Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

Ah, sometimes I thought I heard Boost!, other times I thought I heard Woosh!

I say Woosh when I do Spin Dashes.

Dude no offense but that was loud and sort of annoying, something i don't need to hear at midnight.

Can you make an alternate video without the commentary?

Dude no offense but that was loud and sort of annoying, something i don't need to hear at midnight.

Can you make an alternate video without the commentary?

or you could mute the video and watch it during the day

• Thumbs Up 5

Its not such a big request unless jack here takes a huge insult to it. I just don't like commentary in videos in general.

And what difference does it make if i watch during the day or night?

I second that.

Trust me it's a bigger pain in the ass for me to make another one.

Its not such a big request unless jack here takes a huge insult to it. I just don't like commentary in videos in general.

And what difference does it make if i watch during the day or night?

I see the commentary as necessary for this video as it instructs how to get the spin dash to work. I'm not saying it isn't annoying. Hell I was surprised at how loud I was. I actually edited it to make it quieter before uploading it.

I second that. Trust me it's a bigger pain in the ass for me to make another one.

Well wait what about the raw video you had before you started your commentary? can't you just upload that with the instructions on how to get the spin dash working in the description?

Well wait what about the raw video you had before you started your commentary? can't you just upload that with the instructions on how to get the spin dash working in the description?

It takes hours to render the file, then hours to upload it. It takes less than a second to mute the video.

It takes hours to render the file, then hours to upload it. It takes less than a second to mute the video.

Whatever man, don't then. Didn't think this would cause such a huge problem...

So this Crisis City mission. Its canon or cannon. I would love to choose if 06 was canon or not and then Story changes..... WAIT! Its a Pool! SEGA think they are so clever. They want to know our impression from stage thats why this mission is last one for Crisis City. I mean avreage person would say "Such great level deserves to be canon/Such lame level doesnt deserve to be canon."

Conspiracy...........

So this Crisis City mission. Its canon or cannon. I would love to choose if 06 was canon or not and then Story changes..... WAIT! Its a Pool! SEGA think they are so clever. They want to know our impression from stage thats why this mission is last one for Crisis City. I mean avreage person would say "Such great level deserves to be canon/Such lame level doesnt deserve to be canon."

Conspiracy...........

It's "cannon" with a typo.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but in the assets, there was a screen that had that said "Change Music". I was just wondering what people besides myself think that could entail. Do you think it'll let you swap the Classic and Modern tracks? Maybe tracks will be unlockable (such as Angel Island in Green Hill (like the All-star games))? Or something as simple as unlocking the original track for Classic stages/Modern stages?

Plus with Metal Sonic, a feature like this could be used to swap the JP/EU Stardust Speedway and US versions of the song, that is if they don't use a new song or Sonic Boom or something. Just a thought.

QQmMb.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but in the assets, there was a screen that had that said "Change Music". I was just wondering what people besides myself think that could entail. Do you think it'll let you swap the Classic and Modern tracks? Maybe tracks will be unlockable (such as Angel Island in Green Hill (like the All-star games))? Or something as simple as unlocking the original track for Classic stages/Modern stages?

Plus with Metal Sonic, a feature like this could be used to swap the JP/EU Stardust Speedway and US versions of the song, that is if they don't use a new song or Sonic Boom or something. Just a thought.

QQmMb.png

Personally I say they go with the Sonic Boom remix for Metal Sonic.

Conspiracy...........

It was a typo thankfully. Crisis City will technically be canon again by being in Sonic Generations, even if they don't reference it in the story. See I want that place to be canon too, what I don't want is the most of the continuity in 06 to be canon again because it brings up too many plot-holes.

Oh yeah BTW that two Blazes theory got blown completely out of the water because I played Sonic Colors DS again recently and as it turns out, S-Ranking the character missions unlocks extra dialogue from them and S-Ranking the mission with both Silver and Blaze reveals that neither knew eachother. There's a quick nod to 06 but it's made clear that nobody has any knowledge about it.

