Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

Fleetway Sonic? o_O

Reeks of Fleetway. :lol:

You guys... guys. I am disappoint.

But it doesn't matter who it is really, what matters is that we can get hackers to skin now. inb4 Classic Amy in Generations.

Edited by KCG

I'm sorry. But I have got back to the Stage/Boss list again.^^;

There was "Death Egg" listed. What I am confused about is..: Which "Death Egg"?

The one from Sonic 2 or Sonic 3? Is there any information about this out yet?

You guys... guys. I am disappoint.

But it doesn't matter who it is really, what matters is that we can get hackers to skin now. inb4 Classic Amy in Generations.

I was thinking of him. T-T

Yeah, but that's a bit strange, don't you think? I think you may literally need to break the game in pieces to at least do something like that.

And I thought Xbox 360 was very anti-hack; if you hacked your Xbox, you wouldn't be able to go on Live. I suppose games aren't all that different, right?

Note: I don't know much about this; I'm just making theories. Feel very, very free to tell me that I'm absolutely wrong. :P

Edited by Tatsumaki

That reminds me, was a standard shield texture also found along with the elemental ones?

Yeah, I remember seeing a standard green shield icon among the others in the leaked images.

I was thinking of him. T-T

Yeah, but that's a bit strange, don't you think? I think you may literally need to break the game in pieces to at least do something like that.

And I thought Xbox 360 was very anti-hack; if you hacked your Xbox, you wouldn't be able to go on Live. I suppose games aren't all that different, right?

Note: I don't know much about this; I'm just making theories. Feel very, very free to tell me that I'm absolutely wrong. :P

It's the PS3 version I've seen everyone hacking. Sonic Retro hacked into the Japanese PS3 demo soon after it went live.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's the PS3 version I've seen everyone hacking. Sonic Retro hacked into the Japanese PS3 demo soon after it went live.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks, Shadzter!

I've gotta say the more of Generations I see, the more excited I get. I'm buying an xbox just for this game. I'm greatful I've got until November to save up. The elemental shields are class :lol:

Nice decision, matey! Be sure to pick up Unleashed, '06 and ASR too.

Um, how is that possible? Japanese PSN is down. It's still down from the PSN outage.

EDIT: And the PS3 is unhackable since 3.6, so they couldn't have used a jailbroken PS3 to hack the game...

Edited by Spicylicious Girl

Um, how is that possible? Japanese PSN is down. It's still down from the PSN outage.

Oh yeah. Must have been the EU one then, as it did go live fairly early in the day.

EDIT:

Here's what I saw:

We’ve been taking a look at the Japanese PSN demo since it dropped early this morning and been tearing it to bits.

http://www.sonicretro.org/2011/06/morning-hacking-round-up-level-list-bosses-first-music-rips/

They must be confused XD I'd forgotten the Japanese PS Store is still down.

What.

Hey, man, don't dissss on the 06. xD

I'm actually planning on getting Sonic Unleashed, Generations, (duh :P) ASR, and 06, once I get my PS3 of course.

Why would I want 06?

Because I'd like to experiment that alleged piece of shit, that's why. :lol:

What.

Cheap, and it's a Sonic game. It's worth playing merely to experience it first hand, and can be fun at times (fun for all the WRONG reasons, but still :P)

So glad to see though sheilds in action. I hope they animated them more though when you use the secondary jump abilities.

What.

Eh, '06 is a glitchy mess, but it's not as bad as most of the fanbase makes out. I had a lot of fun in the multiplayer races, throwing everyone around as Silver, and cheating my way through as Sonic with his gem shoes.

Also, Team Attack Amigo, though you have to pay for it, is surprisingly more fun than the main game. Your mileage may vary, but I loved shooting down everything as Omega- he REALLY needs more screentime.

...Ignore the fact that I called '06 an 'abomination' somewhere in another thread.

• Thumbs Up 1

I guess, but personally I wouldn't recommend someone who got a Wii to get Shadow, Black Knight, and Unwiished just because they were cheap Sonic games, but to each their own.

EDIT: I mean, I liked Black Knight, but it's pretty rough around the edges, so I wouldn't tell anyone but a Sonic fan to look into it, but then again OPINIONS.

Though yeah, if you think you or you and your friends can get a laugh out of the game, I would recommend getting '06 if you can find it cheap.

Edited by Ekaje

I guess, but personally I wouldn't recommend someone who got a Wii to get Shadow, Black Knight, and Unwiished just because they were cheap Sonic games, but to each their own.

