Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

I'm waiting for the first person to complain that the bubble shield is too floaty.

:mellow:

The bubble shield is far too floaty. Much more than the classic's, SEGA fix this atrocity!

Is this to your liking? :lol:

Edited by Balding Spider

Found this on Retro:

So I heard you guys like shields.

Sonic Team kicks ass! YES!YES!!!

Yeah, and I have been part of it for a better part of 10 years. So some welcome.

The sentiment is intended to draw attention to the fact that what you complained about already tends to happen.

The bubble shield is far too floaty. Much more than the classic's, SEGA fix this atrocity!
You forgot to add that Sonic is ruined forever. =)

Funny, because there are a couple of bell-ends at Retro who think its too floaty. Given what it is; a bubble, having slightly greater hang time is appropriate, it also gives it another positive attribute other than the bounce itself, it allows you to position yourself better when landing a jump.

I think its all fantastic.

Edited by Scar

People, remember that this was extracted from an EARLY build of the game; things might be improved upon in the final build, including the shields. So keep it cool, seriously.

Plus... well, this game has shields. Everyone's bitching is null and void.

Hooray.jpg

Edited by EXshad

People, remember that this was extracted from an EARLY build of the game; things might be improved upon in the final build, including the shields.

Hooray.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I'd be really disappointed if Ice Cap (and other stages like Aquarium Park) makes in Sonic Generations 3DS... I hope they don't try to add the best stages in that version because the rest of the game sucks.

Ice Cap would be a special DLC for Christmas for me.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Bad Quality Post 2

Shouldn't the bubble shield bounce highter each time? I know... it's still a beta.

Found this on Retro:

So I heard you guys like shields.

insert bitching about bubble shield having fixed bounce height here

insert praise for Sega getting the fire shield right after 17 years of absence here

I'm fairly sure it worked like SA2's Bounce Attack.

Or I just liked the Bounce Attack better than the Bubble Shield and forgot about it.

Bubble Shield was never my favorite shield anyway so I'm not that miffed. I'm just glad they fixed up the Fire Shield.

There are some people at Retro who say that accepting the floaty Bubble sheild is like accepting mediocrity, when that couldn't be farther from the truth. It is rather a lack of willingness to accept something different.

Glad the Flamey(what I called it when I was little) shield is back. My favorite shield. Bubble Shields floatyness is an improvement and reflects that its...a bubble. And a double jump is always appreciated.

I've gotta say the more of Generations I see, the more excited I get. I'm buying an xbox just for this game. I'm greatful I've got until November to save up. The elemental shields are class :lol:

Glad to see the elemental shields in action. They look like fun. You rock, Sonic Team! :D

I wonder what else we'll see soon.

What the fuck was that?

Edited by MrMetalloidMan
  • Thumbs Up 1

о_О

We're making skins already?

Although I'm surprised we're starting with "fancharacters." (Or rather Psyguy's persona.)

о_О

Reeks of Fleetway. :lol:

It seriously can't be a custom skin, right? I know that it's possible with all PC games, and some select games that have that sort of thing as an option, but then, what's that doing there?

Either this Demo is really easy to hack and mess with this sort of thing, the guy perhaps is trolling, or maybe Generations will have different skins for the characters (this I doubt, a lot).

Interesting. Shame we're unlikely to see the shields all over the place (I recall they weren't too common in the originals?), but nice to see them operational.

Also nice to see the electric shield get back it's original use- the double jump, as well as the ring pulling power.

Although admittedly, the first game I even knew had shields was Sonic Adventure 2 Battle!

That reminds me, was a standard shield texture also found along with the elemental ones?

And that video... it looks less intentional, and more like something just went wrong with the textures.

Edited by ProfessorZolo

Interesting. Shame we're unlikely to see the shields all over the place (I recall they weren't too common in the originals?), but nice to see them operational.

That reminds me, was a standard shield texture also found along with the elemental ones?

I'm sure there will be.

Maybe the uploader didn't show footage of that Shield because there's wasn't much to show off? Standard Shields are standard, after all.