Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

EDIT: Hold on, what are the question marks for?

In the E3 demo, they were used when City Escape was accessed. Their use in the final game is anyone's guess.

So, did anyone get that bit of information where someone on Youtube was mentioning the possible plotline to Sonic Generations? Of course, Youtube is not a place for valid information, but the guy seems slightly trustworthy, considering that the level list among other things was leaked to that user from a guy who has a good bit of inside sources. It's not impossible, after all; considering that someone a while back confirmed the level list for us as well (only for us to not believe it, and then find out it was real, and then raged about it, and then realized it's not that bad except for really strict classic fanboys).

Anyways, supposedly Time Eater is a monster created by Eggman to bring back all of his creations from through time, so he can supposedly rid of Sonic and make his own world he calls Planet Egg, I believe? Yeah, I think that was it.

In the E3 demo, they were used when City Escape was accessed. Their use in the final game is anyone's guess.

I assumed that they either don't have a use in the Final Game, or they'll appear over zones/bosses that you've yet to unlock.

So, did anyone get that bit of information where someone on Youtube was mentioning the possible plotline to Sonic Generations? Of course, Youtube is not a place for valid information, but the guy seems slightly trustworthy, considering that the level list among other things was leaked to that user from a guy who has a good bit of inside sources. It's not impossible, after all; considering that someone a while back confirmed the level list for us as well (only for us to not believe it, and then find out it was real, and then raged about it, and then realized it's not that bad except for really strict classic fanboys).

Anyways, supposedly Time Eater is a monster created by Eggman to bring back all of his creations from through time, so he can supposedly rid of Sonic and make his own world he calls Planet Egg, I believe? Yeah, I think that was it.

Here's my take on it:

Yep. Windmill Isle was known as "White Walls" in Japan, I believe. I'm thinking those were the only two wildly different names but I might be wrong.

"White Walls"? Wow. Those names are quite strange.huh.gif I knew the game had a different name in Japan (Sonic World Adventure), but I didn't know some of the levels had different names too. I prefer the localized names for the west though. "Rooftop Run" and "Windmill Isle" just sound better to me than "Orange Roofs" and "White Walls".

So does this mean Eggman's the game's Big Bad again like in Colors Wii? If so, YEAAAAAAAAAH! laugh.gif If not, oh well. tongue.gif

Edited by Spider-Man Noir

Orange Roofs...what the hell, LOL? Also...what is Death Egg Robo. Isn't it supposed to be just Death Egg? ohmy.gif

EDIT: Oh, Orange Roofs is Rooftop Run and Death Egg Robo is that mech Eggman runs into in Sonic 2...I think...

Edited by KrazyBean14

Orange Roofs?? What the hell is that?

It's the Japanese name for Rooftop Run apparently.

So I'm guessing that the Information Pod will be 'Options' OR will be the place to go to view extra content...or BOTH!

Orange Roofs...what the hell, LOL? Also...what is Death Egg Robo. Isn't it supposed to be just Death Egg? ohmy.gif

EDIT: Oh, Orange Roofs is Rooftop Run and Death Egg Robo is that mech Eggman runs into in Sonic and Knuckles...

Fixed for truth.

Fixed for truth.

OH...it's the Sonic & Knuckles version, SWEET!! I guess Sonic 4 did the Sonic 2 version of the Death Egg Robo so it makes sense.

On "No cutscenes in Crisis City" biz, unless there's something I am missing, the events list in the demo is very incomplete. It only lists off a handful of the events and not them all, while the demo assets are useful for revealing core details, remember it is not the final game and not complete, and not aiming to be as well since it was a early demo.

• Thumbs Up 2

Changing topic.

Jack have you found anything about title screen. I came up with awsome idea! Maybe depending on wchich era stage you played last title screen changes? My ideas:

-After Classic levels (and at start) it will be title screen as shown in demo.

-After Dreamcast levels. The logo will build from pieces in Space and after it there will be Classic and Modern shown the way Sonic and Shadow were displayed in SA2 title screen (so artwork way) (Live and Learn play in background)

-After modern era. Orchestra ver. Of main theme will play (Live and Learn?) and logo will be shown.

So what do you think guys?

• Thumbs Up 3

I would love a changing level title screen, but something tells me it'll be Green Hill the whole time. If they go the extra mile, maybe make it all white at first and as you complete more of the game, more color returns to it?

Edited by Dusk Golem

That's an awesome idea, actually. It would be a good homage on what each Era represent. I hope it's something like that.

On "No cutscenes in Crisis City" biz, unless there's something I am missing, the events list in the demo is very incomplete. It only lists off a handful of the events and not them all, while the demo assets are useful for revealing core details, remember it is not the final game and not complete, and not aiming to be as well since it was a early demo.

From what I remember we only know name of every CGI cutscene. There are also some events (dont remember exact number) but only 4 of them were named in demo ("White World" in Green Hill to "After Him" in Chemical Plant). There are CGIs after every Big Boss. We assmue that before boss there will be event cutscene (but there can be CGI I dont remember this).