...I would. Shadow was fun, even if it did take itself a little too seriously. Unwiished was enjoyable, but not as good as the HD version.

...Also, I don't get where this hate for Black Knight (and Secret Rings) is coming from- I thought they were pretty decent titles. In fact, I'll be so bold as to say I really loved the game! It controlled a lot better than Secret Rings, and there was lots to do, even if the main game was quite short. I mean, yes, there's an element of 'Why does Sonic have a sword?', but then again, a bunch of people said that about ASR ('Why is Sonic in a car?'), and I saw plenty of others willing to defend it on the grounds that it was a kart racing game, and that's what you drive. Same principal.

ANYWAY. I think this is getting off topic now...

• Thumbs Up 2

To have fun with Sonic 2006, you need to get creative.

Since Sonic 06 is so cheap nowadays, I think I'd recommend the purchase to any Sonic fan, and Sonic fans only.

Reasons:

1. To see what the fuss is about.

2. To be able to talk with other members about it and be able to draw from experience.

3. The music is actually pretty good.

4. The bad physics can be funny.

So, as much as I dislike Sonic 2006, I'd recommend it for a one-time-playthrough for the story, and the occasional boot-up to mess around. Sonic 2006 DOES have some big worlds in it, as such there are plenty of opportunities to screw around and watch Sonic and co. glitch.

Beware the loading times, though. :P

Nice decision, matey! Be sure to pick up Unleashed and ASR too.

Fixed. Because we all know you made a mistake. :P

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

Fixed. Because we all know you made a mistake. :P

Already explained it, and now we're off topic.

Also, I wonder if M.Sonic will get to use the elemental shields? The Flame Jewel Dash and Magnetic pull would be pointless for him of course, but still. The bounce could prove to be crazy fun.

Edited by Blue Blood

Is the list of cut-scenes that have been leaked all of them or just some? I mean I heard that not all the data from the game was found out so i don't know. I really want to see a scene before the Perfect Chaos battle where modern Sonic jokes about the one guy saying "GO SONIC!"

I don't expect M. Sonic to have any shields.

Though, I didn't expect him to have invincibility either, and yet we find a music track especially for that.

If I could have a guess at what shields would be included, they'd probably be the traditional green shield, the blue magnet shield, and the red heat shield (as seen in Shadow)

No special attacks, but environmental interaction. If they include underwater levels, they can probably add the bubble shield, too.

I'm sorry. But I have got back to the Stage/Boss list again.^^;

There was "Death Egg" listed. What I am confused about is..: Which "Death Egg"?

The one from Sonic 2 or Sonic 3? Is there any information about this out yet?

No reply on my question? T_T

Anyone?

____

I'm not sure if Modern Sonic needs an elemental shield?

I mean. Boost attracts rings anyways, so no need for electric.

The fire shield... You can use homing attack or the boost.

The only what I could image is the normal and bubble shield. ^^

No reply on my question? T_T

Anyone?

As it's a boss stage, I'm going to guess it's the S2 version. The boss itself has been referred to as Death Egg before, so it's likely.

M. Sonic has already had the electric shield before. It just didn't allow for a double jump. Either in Adventure or Adventure 2, maybe both.... I forget.

Edited by speedfreak

M. Sonic has already had the electric shield before. It just didn't allow for a double jump.

That was during the Adventure era, when he didn't have the boost. The boost attracts rings making the electric shield pointless. :mellow: Edit: If they implement in the shield the double jump from colors just making it more usable that would be cool I guess.

Edited by dudehedgehogfan1996

That was during the Adventure era, when he didn't have the boost. The boost attracts rings making the electric shield pointless. :mellow:

Yeah I know, I was just saying is all. I don't think M. Sonic will get shields, but I don't think classic Sonic will get wisps so it evens out.

That was during the Adventure era, when he didn't have the boost. The boost attracts rings making the electric shield pointless. :mellow:

True, but the boost seems to be less powerful this time- the distance it grabs rings from looks to be cut down by about 2/3rds, enemies are placed more awkwardly to catch you off guard when you AREN'T boosting, and it takes more energy to use (and requires sacrificing a chunk of the energy just to activate). Also, there seems to be less of a chance to recharge the boost, so it's use will become more tactical in later levels, I'd assume.

So it's entirely possible the shields could be necessary in modern gameplay.

Also worth noting is that, as you mentioned, during the Adventure era, Sonic was able to bounce (with a powerup). With the bubble shield coming back, perhaps we may see Sonic regain that ability too?

Edited by ProfessorZolo