Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

No relation includes story. Had 06 still been canon, Unleashed would have been Sonic's next adventure after the ending of 06, but since they have no relation whatsoever, that means that they aren't in the same continuity as they are not related by continuity. Now because of this retcon, Unleashed is the next story after the ending of Shadow the hedgehog.

As for people asking about the hard mode, all 6 bosses have a hard mode but not the levels to my knowledge.

Colors and Unleashed dont have any relation too. Does that make Unleashed Non-canon?

About Blaze. There are 2 Blazes because the whole transitsion theory have serious hole in it.

If time was retckoned there are 2 options:

1. There is no Iblis so Blaze never went to another dimesnion (wchich is proved by physics)

2. Fans asume that Blaze after going to another dimension isnt affected by changes in orgin dimesion timeline. There is a mystery that proves it wrong. WHERE IS IBLIS? If Blaze after going to other dimension wasnt affect by retckon then why Iblis was. Thats why this theory is false.

Second thing in some games (Colors DS and Mario and Sonic Winter olympics but I am not sure about 2nd one) Blaze and Silver are considerated as Team/Partners. Does game can be un-canon (M&S surely is but we can argue about Colors DS). But even if then why Sonic Team consider them as Team if story-wise Rush Blaze and Silver dont even know each other.

Thats why there are 2 Blazes. Future one and Rush one. Future one probably will be used in Generations HD and Rush one will be boss in 3DS version.

Oh and you said that she is counterpart of Sonic and Knuckles in Rush dimension. Even if its true than that actually proves 2 Blazes theory. One from Future (mainstream one that know Silver) and Rush one.

All right back on topic.

Maybe this kill actor thingy is option to turn off voices durning stages?

Colors and Unleashed dont have any relation too. Does that make Unleashed Non-canon?

About Blaze. There are 2 Blazes because the whole transitsion theory have serious hole in it.

If time was retckoned there are 2 options:

1. There is no Iblis so Blaze never went to another dimesnion (wchich is proved by physics)

2. Fans asume that Blaze after going to another dimension isnt affected by changes in orgin dimesion timeline. There is a mystery that proves it wrong. WHERE IS IBLIS? If Blaze after going to other dimension wasnt affect by retckon then why Iblis was. Thats why this theory is false.

Second thing in some games (Colors DS and Mario and Sonic Winter olympics but I am not sure about 2nd one) Blaze and Silver are considerated as Team/Partners. Does game can be un-canon (M&S surely is but we can argue about Colors DS). But even if then why Sonic Team consider them as Team if story-wise Rush Blaze and Silver dont even know each other.

Thats why there are 2 Blazes. Future one and Rush one. Future one probably will be used in Generations HD and Rush one will be boss in 3DS version.

Oh and you said that she is counterpart of Sonic and Knuckles in Rush dimension. Even if its true than that actually proves 2 Blazes theory. One from Future (mainstream one that know Silver) and Rush one.

Let's wait for Generations on Blaze because this goes back to the whole "are the handhelds and console titles in the same cannon queston" I stringly believe however that there aren't two Blazes in the same canon.

Also they didn't say Colors and Unleashed have no relation and they do, they have the same gameplay and they go out of their way to include several similarities between the two titles that aren't even necessary. When I LP'ed Coiors, I did a drinking game where you take a drink every time there's an Unleashed reference. The counter read somewhere around 153 when I stopped the drinking game, and I missed A LOT of references. They don't say it but Colors is basically Unleashed 2 and Generations is Unleashed 3. Either way Colors wasn't a reboot, Unleashed was and kind of like when they tried to make the Superman movies good again with Superman Returns, they did a reboot, but only made it not canon with the two bad ones, SEGA basically did the same thing with Unleashed (I actually think Secret Rings was good but they wanted to make a spin-off series with that game).

So Unleashed and Colors are related unless said otherwise, just like with all the main series titles.

P.S. I'm pretty sure the Olympic games are non-canon. I don't think Mario or any of his characters actually exist in the Sonic continuity.

