Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

Whoa, they actually are putting in Crisis City just because? Interesting.

The Chaos Emeralds from the bosses...? What are the red rings for?

Wait Red ring? I missed something? Those ring like icons in HUB worlds are probably missions. Even if red rings are there I think story-wise we will get emeralds after boss fights while to unlock Super Sonic in levels we will need to do something extra.

Wait Red ring? I missed something? Those ring like icons in HUB worlds are probably missions. Even if red rings are there I think story-wise we will get emeralds after boss fights while to unlock Super Sonic in levels we will need to do something extra.

The Red Rings are in the levels. Watch the trailers carefully and you can spot them. I guess it IS possible that they unlock the missions.

Whoa, they actually are putting in Crisis City just because? Interesting.

Well there goes my hopes of the colors writers taking jabs at 06....

Seems kinda annoying to get to see Super Sonic in action for the Final Boss but have to do completely different challenges for them playable in stages...but I wouldn't mind much.

AAUK spoke to Sonic Team about it. Word of God has stated that Sonic Chronicles is not canon.

Proof:

http://forums.sega.c...-be-canon/page6

To make things a bit easier for you guys:

Sonic Chronicles is not canon.

Or cannon.

Or Ganon.

Or Gammon.

Or Jimmy Fallon.

We've already had this on Bumbleking. "I want someone from SOJ or Bioware otherwise its not real" I've got news for you, good luck finding either on here or on Bumbleking. If SOE/A word isn't good enough for you you're REALLY in the wrong forum!
smile.gif

Now you can either take the word of the Community Manager who has worked on ever single Sonic related game since Rush Adventure, who knows the standpoint on Chronicles from Japan, has discussed such matters with Sonic Team and coincidentally, has been the only one to actually address this with you guys
orrr
you can cling on to the belief that the events of Chronicles are somehow now written in stone for all things Sonic.

Its highly likely some points will bleed in to canon, but the only "events" that should realistically be considered current
game series
canon and defining the story of Sonic's world are those from the main thread of consoles titles post-Sonic Adventure. Even then some of those events that happened within have been retconed over the years to varying degrees.

So to my knowledge the following are concrete as having "happened".

- ARK Incident (50 Years Ago)

- {Events Of Sonic 1-3&K in some form}

- Station Square Incident, Unleashing of Perfect Chaos (SA1)

- Awakening Of Shadow, Fall Of ARK (SA2)

- Return of Metal Sonic and the overthrow of Eggman (Heroes)

- Coming Of The Black Comet and The Black Arms War (ShTH)

- The shattering of the world / Coming of Dark/Light Gaia. (Unleashed)

- The Encounter With The Wisps (Colours)

I hope I've not left anything out... the might change their minds in time. Now, i'm not counting Sonic 4 in this currently as obviously we don't know the full story with that as yet, I think you can probably pencil it in if you like after S&K in that list. Storybook - No. M&S - No. Rush/Rush Adv - You can't really say it is as its the whole future/alternate dimension thing which has already proven to be in flux. Sonic 06 - The events of the game prevented it from ever happening in the first place. Rivals - arguably R2
might
be, but you've got the whole future thing with Silver again. Everything I've heard tells me no to both however.

Of course to me I'm quite open to the fact that there are multiple-continuities Original Mobius Story/Modern Earth Continuity/Fleetway/Archie/SatAM/Underground/Sonic X/etc and try not to get hung up on such details about which is the "true" one...

Yup Shadow definately happened, or should I say MOST of Shadow happened; I think a few details might have got tweaked over time but we're safe to assume Westopolis bit the dust for instance. Certainly Shadow coming to terms with his past via conflict with Black Doom occurred as that has shaped Shadow's current character - otherwise he wouldn't be a GUN agent by the time Sonic 06 rolled around or indeed Chronicles which was what this thread was all about in the first place.

Cero: Advance - No, at least not in events although some details have again bled over. Vanilla/Cream for instance. The handheld games in general even Sonic Colours DS as the Wii and DS stories can't BOTH have happened should all be considered non-canon. The only one that is I believe the one I forgot and that you mentioned, Sonic Battle. If that is not canon its as close as you can get without being. CD was intended to be covered in that class between S1-S3&K.

And you'd be right. I think I ended up editing my post which handled most of your resultant response Pur-Rulz, sorry about that.

Knuckles Chaotix is an odd one because it is by definition somewhat seperate, Heroes and the games since didn't exactly play on the fact Knuckles knew the Chaotix and they themselves are very different from their initial appearances. Its never really come up in discussion so I doubt it is considered modern canon, if anything for the very reason I just said regarding the lack of familiarity in Heroes.

I think that's enough indepth analysis of Sonic for today!!! X_x

Well you get one more.

Straaaaange ISN'T IT? The future is not set in stone, as a result of course Silver's met Sonic for the first time
twice
. It is an intersting discussion point so yeah do that. Bah this requires a diagram or something! I'll have to see if I can do one at some point...

Riders: Riders probably is considered canon, but let us say
conditionally
. I find it unlikely that the events of Riders will ever be a defining factor on the story of whatever main branch story game happens in the future which is why its not listed. Otherwise whenever Sonic had come across big chasms and things post Riders 1 he'd've gone "wait if I just use my Extreme Gear I can do this thing a heck of a lot easier".

Actually before I go, TIMELINE EDIT:

-Massacre Of The Knuckles Tribe / Sealing Of Chaos & Tikal (X Years Ago)

- ARK Incident (50 Years Ago)

So let's review, shall we?

