Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

I did not know what to write this Topic, okay I will write here.

Surprisingly, found a strange thing:

http://www.gamehamme...auction_details

What does this all mean? Pirate accommodation?

I guess you can reserve the game.

Like at Ebay it is a private auction. The auction started at August 7th and ends at August 14th.

Bear with me a moment, I'll show you where all those routes are. They've been shown off in videos.

EDIT: My bad, wrong locations. But there's nothing to be surprised about. Multiple acts for both Sonics have been confirmed numerous times, and stages change during development.

Bear with me a moment, I'll show you where all those routes are. They've been shown off in videos.

EDIT: My bad, wrong locations. But there's nothing to be surprised about. Multiple acts for both Sonics have been confirmed numerous times, and stages change during development.

I got you. Uh remember that video 6+pages back? BOOOOOOSH to win? That video shows the routes.

Here is one of the routes where he slides under the big wall. Well it's different in this version compared to the picture. I'm 99% sure that's the same thing.

And the other I'm assuming. 2:20-3:05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp4yJjCHrSs

Edited by Eternal X

Looks like the 3D in a 2D area glitch is still here from Unleashed. sad.gif

I know it's not an upfront glitch, but it still looks incredibly easy to mimic.

Edited by Neon
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm fine with that. Those glitches are very hard to do generally and don't happen during normal play. When it does happen, it can make some cool stuff.

*video*

I don't get why you're upset/suprised about this. It's common of any game where control might switch from 2D to 3D. The 2D areas are still 3D technically, but to go 2D the player has to hit an invisible trigger which limits your control. A 2D-3D 'glitch' is activated by the player somehow avoiding the trigger.

• Thumbs Up 1

I dunno, I've seen all of the modern green hill videos and none of them have taken that route, and it didn't seem like there were any paths that lead there.

I found the second one, It's on a path to the side that takes you back to the main path right after the Emerald Hill esque swirl

And I'm not sure about the first one, but I believe I saw that after the area that falls apart

Edited by Cero

When has 3D in a 2D area ever been a bad thing? In some cases those can be some of the funnest glitches, at least when the 2D area is more detailed than in that example.

When has 3D in a 2D area ever been a bad thing? In some cases those can be some of the funnest glitches, at least when the 2D area is more detailed than in that example.

• Thumbs Up 1

Because any glitch/bug that so easily replicated reflects on the game negatively. I've had more fun exploiting the ridiculous glitches and bugs in '06 than by actually playing the game properly, but that's not really a good thing.

Ok I've been gone for a while but it looks like there's a debate about two portions of the trailer that aren't in the Modern level in the demo. Let me assure you that all footage form the trailer is from Act 1 and Act 2, no footage of GHZ comes from any other acts. The slide under bit is from an earlier build of act 2 and was removed before the demo build. Hell there are likely to be differences in both Act 1 and Act 2 in the final game.

Now about extra acts. Sadly, looking through the texture packs, I can say there aren't more than two acts for each location. There are 5 missions for each act however and looking at some of the mission names, I suspect that the mission versions of the level will be slightly designed different. For instance, notice how most of the acts in Sonic Colors are located in areas that we've been to before but with a completely different stage design. Look at Act 6 of Tropical Resort, it's set in the Act 3 environment but none of those platforms were there. I suspect that the missions will be like this. For instance, one mission in Seaside Hill is called "Giant Batabata" Batabata refers to the Choppers so "Giant Batabata" obviously refers to the Giant Chopper in GHZ Act 2. Somehow I doubt that a GHZ enemy will be present in the normal Modern Seaside Hill Level.

Now that I got that out of the way, I noticed something. One mission type is called "Switch". There's also a sound effect called "Switch" that is present in both Classic Sonic's file and Modern Sonic's file. The sound effect is the same sound effect used in Sonic 06 when you throw the sky gem. I suspect that while we probably won't be able to switch Classic and Modern Sonic into eachother's stages, we might have missions where they switch places. That could actually work out if they use locations and assets that won't freeze the game.

Finally, I'll be uploading a video on to YT later showing *drum roll*..........................THE SPIN DASH IN 3D as Classic Sonic in the Modern level.