P.S. I'm pretty sure the Olympic games are non-canon. I don't think Mario or any of his characters actually exist in the Sonic continuity.

What I said. I meant (M&S definetly is Un-cannon). And maybe you are right about 2 canons. But I still think mainstream series Blaze is the one from future.

About hard mode for bosses. I am really glad they included something like this. And I think this Kill Actor thingy is option to turn off voices in stages (maybe in co-op chars. Will talk unless you turn it off) wasnt that kind of option in Black Knight?

PS Have you found any files of rival bosses about who battles them? If no then I am sure both battles them.

Let's wait for Generations on Blaze because this goes back to the whole "are the handhelds and console titles in the same cannon queston" I stringly believe however that there aren't two Blazes in the same canon.

Also they didn't say Colors and Unleashed have no relation and they do, they have the same gameplay and they go out of their way to include several similarities between the two titles that aren't even necessary. When I LP'ed Coiors, I did a drinking game where you take a drink every time there's an Unleashed reference. The counter read somewhere around 153 when I stopped the drinking game, and I missed A LOT of references. They don't say it but Colors is basically Unleashed 2 and Generations is Unleashed 3. Either way Colors wasn't a reboot, Unleashed was and kind of like when they tried to make the Superman movies good again with Superman Returns, they did a reboot, but only made it not canon with the two bad ones, SEGA basically did the same thing with Unleashed (I actually think Secret Rings was good but they wanted to make a spin-off series with that game).

So Unleashed and Colors are related unless said otherwise, just like with all the main series titles.

Of course the Olympic games are non-canon. I'd also like to add that Black Knight (And Free Riders) fit invetween Unleashed and Colours. If you've played Unleashed, you should know that you can go on a date with Amy "after all this is over". This is very likely the same date that Sonic has in Black Knight.

Of course the Olympic games are non-canon. I'd also like to add that Black Knight (And Free Riders) fit invetween Unleashed and Colours. If you've played Unleashed, you should know that you can go on a date with Amy "after all this is over". This is very likely the same date that Sonic has in Black Knight.

NO NO NO!!!

Sorry about that but that date question in Unleashed has nothing to do with the continuity, it's just a piece of fan-service, they aren't going to refernce something that they let you pick yes or no to. Also I firmly disbelieve Sonic ever was going to have a date with Amy, I believe she just deluded herself into thinking she was on a date because Sonic would never go out with her willingly. Yuji Naka as himself said he can't see Sonic in a relationship and that Amy will probably always be chasing him trying to be his girlfriend. Besides the Storybook series is non-canon.

Also don't try to place the spin-off titles into continuity with the main series. They are in the same canon, but there's no specific set time for them unless said otherwise (like with Sonic Chronicles). For instance, the events of Sonic Rush are canon, but we don't know if they happened before or after Unleashed

NO NO NO!!!

Sorry about that but that date question in Unleashed has nothing to do with the continuity, it's just a piece of fan-service, they aren't going to refernce something that they let you pick yes or no to. Also I firmly disbelieve Sonic ever was going to have a date with Amy, I believe she just deluded herself into thinking she was on a date because Sonic would never go out with her willingly. Yuji Naka as himself said he can't see Sonic in a relationship and that Amy will probably always be chasing him trying to be his girlfriend. Besides the Storybook series is non-canon.

Also don't try to place the spin-off titles into continuity with the main series. They are in the same canon, but there's no specific set time for them unless said otherwise (like with Sonic Chronicles). For instance, the events of Sonic Rush are canon, but we don't know if they happened before or after Unleashed

They could be set, you know, when they were released. Why don't you know if it's not before Unleashed? It came out before, it's set before unless stated. Also, Chronicles isn't canon.

Edited by Neon

What I said. I meant (M&S definetly is Un-cannon). And maybe you are right about 2 canons. But I still think mainstream series Blaze is the one from future.

