Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but in the assets, there was a screen that had that said "Change Music". I was just wondering what people besides myself think that could entail. Do you think it'll let you swap the Classic and Modern tracks? Maybe tracks will be unlockable (such as Angel Island in Green Hill (like the All-star games))? Or something as simple as unlocking the original track for Classic stages/Modern stages?

Plus with Metal Sonic, a feature like this could be used to swap the JP/EU Stardust Speedway and US versions of the song, that is if they don't use a new song or Sonic Boom or something. Just a thought.

QQmMb.png

So apparently they completely scrapped the missions and are only giving us 1 missions for each Sonic for every level

Also I wonder what Main Stage implies (maybe the hub world?)

What is Chaos energy?

I think Chaos Energy are those glowing lights that go into Sonic when he hits an enemy or does a combo.

Made me think of Chaos Drives.

Chaosdrivegreen.png

ibn4chaoworldspeculation

It made me think of that at first as well, but I doubt that there'll be Chao Worlds.

Edited by SegaTidbits

On the subject of Chaos/Chaos tongue.gif , did the demo contain any hints towards a chao world? I for one would love one.

inb4thegamedoesntneedachaoworld

The game doesn't need a chao world. Then again it would pacify the people screaming for the return of chao gardens.

On the subject of Chaos/Chaos tongue.gif , did the demo contain any hints towards a chao world? I for one would love one.

Kind of a daft question. If there was any mention of one, it would common knowledge now. Chaos Energy is just going to be what fills up the boost gauge.

Edited by Blue Blood

Kind of a daft question. If there was any mention of one, it would common knowledge now. Chaos Energy is just going to be what fills up the boost gauge.

It's not as if we got all of the information day one. We're still finding new information and assets right now.

So apparently they completely scrapped the missions and are only giving us 1 missions for each Sonic for every level

Where did you get an idea like that? No one has said anything about scrapping the missions. All of this info is coming from the sane demo that told us about the missions.

It's not as if we got all of the information day one. We're still finding new information and assets right now.

Edited by Blue Blood

I'm not sure where you got the "scrapping missions" idea. Underneath "Challenge ACT 2" is has 1,2,3,4, and 5, which if I remember correctly, there were about 5 missions per act, right? So Challenge Act 2-1, 2-2, etc. and such seems to make sense.

What is Chaos energy?

Oh about Colors DS. I played it (long ago tho) and from what I remember there is no statment that they dont know each other. There is a statment that Blaze is from Rush dimension. But they know each other now and with current direction series is going I dont expect explanation. I really care about canon but you know what? I dont care for explanation now and if they know each other now we solved last series mystery and can consider 06 as non-canon.

Oh and by the way. Am I the only one who want brand new tracks for Rival Bosses? If no then I expect Metal to have Sonic Boom/You can do Anything remix and for other Rivals Live and Learn and His World remixes.

You knew Stardust Speedway was going to be in Sonic Generations just from the leaked stuff? Or that the version of Metal Sonic that'd be in the game was Classic? Jinkies.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 2

I wouldn't be surprised if a Chao Garden became seperate DLC.

I'd be incredibly surprised if they add entirely new stages as DLC, and even more so if they build a whole A-Life game for download. It's probably one of the least likely things to happen.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's "cannon" with a typo.

how can it be an actual "cannon" if there was non in the whole stage?

Edited by revlis1

I believe Chaos Energy is the internal name for the boost energy.

Also if you S-Rank (you have to S-Rank it) Sweet Mountain Mission 3, Sonic and Tails note how Silver and Blaze worked together very well and were in perfect synch and Tails says "Maybe you were partners somewhere some time." The conversation between Silver and Blaze before Tails's remark makes it obvious that this is their first time meeting eachother.

damn i hope

Thats what I thought at the beggining but its Classic Sonic coding.

About Blaze and Silver. I give you this point. You are right. If they know each other then we can assume that everything 06 ruined is fixed.

Edited by revlis1

Thats what I thought at the beggining but its Classic Sonic coding.

About Blaze and Silver. I give you this point. You are right. If they know each other then we can assume that everything 06 ruined is fixed.

Edited by Jacktheinfinite101

I believe Chaos Energy is the internal name for the boost energy.

Also if you S-Rank (you have to S-Rank it) Sweet Mountain Mission 3, Sonic and Tails note how Silver and Blaze worked together very well and were in perfect synch and Tails says "Maybe you were partners somewhere some time." The conversation between Silver and Blaze before Tails's remark makes it obvious that this is their first time meeting eachother.

This is a cool reference. biggrin.gif

Guys, just because Colours DS is non-canon doesn't stop that fact that the Sonic Team's writers know about the whole Blaze/Silver thing. We should be noting the fact that they're reffering to it, it also shows that Rush and Rivals can definitely both be canon simultaneously. Something i believed from the start.

Edited by Neon

Guy, just because Colours DS is non-canon doesn't stop that fact that the Sonic Team's writers know about the whole Blaze/Silver thing. We should be noting the fact that they're reffering to it, it also means that Rush and Rivals can both be canon simultaneously.

Rushes and Rivals are part of official Sonic series mainstream canon (still searching for that stupid confirmation link) and are considerated to happen this way: 1.06 2. Rivals 1 3. Rush 1 4. Sonic Unleashed5. Rush Adventure 6.Rivals 27.Colors (The list just say Colors it doesnt mention wchich version)But yeah we are getting offtopic. (again...) so better stay on what we have. Besides I hate talking about continiuty that involves dimensionall/time travel without having acess to computer, Paint/Fotoshop and screen from back to the future where he says "Great Scot!" so I can post it.On topic:@Jacki Have you found anything about title screen? I know its strange question. PS I dont kno whats happening with posting.

Edited by HUNTER297

how can it be an actual "cannon" if there was non in the whole stage?

Because they add things to stages, especially when there are extra missions. Seaside Hill has a mission involving the Giant Chopper from Green Hill for example.

It's "cannon", even the textures in the game refer to them with only a single n. Stop deluding yourself into thinking it's anything else.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 2

Rushes and Rivals are part of official Sonic series mainstream canon (still searching for that stupid confirmation link) and are considerated to happen this way: 1.06 2. Rivals 1 3. Rush 1 4. Sonic Unleashed5. Rush Adventure 6.Rivals 27.Colors (The list just say Colors it doesnt mention wchich version)But yeah we are getting offtopic. (again...) so better stay on what we have. Besides I hate talking about continiuty that involves dimensionall/time travel without having acess to computer, Paint/Fotoshop and screen from back to the future where he says "Great Scot!" so I can post it.On topic:@Jacki Have you found anything about title screen? I know its strange question. PS I dont kno whats happening with posting.

Yeah. AAUK said they can both be canon. Although it would go like this...

Rivals 1+2 > Secret Rings (If you consider canon.) > Rush 1+2 > Zero Gravity > Unleashed > Black Knight (If you consider canon.) > Free Riders > Colours (Wii) > Generations.