Edited by Jacktheinfinite101

Oh yeah BTW that two Blazes theory got blown completely out of the water because I played Sonic Colors DS again recently and as it turns out, S-Ranking the character missions unlocks extra dialogue from them and S-Ranking the mission with both Silver and Blaze reveals that neither knew eachother. There's a quick nod to 06 but it's made clear that nobody has any knowledge about it.

Colours DS isn't canon.

Colours DS isn't canon.

Not to mention the extra characters in the DS version only appeared for missions and had no real effect on the story.

Colours DS isn't canon.

Where have you heard that?

Not to mention the extra characters in the DS version only appeared for missions and had no real effect on the story.

Yeah but since Colors and Generations started development at the same time, it seems likely that the appearances of those characters in the DS version would be kept consistent with how they will be in Sonic Generations.

Yeah, but it's completely off-topic anyway.

Now for the record, the hack that Jack has done prove that you won't be able to play as C.Sonic in Modern Stages and vice-versa. The spin-dash works by accelerating Sonic across a 2D plane, while the rainbow ramps/hoop crash the game cause C.Sonic doesn't have any behaviour programmed for them. Grin rails and homing chains aren't exactly practical for him either.

Yeah, but it's completely off-topic anyway.

Now for the record, the hack that Jack has done prove that you won't be able to play as C.Sonic in Modern Stages and vice-versa. The spin-dash works by accelerating Sonic across a 2D plane, while the rainbow ramps/hoop crash the game cause C.Sonic doesn't have any behaviour programmed for them. Grin rails and homing chains aren't exactly practical for him either.

Well grind rails will be seen in some classic levels.

The funny thing is, I suspect there is a way to get Classic Sonic to go on trick ramps an rainbow rings without a crash. He actually is programmed with the tricks just like Modern Sonic, actually he has some more programming for tricks than Modern Sonic does. It appears to be arranged a little differently but I'm not sure if that matters. Now what does matter is that perhaps if I add animations for the tricks to Classic Sonic's file maybe the game won't crash. This would actually be a very tedious process.

Well grind rails will be seen in some classic levels.

But he can't switch rails like M.Sonic can. Can he even jump when he's on them? It'd make for much difficulty in some parts where you hsve to swap rails to avoid spikes/a pit.

The funny thing is, I suspect there is a way to get Classic Sonic to go on trick ramps an rainbow rings without a crash. He actually is programmed with the tricks just like Modern Sonic, actually he has some more programming for tricks than Modern Sonic does. It appears to be arranged a little differently but I'm not sure if that matters. Now what does matter is that perhaps if I add animations for the tricks to Classic Sonic's file maybe the game won't crash. This would actually be a very tedious process.

Not sure he has anything programmed for them. Jimmy got the ramps to work, but he had to get the game to ignore the trick sequence.

But he can't switch rails like M.Sonic can. Can he even jump when he's on them? It'd make for much difficulty in some parts where you hsve to swap rails to avoid spikes/a pit.

Not sure he has anything programmed for them. Jimmy got the ramps to work, but he had to get the game to ignore the trick sequence.

This is from Classic Sonic's programming file:

" <AdTrickAddChaosEnergyBonus>10</AdTrickAddChaosEnergyBonus>

<AdTrickAddChaosEnergyLv1>10</AdTrickAddChaosEnergyLv1>

<AdTrickAddChaosEnergyLv2>10</AdTrickAddChaosEnergyLv2>

<AdTrickAddChaosEnergyLv3>10</AdTrickAddChaosEnergyLv3>

<AdTrickAnimSpeedOnSkill>3</AdTrickAnimSpeedOnSkill>

<AdTrickGameSpeed>0.65</AdTrickGameSpeed>

<AdTrickGameSpeedAwakeTime>2</AdTrickGameSpeedAwakeTime>

<AdTrickGameSpeedAwakeTimeOfStart>0.25</AdTrickGameSpeedAwakeTimeOfStart>

<AdTrickGameSpeedOfStart>0.4</AdTrickGameSpeedOfStart>

<AdTrickGameSpeedSV>0.85</AdTrickGameSpeedSV>

<AdTrickVelocityXZOfHorz>20</AdTrickVelocityXZOfHorz>

<AdTrickVelocityXZOfRolling>20</AdTrickVelocityXZOfRolling>

<AdTrickVelocityXZOfVert>20</AdTrickVelocityXZOfVert>

<AdTrickVelocityYOfHorz>20</AdTrickVelocityYOfHorz>

<AdTrickVelocityYOfRolling>20</AdTrickVelocityYOfRolling>

<AdTrickVelocityYOfVert>20</AdTrickVelocityYOfVert>"

So Polygon Jim removed the tricks? But then how come the game froze at the next trick sequence?

Ah, okay. Maybe he is just missing the animations or something then. He got the ramps to work, but not the hoop. They're different objects after all, so they have different sets of scripts to follow. It'll be relatively easy to get the ramps and hoops working on an amateur level, but it's not something that SEGA would have the time to do.

Ah, okay. Maybe he is just missing the animations or something then. He got the ramps to work, but not the hoop. They're different objects after all, so they have different sets of scripts to follow. It'll be relatively easy to get the ramps and hoops working on an amateur level, but it's not something that SEGA would have the time to do.

Yeah but the script that is freezing the game is tricks. The ramps and rainbow hoops work fine, you can even hear them, but when you enter trick mode the game crashes. I'm just assuming they use one script for trick mode but I could be completely wrong.

Now what's going to make adding the animations difficult is I have to add them to the archive tree as well or they won't pack with the rest of the files. That'll be annoying.

Now if we're talking about this being a feature in the final game well I don't think the fact that the game crashes now means that they aren't working on it, they could still be programming things, hell the Wisp powers are completely there in this build.

I personally don't think that this is going to be a feature though. But I do suspect at least one mission where they do this because if you think about it, if they design a mission layout which does not involve doing anything that would freeze the game, then it would work fine. Hell they might even make a mission where Classic Sonic just goes through a Modern 2D section.

This is from Classic Sonic's programming file:

" <AdTrickAddChaosEnergyBonus>10</AdTrickAddChaosEnergyBonus>

<AdTrickAddChaosEnergyLv1>10</AdTrickAddChaosEnergyLv1>

<AdTrickAddChaosEnergyLv2>10</AdTrickAddChaosEnergyLv2>

<AdTrickAddChaosEnergyLv3>10</AdTrickAddChaosEnergyLv3>

<AdTrickAnimSpeedOnSkill>3</AdTrickAnimSpeedOnSkill>

<AdTrickGameSpeed>0.65</AdTrickGameSpeed>

<AdTrickGameSpeedAwakeTime>2</AdTrickGameSpeedAwakeTime>

<AdTrickGameSpeedAwakeTimeOfStart>0.25</AdTrickGameSpeedAwakeTimeOfStart>

<AdTrickGameSpeedOfStart>0.4</AdTrickGameSpeedOfStart>

<AdTrickGameSpeedSV>0.85</AdTrickGameSpeedSV>

<AdTrickVelocityXZOfHorz>20</AdTrickVelocityXZOfHorz>

<AdTrickVelocityXZOfRolling>20</AdTrickVelocityXZOfRolling>

<AdTrickVelocityXZOfVert>20</AdTrickVelocityXZOfVert>

<AdTrickVelocityYOfHorz>20</AdTrickVelocityYOfHorz>

<AdTrickVelocityYOfRolling>20</AdTrickVelocityYOfRolling>

<AdTrickVelocityYOfVert>20</AdTrickVelocityYOfVert>"

So Polygon Jim removed the tricks? But then how come the game froze at the next trick sequence?

QQmMb.png

What do you think go for it "Go for it!" means, or have you already found out?