About hard mode for bosses. I am really glad they included something like this. And I think this Kill Actor thingy is option to turn off voices in stages (maybe in co-op chars. Will talk unless you turn it off) wasnt that kind of option in Black Knight?

PS Have you found any files of rival bosses about who battles them? If no then I am sure both battles them.

No I haven't but I doubt both battle them so don't give your hopes up. They don't have that same template for the levels either so the Rival bosses will probably only be fought by one. Remember,: believe half of what you see and none of what you hear. Just because the magazine said it doesn't mean it's true and since they couldn't fork over any images, I'm calling bullshit.

Also I still say there can't be two Blazes. My guess is Generations will say that Blaze is from a different dimension and tie it to the Rush games but put her in Crisis City as an homage to story that was put together at the last minute to basically cameo Blaze in 06. If you think about it, since the friends' appearances are about Sonic saving HIS friends, it makes sense to include the version of Blaze that Sonic is friends with. In 06 she was with Sonic at one point and they didn't have a single interaction. There's no point to using the Blaze that knows Silver well because we probably won't even see Silver again in the game after the boss fight.

They could be set, you know, when they were released. Why don't you know if it's not before Unleashed? It came out before, it's set before unless stated. Also, Chronicles isn't canon.

Yes it is. It is set place two years after the rest of the titles, so it's still canon, but not in the way of anything. Also do you really think Sonic just randomly changed his wardrobe three times? My guess is the Sonic Riders games all take place very close to one another.

Also I'd like to note that release doesn't always place the continuity. Sonic 4 is the prime example. I do place the Rush games in continuity by release too, but that doesn't make it the truth. Nothing about continuity only said by the fans is true, it only becomes true when said by SEGA or Sonic Team. So nobody knows the truth other than Sonic's GOD (SEGA).

Edited by Jacktheinfinite101

NO NO NO!!!

About Rushes and Rivals. For me its easy. Unleashed and Colors (Wii ver.) are basicaly prquels to Sonic Adventure for me. Rush happen before 06 then 06 Blaze dont remember Sonic because its differen Blaze. And after retckon Rivals series takes place when Sonic meet Silver. So last in continuity woulb be Rivals. I explained somewhere why mentioned games are prequels.

No I haven't but I doubt both battle them so don't give your hopes up. They don't have that same template for the levels either so the Rival bosses will probably only be fought by one. Remember,: believe half of what you see and none of what you hear. Just because the magazine said it doesn't mean it's true and since they couldn't fork over any images, I'm calling bullshit.

Also I still say there can't be two Blazes. My guess is Generations will say that Blaze is from a different dimension and tie it to the Rush games but put her in Crisis City as an homage to story that was put together at the last minute to basically cameo Blaze in 06. If you think about it, since the friends' appearances are about Sonic saving HIS friends, it makes sense to include the version of Blaze that Sonic is friends with. In 06 she was with Sonic at one point and they didn't have a single interaction. There's no point to using the Blaze that knows Silver well because we probably won't even see Silver again in the game after the boss fight.

Yes it is. It is set place two years after the rest of the titles, so it's still canon, but not in the way of anything. Also do you really think Sonic just randomly changed his wardrobe three times? My guess is the Sonic Riders games all take place very close to one another.

IIRC is was officially stated be Sega as non-canon. Either way, the actual events in the game make little sence. The game may as well be set in the Archie universe.

Also I'd like to note that release doesn't always place the continuity. Sonic 4 is the prime example. I do place the Rush games in continuity by release too, but that doesn't make it the truth. Nothing about continuity only said by the fans is true, it only becomes true when said by SEGA or Sonic Team. So nobody knows the truth other than Sonic's GOD (SEGA).

I said, unless stated. I.e. Sonic Battle goes after Shadow and Sonic 4 goes after Sonic 3&K.

Edited by Neon

Well maybe not but we will definetly see him again in series and that need explanation. I still think there are 2 Blazes.

Well maybe not but we will definetly see him again in series and that need explanation. I still think there are 2 Blazes.

