Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

As it's a boss stage, I'm going to guess it's the S2 version. The boss itself has been referred to as Death Egg before, so it's likely.

The Sonic 2 version again? We have already had a remake at Sonic 4 :/.

If that is the case then I am really disappointed...

I'll just persuade myself that this is the Zone.. There was no "Zone" at the end of Green Hill as well.

I want the giant fingers and that chase as Super Sonic as a remake and in HD! :P

Yeah I know, I was just saying is all. I don't think M. Sonic will get shields, but I don't think classic Sonic will get wisps so it evens out.

Actually I think Classic sonic could benefit from the wisps in the P. wisp level. That's the big difference while what Professor said is true about M. sonic benefiting from shields it's not near as beneficial as C. sonic using wisps. Rocket, Drill, cube and frenzy would all give more pathways to classic Sonic and drill spikes and laser could work for the modern. The Wisps seem to offer more to both sides. I would like to see some shield on modern Sonics' part though. Bubble perhaps?

Edited by dudehedgehogfan1996

We have no confirmation that this is the case. Wait until the game comes out (or a massive leak) before listening to anyone else's word as gospel.

It could just as easily be a part of the Death Egg as seen in Sonic & Knuckles. It's in the background of Sky Sanctuary for goodness sake!

I'll just persuade myself that this is the Zone.. There was no "Zone" at the end of Green Hill as well.

I want the giant fingers and that chase as Super Sonic as a remake and in HD! :P

Who's to say we won't be fighting the Death Egg itself, Biolizard style?

That's just it though. We don't know. The hacking of the demo answered so many questions, but raised so many more. I'd say just sit tight and don't worry about what Sonic Team will do with the boss- Everything in Generations so far has been (mostly) brilliant, right? Relax!

Death Egg boss needs to be the giant as fuck Eggman robot from Sonic 3&K. The Sonic 2 one is played out. Plus a remix of the boss fight from Sonic 3&K would be amazing.

Who's to say we won't be fighting the Death Egg itself, Biolizard style?

That's just it though. We don't know. The hacking of the demo answered so many questions, but raised so many more. I'd say just sit tight and don't worry about what Sonic Team will do with the boss- Everything in Generations so far has been (mostly) brilliant, right? Relax!

I want the "Perfect Dark Gaia"-Style just Death Egg and in Space! ^^

Yea.. I'm relaxing now! Was just a bit hyped atm.. lol :D ..(Silly drunk me. :) )

It'd be neat if the Death Egg boss takes place within Sonic3&K's timeline.

It would be a bigger treat to see this fight be the reason why the Death Egg blew up. The Death Egg was never seen destroyed onscreen, with falling debris being the only sign that the massive construct was ultimately destroyed. Would it be something, that while Classic Super Sonic chases after Eggman in Doomsday Zone in the original timeline, the Death Egg sprouts up some big self-defense system/self-destruct sequence, and this game's Classic Sonic and the Modern Sonic finish the job with the Death Egg, effectively keeping the timeline intact? I think I'd like that, albeit a bit convoluted.

This game is gonna kick so much ass..

It will instantly top my all time favorite, Sonic Heroes, I they do the Sonic VS Shadow boss fight right.

• Thumbs Up 1

Late, but elemental shields (fire, bubble, lightning) were found in the demo.

Aside from the bubble shield being a bit too "floaty," it's pretty awesome.

I hope that they return in a future Sonic game.

Yes, it was Crabmeat that was presented. However, there is one special Motobug who will do something as well.

Hah, this is the cutest thing I've ever seen.

...And the ending made me chuckle.

OK now SEGA needs to make a Sonic Labyrinth stage and this game is gonna be the game of the centu- *bricked*

Nah just kidding~ :P

But dayum, having the 3 elemental shields in a single game? SEGA.. I love you...

Tho all we know for now is that it's usable for C. Sonic but something is telling me that it won't be there for M. Sonic for a single reason...

The BOOST wich can:

1. It can already attract nearby rings. Replacing thunder shield.

2. Sonic Stomp is a default move set. Replacing bubble shield.

3. Air boost. Replacing fire shield.

All of these are packed in this single reason wich is the boost.

But hey, I hope i'm wrong and that they will be enabled for M. Sonic tho with little move set changes when using them unless they decide to remove their second effect and only keep the 1st effect.

PS: Please don't ask me their primary effect, it's freaking obvious...

After sitting down and thinking for a bit..with all this new info and footage...My Final Thoughts are...

You know now that I thought about it...I going to keep my expectations on the Classic Sonic side to just be a Sonic 1 type experience with a Spindash and some extra goodies. That being said though I expect a lot more from Modern Sonic than previous game. I want to see if Sega can push it to the limit on Modern Side...since I feel Colors was lacking in substance.

I'm not expecting Classic Sonic to be on a Sonic 3&K caliber either or play EXACTLY like old school Sonic...because that would be kinda boring...I want some new, but not too new. I played enough competent fan games like Mega Mix, Sonic Classic, and other recreations.

DKCR wasn't exactly classic 100% either it had a lot of changes and also discarded things that were actually consider advances in the gameplay at its time back in the 1990s....but its still won the hearts of many except the SUPER SUPER HARDCORE fanbase of DK that complained about every little thing that was different. I couldn't believe such a successful, well made craft from a dev team completely new to DK could have generated that much complaining. It felt like I was speaking to Sonic Fans all over again. The fate of this game will sadly end up the same as DKCR...its inevitable.

It MIGHT appeal to a mass of people.