Different thing is with rival bosses. Those get 11 cutscenes (one for intro and one for outro makes 6 so 5 are free.) in my opinion this 5 is changing enviroment or transition to other Sonic (combined with lack of boss dedication (for one Sonic Big Bosses have them) and that interview in Famitsu this can prove that both Sonics fight Rivals.

Edited by HUNTER297

From what I remember we only know name of every CGI cutscene. There are also some events (dont remember exact number) but only 4 of them were named in demo ("White World" in Green Hill to "After Him" in Chemical Plant). There are CGIs after every Big Boss. We assmue that before boss there will be event cutscene (but there can be CGI I dont remember this).

Different thing is with rival bosses. Those get 11 cutscenes (one for intro and one for outro makes 6 so 5 are free.) in my opinion this 5 is changing enviroment or transition to other Sonic (combined with lack of boss dedication (for one Sonic Big Bosses have them) and that interview in Famitsu this can prove that both Sonics fight Rivals.

Correct, though minding you this was me reading over the assets of core files. There is a chance some information stored somewhere could of named off or detailed more, but I also find it very unlikely, but not impossible. An inherent flaw in designing a game is that it's a really good idea for development to keep everything very organized. This also is a flaw though as then when people like us come to look at the files, it's easier to read from as it's organized.

That's great! So, I like how the Rivals are being handled so far, with both Sonic's getting a chance to face them! I'm still a tad miffed about the other 3 bosses though, with only one Classic battle and 2 Modern battles. It just seems a bit lop-sided, is all.

That's great! So, I like how the Rivals are being handled so far, with both Sonic's getting a chance to face them! I'm still a tad miffed about the other 3 bosses though, with only one Classic battle and 2 Modern battles. It just seems a bit lop-sided, is all.

You never know, the same principle may still apply to the big bosses as well (meaning you might be able to fight them with both Sonics too). I'm guessing there's going to be 2 phases for each boss fight; 1 with Classic and another for Modern. I also think there could be some kind of Mini-Cutscene of sorts to show the transition between the 2 phases (Kinda like the Solaris and Dark Gaia boss fights).

Edited by Spider-Man Noir

It's not really one-sided. It's actually really balanced out for the whole 20 years of Sonic.

Classic - Metal, Death Egg

Dreamcast (Middle) - Shadow, Perfect Chaos

Modern - Silver, Egg Dragoon

I'd say that's balanced. Although i can see backlash from retro fanboys thinking the game is celebrating Classic Sonic and not the whole series.

Retro is talking about the Japanese parts of the demo.

http://forums.sonicr...95

It seems the Death Egg is definitely the Death Egg from Sonic & Knuckles, and is just a robo boss section, instead of being a full boss stage.

Awesome. I hope that's the case. Seeing as the name Eggrobo was used in Sonic and Knuckles rather than Sonic 2 it gives me hope.

Also, while they may not be catchy, I like 'Orange Roofs' and 'White Walls'. It's very Japanese to recognise the beauty in simplicity.

It's not really one-sided. It's actually really balanced out for the whole 20 years of Sonic.

Classic - Metal, Death Egg

Dreamcast (Middle) - Shadow, Perfect Chaos

Modern - Silver, Egg Dragoon

I'd say that's balanced. Although i can see backlash from retro fanboys thinking the game is celebrating Classic Sonic and not the whole series.

Oh, I think the list is perfectly balanced, I meant how Modern Sonic and Classic Sonic fight the same number of Rivals, but Modern Sonic gets 2 bosses while Classic only fights one. I hope both Sonics fight each boss as well as the Rivals, especially since each Sonic has different versions of each level. I mean, come on, who doesn't wanna see a Modern take on the Death Egg Robo fight, or a Classic Sonic version of the Egg Dragoon fight?

But you were barely on the ships in Egg Fleet, you were usually around them whereas you were always inside the ship in Sky Deck and it was a bigger and cooler looking ship where bigger and cooler looking weapons tried to kill you and you blew shit up. That's why I say go with that because give that the standard steroid injection of Sonic Generations and you get something so awesome it would make your brain explode. Not to mention Sky Deck had better music.

Also I say Starlight Carnival is closer to the SU opening because it's ships are actually in space. Hell I often call it "Sonic Unleashed Opening the Level."

Well It's my view on egg fleet and they are re-imagining the levels so they could make it like the unleashed opening if they wanted. Starlight carnival I still don't see it like the unleashed opening since your rarely on the ships. Sky deck your on One ship most of the time. I think To me Egg feet reminds me of the Unleashed opening More than starlight Carnival. But Sky deck is still cool I'm not arguing about that. Egg fleet just gives me more of a steroid injection.

Oh, I think the list is perfectly balanced, I meant how Modern Sonic and Classic Sonic fight the same number of Rivals, but Modern Sonic gets 2 bosses while Classic only fights one. I hope both Sonics fight each boss as well as the Rivals, especially since each Sonic has different versions of each level. I mean, come on, who doesn't wanna see a Modern take on the Death Egg Robo fight, or a Classic Sonic version of the Egg Dragoon fight?

Oh right. Sorry i misread that. I see what you mean. Just to clarify, Modern Sonic is facing Shadow, right?

Edited by Neon