The explanation is simple, use the Rivals canon and leave any connection they had in 06 out. Which Hashimoto already basically said when he said that 06 is non-canon. Now hopefully it stays non-canon in Generations.

IIRC is was officially stated be Sega as non-canon. Either way, the actual events in the game make little sence. The game may as well be set in the Archie universe.

Well could you find me some source of their claim? I really want to know if that's true because BIoware's take was that it takes place two years after every other Sonic game.

The explanation is simple, use the Rivals canon and leave any connection they had in 06 out. Which Hashimoto already basically said when he said that 06 is non-canon. Now hopefully it stays non-canon in Generations.

Well could you find me some source of their claim? I really want to know if that's true because BIoware's take was that it takes place two years after every other Sonic game.

Even if we use Rivals canon they still have conection- EGGMAN NEGA. And why you think that there cant be 2 Blazes in one canon. This is actually whole Alternative dimension purporse.

I will quote my physics Profesor here (Thanks for all things he thought me and will teach me in future) "Alternative dimension is a place where can be the same date (progression of time but lets try to put this simple) there can be you or me but they can be different. There can be infinite numbers of alterntative dimensions because every second here can be changed in one of other dimesions." Physics scientists proved existence of other dimensions. We just cant discover them now. Maybe in future.

But back on topic? What if Rush dimension that we know from SRA is distant future of its dimension. The Blaze and EGGMAN Nega can be counterparts of Blaze and EGGMAN Nega that live in distant future of Sonic dimension along with Silver. Who ever asumed that Blaze is counterpart of Sonic and Knuckles? Fans! Its speculation. You will ask if there are 2 Negas and Blazes then where is Silver? Maybe his counterpart dont live in Rush dimension or maybe it will live ir lived already? Remember anything in Sonic dimesion can have different version in Rush dimension.

Edited by HUNTER297
  • Thumbs Up 1

Even if we use Rivals canon they still have conection- EGGMAN NEGA. And why you think that there cant be 2 Blazes in one canon. This is actually whole Alternative dimension purporse.

I will quote my physics Profesor here (Thanks for all things he thought me and will teach me in future) "Alternative dimension is a place where can be the same date (progression of time but lets try to put this simple) there can be you or me but they can be different. There can be infinite numbers of alterntative dimensions because every second here can be changed in one of other dimesions." Physics scientists proved existence of other dimensions. We just cant discover them now. Maybe in future.

But back on topic? What if Rush dimension that we know from SRA is distant future of its dimension. The Blaze and EGGMAN Nega can be counterparts of Blaze and EGGMAN Nega that live in distant future of Sonic dimension along with Silver. Who ever asumed that Blaze is counterpart of Sonic and Knuckles? Fans! Its speculation. You will ask if there are 2 Negas and Blazes then where is Silver? Maybe his counterpart dont live in Rush dimension or maybe it will live ir lived already? Remember anything in Sonic dimesion can have different version in Rush dimension.

I don't want two of the same character running around because it divides their value, it doesn't double it. I hate this in general when they try to bring back a character through a clone. I always say "Just bring them back from the dead or offer some explanation that they were never dead." Having two different versions of one character in the story forces you to split up character development that should all belong to one character.

If you want an explanation for Eggman Nega, here's one: When he got trapped in the Ifrit's dimension, he tried to build a device that would send him back to Sonic's dimension but accidentally got stranded in Blaze's dimension and decided to try to rule her world and later decided to enlist the help of the man he tried to kill, but at an earlier point in time so he will trust him.

Or alternatively we could use your two people theory on Eggman Nega and say that one is locked in eternal conflict with Silver and one is locked in eternal conflict with Blaze. I say this because Eggman Nega will probably never be in another Sonic game that isn't a sequel to Rivals 2 or Rush Adventure. Blaze and Silver on the other hand, are going to be in the series more and you should only have one of each character running around so you don't have to divide up all the character development. It's better if there's only one Blaze that can meet silver for the first time in some future title and knows Sonic very well then if we have a Blaze that knows Sonic and a Blaze that Knows Silver. I mean we have 2 Sonics in Generations but they're the same Sonic.