• Thumbs Up 3

Ok I've been gone for a while but it looks like there's a debate about two portions of the trailer that aren't in the Modern level in the demo. Let me assure you that all footage form the trailer is from Act 1 and Act 2, no footage of GHZ comes from any other acts. The slide under bit is from an earlier build of act 2 and was removed before the demo build. Hell there are likely to be differences in both Act 1 and Act 2 in the final game.

Now about extra acts. Sadly, looking through the texture packs, I can say there aren't more than two acts for each location. There are 5 missions for each act however and looking at some of the mission names, I suspect that the mission versions of the level will be slightly designed different. For instance, notice how most of the acts in Sonic Colors are located in areas that we've been to before but with a completely different stage design. Look at Act 6 of Tropical Resort, it's set in the Act 3 environment but none of those platforms were there. I suspect that the missions will be like this. For instance, one mission in Seaside Hill is called "Giant Batabata" Batabata refers to the Choppers so "Giant Batabata" obviously refers to the Giant Chopper in GHZ Act 2. Somehow I doubt that a GHZ enemy will be present in the normal Modern Seaside Hill Level.

Now that I got that out of the way, I noticed something. One mission type is called "Switch". There's also a sound effect called "Switch" that is present in both Classic Sonic's file and Modern Sonic's file. The sound effect is the same sound effect used in Sonic 06 when you throw the sky gem. I suspect that while we probably won't be able to switch Classic and Modern Sonic into eachother's stages, we might have missions where they switch places. That could actually work out if they use locations and assets that won't freeze the game.

Finally, I'll be uploading a video on to YT later showing *drum roll*..........................THE SPIN DASH IN 3D as Classic Sonic in the Modern level.

I will be subscribing and waiting eagerly for that spindash video. Also, the "Switch" sound effect... all I can say is, inb4 crazy speculation about play as C in M. Not that I'm not against it, it just seems like a weird feature.

Edited by Skips

I will be subscribing and waiting eagerly for that spindash video. Also, the "Switch" sound effect... all I can say is, inb4 crazy speculation about play as C in M. Not that I'm not against it, it just seems like a weird feature.

Yeah but as a side mission I could kind of see it working. I mean remember in Eggmanland you switched between both Sonic and his Werehog form.

Yeah but as a side mission I could kind of see it working. I mean remember in Eggmanland you switched between both Sonic and his Werehog form.

Well yes, as a side mission, that comes off as perfect, but as a feature, I would probably not use it :/

Well yes, as a side mission, that comes off as perfect, but as a feature, I would probably not use it :/

Yeah I don't think it will be a feature.

Oh I hate to bring up a dead horse but you remember the whole canon debate a while back? Well Mission 5 in Modern Crisis City is called "Select Canon" not cannon, canon, as in the continuity kind of canon. Let me illustrate SEGA while they were writing this title:

SEGA: Trololololololololololololol

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I don't think it will be a feature.

Oh I hate to bring up a dead horse but you remember the whole canon debate a while back? Well Mission 5 in Modern Crisis City is called "Select Canon" not cannon, canon, as in the continuity kind of canon. Let me illustrate SEGA while they were writing this title:

SEGA: Trololololololololololololol

All references to the physical cannons found in Seaside Hill and some Crisis City missions are spelt "canon". It's a mistranslation.

• Thumbs Up 3

All references to the physical cannons found in Seaside Hill and some Crisis City missions are spelt "canon". It's a mistranslation.

Oh thank God!

• Thumbs Up 1

Damn it Jacktheinfinite101, now you got me shouting "BOOST!" whenever I play Unleashed.

On a serious note, I think that Sonic Team is trying to put this feature in, yet they are also juggling to iron out the glitches and finish the game first. Honestly, I'd rather have a fun Generations game with poor extra content, then a Poor Generations game with excellent Extra content.

Either way the fans will complain. lol.

Damn it Jacktheinfinite101, now you got me shouting "BOOST!" whenever I play Unleashed.

On a serious note, I think that Sonic Team is trying to put this feature in, yet they are also juggling to iron out the glitches and finish the game first. Honestly, I'd rather have a fun Generations game with poor extra content, then a Poor Generations game with excellent Extra content.

Either way the fans will complain. lol.

For the record I am shouting "BOOSH!"

For the record I am shouting "BOOSH!"

Ah, sometimes I thought I heard Boost!, other times I thought I heard Woosh!