It MIGHT get high ratings for actually be functioning well made game without rummaging through bull**** to get to the good stuff.

It MIGHT be loads better than Sonic 4

It MIGHT be another step forward on the Modern side of things from Colors.

But this game isn't going to appeal to anyone who feels like they should get another Sonic3&K experience or set the bar that high. If this game was to SIMPLY appeal to classic fans it would be Classic Sonic only...its SONIC GENERATIONS...not Sonic Classic.

Like I said before, there is only so much they can put on a 9 gig disk...

Also, I think in this day and age a game needs a bit more to it to feel like a full game, which is why I look forward to the addition of "Modern" Sonic gameplay. This is also why a lot of Mario fans are very "meh" about Mario 3DS...I think this "retro" era is starting to fade away a bit. Time for the Mascots to step it up a notch not go backwards and it seems this year Sonic is the only one trying to go forward a tad. (With a dash of classic like gameplay of course...)

Edited by Voyant
  • Thumbs Up 2

After sitting down and thinking for a bit..with all this new info and footage...My Final Thoughts are...

You know now that I thought about it...I going to keep my expectations on the Classic Sonic side to just be a Sonic 1 type experience with a Spindash and some extra goodies. That being said though I expect a lot more from Modern Sonic than previous game. I want to see if Sega can push it to the limit on Modern Side...since I feel Colors was lacking in substance.

I'm not expecting Classic Sonic to be on a Sonic 3&K caliber either or play EXACTLY like old school Sonic...because that would be kinda boring...I want some new, but not too new. I played enough competent fan games like Mega Mix, Sonic Classic, and other recreations.

DKCR wasn't exactly classic 100% either it had a lot of changes and also discarded things that were actually consider advances in the gameplay at its time back in the 1990s....but its still won the hearts of many except the SUPER SUPER HARDCORE fanbase of DK that complained about every little thing that was different. I couldn't believe such a successful, well made craft from a dev team completely new to DK could have generated that much complaining. It felt like I was speaking to Sonic Fans all over again. The fate of this game will sadly end up the same as DKCR...its inevitable.

It MIGHT appeal to a mass of people.

It MIGHT get high ratings for actually be functioning well made game without rummaging through bull**** to get to the good stuff.

It MIGHT be loads better than Sonic 4

It MIGHT be another step forward on the Modern side of things from Colors.

But this game isn't going to appeal to anyone who feels like they should get another Sonic3&K experience or set the bar that high. If this game was to SIMPLY appeal to classic fans it would be Classic Sonic only...its SONIC GENERATIONS...not Sonic Classic.

Like I said before, there is only so much they can put on a 9 gig disk...

Also, I think in this day and age a game needs a bit more to it to feel like a full game, which is why I look forward to the addition of "Modern" Sonic gameplay. This is also why a lot of Mario fans are very "meh" about Mario 3DS...I think this "retro" era is starting to fade away a bit. Time for the Mascots to step it up a notch not go backwards and it seems this year Sonic is the only one trying to go forward a tad. (With a dash of classic like gameplay of course...)

The 9GB DVD I'm pretty sure is for the 360, Blu-Ray can hold like 25GB.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 3

The 9GB DVD I'm pretty sure is for the 360, Blu-Ray can hold like 25GB.

Completely missed the point...but its all good. People forget they are developing for TWO systems...not 1. If it was a PS3 exclusive I'd expect a lot more though.....allllooootttt more.

Edited by Voyant

Regardless if there is 9GB or 25... Generations won't need more memory than Unleashed...

They really have to come up with a lot of stuff to get the disk full. :rolleyes:

Regardless if there is 9GB or 25... Generations won't need more memory than Unleashed...

They really have to come up with a lot of stuff to get the disk full. :rolleyes:

How big was Unleashed actually? Very curious about this.

Edited by Voyant

How big was Unleashed actually? Very curious about this.

It's about 6GB.

Dunno how big the night stages are but I guess they take the most space.

Assume it away and we have a lot space back. ;)

I thought it was the Day stages that took up more space...weren't they literally like 3 miles each or something like that?

• Thumbs Up 1

I thought it was the Day stages that took up more space...weren't they literally like 3 miles each or something like that?

6 miles actually...and yes I believe day stages took more space at least the main levels.

It's actually a matter of which Stage you are looking.

If I think about it.. I would say it's half - half.

The enemies at the night Stages take the most because they have "Healthpoints".

hmmm....

It's actually a matter of which Stage you are looking.

If I think about it.. I would say it's half - half.

The enemies at the night Stages take the most because they have "Healthpoints".

hmmm....

Time spent in a level is not synonymous with level structure mass and distance.

3 minutes in a 6 mile stretch will have more data within than 20 minutes in a 1 mile closed environment.

• Thumbs Up 1

Time spent in a level is not synonymous with level structure mass and distance.

3 minutes in a 6 mile stretch will have more data within than 20 minutes in a 1 mile closed environment.

I didn't say that how long you stay on a Stage the more space it takes.. -_-

What I am trying to say is.

Night Stages have 2 or 3 times more enemies than day Stages. Plus the HP thing.

They have more details in it as well. (The setting of day Stages are like a green Screen on TV.. Except all that things on the route of course.)

Oh and... a lot moving platforms.

Edited by Death the Kid

The problem is that the 360 uses dual layer DVDs which limits Sonic team to a maximum size of 8.5 gb :(

Imagine if this was a PS3 exclusive,and Sonic Team would make a game 25 gb in size,that would be awesome B)

Sorry 360 owners,but it's true :P

Edited by pppp
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1