Also let me explain something. Blaze is the Sol Dimension version of Sonic and possibly Knuckles. Think about it, her shoes look like Sonics, her running animation is a combination of Sonic's Classic and Modern running animations, she can run fast, calls upon the power of seven special gems, guards an item of importance to her family, and fights a maniacal fat guy with a crazy mustache who makes robots. Do I need to go on? Eggman Nega, even if he is Eggman's descendant, fills the role of being his alt. dimension counterpart as well through his actions. Marine is also the counterpart to Tails.

Silver is basically the legacy of Sonic. I don't mean they're related but I mean he's the Sonic of his time as he continuously saves the world from Eggman's descendant.

What does Sonic 06 have to do with the hidden assets of the Generations Demo?

• Thumbs Up 5

I don't want two of the same character running around because it divides their value, it doesn't double it. I hate this in general when they try to bring back a character through a clone. I always say "Just bring them back from the dead or offer some explanation that they were never dead." Having two different versions of one character in the story forces you to split up character development that should all belong to one character.

If you want an explanation for Eggman Nega, here's one: When he got trapped in the Ifrit's dimension, he tried to build a device that would send him back to Sonic's dimension but accidentally got stranded in Blaze's dimension and decided to try to rule her world and later decided to enlist the help of the man he tried to kill, but at an earlier point in time so he will trust him.

Or alternatively we could use your two people theory on Eggman Nega and say that one is locked in eternal conflict with Silver and one is locked in eternal conflict with Blaze. I say this because Eggman Nega will probably never be in another Sonic game that isn't a sequel to Rivals 2 or Rush Adventure. Blaze and Silver on the other hand, are going to be in the series more and you should only have one of each character running around so you don't have to divide up all the character development. It's better if there's only one Blaze that can meet silver for the first time in some future title and knows Sonic very well then if we have a Blaze that knows Sonic and a Blaze that Knows Silver. I mean we have 2 Sonics in Generations but they're the same Sonic.

Also let me explain something. Blaze is the Sol Dimension version of Sonic and possibly Knuckles. Think about it, her shoes look like Sonics, her running animation is a combination of Sonic's Classic and Modern running animations, she can run fast, calls upon the power of seven special gems, guards an item of importance to her family, and fights a maniacal fat guy with a crazy mustache who makes robots. Do I need to go on? Eggman Nega, even if he is Eggman's descendant, fills the role of being his alt. dimension counterpart as well through his actions. Marine is also the counterpart to Tails.

Silver is basically the legacy of Sonic. I don't mean they're related but I mean he's the Sonic of his time as he continuously saves the world from Eggman's descendant.

I think best option will be to make both Blazes one character that know both Sonic and Silver. In future title lets say that Silver by accident went to other dimension using some future device. And later they help each other sometime. This way we will have another 3 person team (Silver, Blaze anc Marine) without changing backstories. Dont you agree?

Oh about Nega we actually have evidence that there are 2 of them. Because Future Nega is enemy of EGGMAN while Rush Nega is his ally. I think NEGA should be exclusive to Rivals Rush and one more handeld series involoving Sonic, Shadow, Silver and Blaze (because 3 EGGMANS would FTW :P maybe on Vita? I hope so.

While in main series Sonic should have contact with Blaze and Silver to call them for help (or just Silver will have device that will make him imunne to time changes and when time will mess up he will contact Blaze and Marine and go to past fix it and meet Sonic and friends in this adventure. This way we wont hurt story while involving Silver and Blaze.) But we are going seriously off-top. I will later make thread about it.

What does Sonic 06 have to do with the hidden assets of the Generations Demo?

because crisis city was leaked

• Thumbs Up 1

Guys, if there's nothing else to discuss in regards to the assets of the Generations demo, I'm seriously going to consider locking this topic up. Over half of the pages in recent history have been to things pertaining all but the demo and the assets, and there are plenty of topics elsewhere to discuss this stuff. This isn't just speaking from the current discussion going on, but this topic is filled to the brim with pages of off-topic subjects and quite frankly it's being a bit pointless to have.

