashed gameplay. We're asking for stages without even seeing the rest of the stages in action. I'm not saying you have to see the stages to want more stages, but you might just be satisfied with all the content this game has to offer. Instead of yelling "MORE STAGES! MORE VARIETY!" How about you see all the different things this game lets you do?

It's true it's been in development for maybe 3 years, but they can't just focus on the levels and levels only to cover 20 years of history. We need much more content then a bunch of different levels. While you're focusing on the history of the variety in stages in past games, I'm focusing on how much content they had. Sonic Colors comes to mind, it was rather short, after completing the main game, you can try S Ranking all of the stages, and getting Super Sonic. That was it. That had plenty of variety in the stages didn't it? But it was lacking on real content.

Sonic Unleashed, All the stages looked different, all had there own thing going on. It had chock full of content, you could collect art work, videos, a bunch of goods. But something felt off to me... it was the lack of characters. The only Sonic characters that had shown up Were Tails, Amy, And Eggman. Any others were introduced in that game and not seen again. It had plenty of NPC's, but not many of them were too memorable. (With exceptions.) And it made me wonder, why couldn't I find Knuckles, or Shadow around? Maybe the Chaotix? Where the hell were they at a time where the Earth was split? It bothered me.

Then we have Generations. It has many stages that most of us should remember, some more then others. Then when a few stages don't show up on the leaked list, some are disappointed. I can understand that, but saying the game should have more then that? Yes, the title says 20 years of history. But all of that history isn't just about stages. It's about the many characters, the stories we have seen and advanced in in each game. Those matter to me just as much if not more then just "Many stages with variety." With this game, we're getting to fight memorable bosses, do Co-op missions with characters not seen in a Main Sonic game in a long time, with a brand new story that will hopefully be epic, and old stages revamped in HD with Unleashed gameplay at it's best and Classic Gameplay that's almost as good as the original.

That seems like enough in one game, doesn't it?

• Thumbs Up 5

The Werehog argument is bullshit, Voyant. Noone's asking them to bring it back to make the game longer, they're asking them to make more Sonic levels. Werehog is completely irrelevant.

Werehog is just an example of extending gamplay out to get a longer feel of the game. I want more Sonic levels too like everyone else on this fucking board...but there is such thing as setting outrageous expectations for a small development team with small development time.

Sega let alone Sonic Team isn't fucking Bungie. That simple.

Perhaps if Sonic was selling 6-8 million copies of 60$ games like Halo Reach and Halo3 I would set my expectations much much higher...but right now Sonic Team is seriously working with the best they got...compare this game now to the crap we got in 2006...shit its almost like Sega scrapped the entire Team and hired new people. The quality, the care, the sleek animations of Classic Sonic, the cool awesome poses, the ASTONISHING environment, we haven't even seen all the levels yet and you can see how good looking CITY ESCAPE is already. If you truly feel that they are not trying...well fuck...

Will the gameplay be awesome...well have to wait and see...but from what I seen of Modern Sonic...I'm going to tear shit up! (And with Classic sonic too...XD)

Nope you don't sound like a completely retard at all! :lol: (might wanna do a little "research" on spelling or grammar)

And subtle dude. If you wanna come right out and call me names why not do it to my face, no need for this roundabout way of weaving insults into your post.

While I see the theory in this your logic is a little flawed. So you reckon that the only people that have the right to complain about something are the ones who have knowledge on the subject? Riiiiight.

I can't begin to be bothered to try and understand the economy and why fuel prices get so high but I'm apparently not allowed to be annoyed about high fuel costs or why shopping is costing me more than it used to? Pretty sure you're insulting a whoooole load of people there. Fact is it would sure be nice to have some understanding of everything but who the hell has the time? I like video games, hell I love video games, I spend most of my life on the internet and my computer but I barely know how to turn the thing on and off! I'm not gonna go and read up on every little aspect of game design, but yeah as a fan I still have the right to voice my displeasure at what I feel is a fairly low level list, and you know what? Why shouldn't I. Pretty sure most fans, the casual gamers and such wouldn't have much of an idea the capabilities of a gaming disc, yet they're who the game is for; the masses, why don't they get a voice in what they might like from the game? All I'm saying is 9 levels is a little lackluster. I'm not saying FUCK SONIC TEAM THIS IS SHIT! I'm simply wondering whether they couldn't have gone that extra mile, and if multiple discs was even considered.

Well you can easily find out...by doing some research buddy...that sentence alone completely shows it and you trying to pin the "Bad Guy" badge on me is rather pathetic. I not debating with you anymore if your going to be this dense making it into such a personal issue for no reason....grow up.

But your indeed right...from now on I will pay attention more to my spelling...I get rather tense when I type.

Edited by Voyant
  • Thumbs Up 4

So, Azukara did you find anything else in the demo. Like classical Tails or Classical Knuckles?? Or maybe classical Amy????