CANON GAMES:

Sonic 1 (16-bit) - Japanese Canon only (As in, they live on Earth, NOT Mobius)

Sonic 2 (16-bit) - Japanese Canon only

Sonic CD - Japanese Canon only

Sonic 3 - Japanese Canon only

Sonic & Knuckles - Japanese Canon only

Sonic Adventure

Sonic Adventure 2

Sonic Heroes

Shadow The Hedgehog

Sonic Unleashed

Sonic Colors (Wii version only)

Sonic Riders Trilogy (But is "conditionally" canon)

Sonic Generations (Most likely Canon, Possibly the HD Console versions only)

As for Sonic 06 being present in Generations, I think it's a similar case to Future Trunks from Dragon Ball Z, where Future Trunks comes from an Alternate Future that's not necessarily the future of Goku's timeline, so that same principle can be applied to Canon Sonic and Non-Canon 06 Silver's timelines due to the Time Eater messing things up and all.

Edited by Spider-Man Noir
  • Thumbs Up 4

Yuji Naka as himself said he can't see Sonic in a relationship and that Amy will probably always be chasing him trying to be his girlfriend. Besides the Storybook series is non-canon.

Yuji Naka said that he can't imagine them getting married and having children, he didn't say nothing about them ever dating. Also, I'm amazed that people are still bringing this up since that interview with Yuji Naka must be over 10 years old and things had changed since Yuji Naka lefted.

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 1

Alright here's something, I just found out that you get chaos emeralds when you beat the bosses.

Hold on, if we get Chaos Emeralds from bosses, are there any cutscene titles to prove this, how did you find out?

Hold on, if we get Chaos Emeralds from bosses, are there any cutscene titles to prove this, how did you find out?

Also since all this off-topic shit has come from Crisis City, I took the liberty of checking if there are any cutscenes ("Events" as they are called) pertaining to Crisis City, I saw none. There Crisis City has no reason to be there other than for the sake of representing 06.

Crisis City: Hi guys.

Other Stages: Wait why are you here, you're not even canon?

Crisis City: I know, I'm just here to make my obligatory cameo.

• Thumbs Up 1

You really aren't all that bright. Just because you don't like 06' doesn't make it non-canon.

If Crisis City is only in the game to make an "obligatory cameo" what do you think the other stages are doing? Er the exact same thing.

They're all just stages in the game, all there to represent the different stages of Sonic's history. His 15th anniversary included.

Thanks for sharing that. I remember that. biggrin.gif

You guys should note that AAUK still says that Rush, Rivals and Battle could be canon. I'd say they are. I'd also personally pencil Riders and Storybook in, since it doesn't matter if they're canon or not. They hold no bearing on anything.

Retro is talking about the Japanese parts of the demo.

http://forums.sonicr...95

stglstjpnsubs.png

It seems the Death Egg is definitely the Death Egg from Sonic & Knuckles, and is just a robo boss section, instead of being a full boss stage.

Edited by Neon
  • Thumbs Up 1

Looking over all this data, it sounds great, and its good to get a confirmation on seeing the Sonic and Knuckles rendition of the Death Egg boss battle. Still, I can't help but feel that they could have chosen a better stage than Seaside Hill to represent Sonic Heroes... but whatever lol

Huh, how does that show that's definitely from S&K?

Orange Roofs? Hahaha

And Infomation Pod xD

Edited by Marcellof

Retro is talking about the Japanese parts of the demo.

This doesn't really confirm that it's the Sonic&Knuckles boss. Death Egg Robo could easily refer to the Mech from Sonic 2, couldn't it?

Death Egg Robo from Sonic & Knuckles? YEAAAAAAH! laugh.gif

"Orange Roofs"? I didn't know Rooftop Run had a different name in Japan...huh.gif I'm glad they changed it's name for the west; "Rooftop Run" sounds so much better in my opinion.

Well I interpret "From the games" as you will know aftwr taking one look at it or hearing one bit of it's soundtrck or reading it's name that it is a level from [insert title here]. To me the most important parts of Crisis City are making it look like it did in 06 (but with superior Hedgehog Engine graphics), including the enemies that were in the original level, including a street boarding section, and including a giant fire tornado. The story is one of the least important aspects about it. I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't even a single cut-scene about that location.

But yes I agree that we've speculated this stage to death and should move on so let me pull something random from the demo for us to argue endlessly:

*reads through files* hmmm......let's see......world domination plan.....story sequence.......poisoned drinks......GOT IT!

So I was looking through the files and go this:

"function destroyStorySequence()

for i = 1, s_BossKeyCount do

local act = s_BossKeyActors;

if act ~= nil then

act:delete();

s_BossKeyActors = nil;

end

end

for i = 1, s_HardModeCount do

local act = s_HardModeActors;

if act ~= nil then

act:delete();

s_HardModeActors = nil;

end

end

if s_Sequence ~= nil then

-- Sequence��

s_Sequence:deleteChildActor();

s_Sequence:delete();

s_Sequence = nil;

PrintString("Destroy Story");"

Destroy Story? Delete Child Actor? WTF?

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, Japan likes using literal to the extreme, huh.

EDIT: Hold on, what are the question marks for?

Edited by Xenos

Wow, Japan likes using literal to the extreme, huh.

EDIT: Hold on, what are the question marks for?

250px-The_Claw.jpg

Some super, ultra, mega, secret content.

• Thumbs Up 9