• Thumbs Up 4

I think best option will be to make both Blazes one character that know both Sonic and Silver. In future title lets say that Silver by accident went to other dimension using some future device. And later they help each other sometime. This way we will have another 3 person team (Silver, Blaze anc Marine) without changing backstories. Dont you agree?

Oh about Nega we actually have evidence that there are 2 of them. Because Future Nega is enemy of EGGMAN while Rush Nega is his ally. I think NEGA should be exclusive to Rivals Rush and one more handeld series involoving Sonic, Shadow, Silver and Blaze (because 3 EGGMANS would FTW tongue.gif maybe on Vita? I hope so.

While in main series Sonic should have contact with Blaze and Silver to call them for help (or just Silver will have device that will make him imunne to time changes and when time will mess up he will contact Blaze and Marine and go to past fix it and meet Sonic and friends in this adventure. This way we wont hurt story while involving Silver and Blaze.) But we are going seriously off-top. I will later make thread about it.

Don't make a thread about it because there's not much more to say on this so it'd be a waste. I do think that Blaze and Silver should know eachother but I think there should only be one blaze that uses the Rush continuity because the only thing of value from the 06 version is that she knows Silver whereas in Rush they give her a lot of depth, personalty and backstory. She should meet Silver at some point, which she did in Colors DS. SEGA seems to have done this by decanonizing 06 and replacing it with Unleashed and putting Blaze and Silver together in the DS version of Colors but with their handheld back-stories in place.

I highly doubt that any explanation from SEGA will be extremely long and not have sonic be off screen for more than 2 minutes. Izuka said in an interview that a lesson he took away from Colors that he is apllying to making Generations isw to go with simple stories. So don't expect the explanations for Sonic's friends to be any more complex than they were in the DS version of Colors, if not less complex. Now I believe it will be Rush Blaze because it's simple business logic. To understand either Blaze, you need to play (or watch on YT) the game that they are referenceing so they would be more likely to include the more popular title, which is Sonic Rush. They don't want to give out the message to buy and play Sonic 06, I believe they want that game to fade into obscurity. Though I would like them to salvage the good ideas from the game, like Mephiles, A.K.A the most kick ass villain in the franchise. I'd love to see him in a good game and continue to hope he's the Time Eater.

Guys, if there's nothing else to discuss in regards to the assets of the Generations demo, I'm seriously going to consider locking this topic up. Over half of the pages in recent history have been to things pertaining all but the demo and the assets, and there are plenty of topics elsewhere to discuss this stuff. This isn't just speaking from the current discussion going on, but this topic is filled to the brim with pages of off-topic subjects and quite frankly it's being a bit pointless to have.

DON'T I've still been providing demo content. Hell in reality, these long discussion stem from hidden assets of the demo.

Alright here's something, I just found out that you get chaos emeralds when you beat the bosses.

Also since all this off-topic shit has come from Crisis City, I took the liberty of checking if there are any cutscenes ("Events" as they are called) pertaining to Crisis City, I saw none. There Crisis City has no reason to be there other than for the sake of representing 06.

Crisis City: Hi guys.

Other Stages: Wait why are you here, you're not even canon?

Crisis City: I know, I'm just here to make my obligatory cameo.

Alright here's something, I just found out that you get chaos emeralds when you beat the bosses.

I freaking KNEW IT!!! You arent joking right? Then I guessed it some pages back. :)

Whoa, they actually are putting in Crisis City just because? Interesting.

The Chaos Emeralds from the bosses...? What are the red rings for?

Wait, huh? Jack, could we possibly see the code where you got this from, since you've been awesome enough to post the code from other parts of the game to prove what you're saying is true?

Was going to say what Inferno said. Interesting. Anyway, awesome work Jack. biggrin.gif Any more info on cutscenes?

Edited by Neon