Awoo.

Sonic Generations : General Hacking Thread

azoo

Well do you have a xbox? if so can you join me in a party?PM me.

I do have 360, but why do you want me to PM you?

I do have 360, but why do you want me to PM you?

So you can give me your gamertag that way no one else can ask you.

So no one else will bother you or ask about the thing you wouldn't talk about here.

If you mean that I just got a sneak peak of Super Sonic, I already said that before and I'm certainly not giving out a version of the demo with those changes, nor am I making a video about it. There isn't really much for me to say about since it isn't really Super Sonic, it's regular Sonic with Super Sonic's model, textures, and animations.

• Thumbs Up 2

If you mean that I just got a sneak peak of Super Sonic, I already said that before and I'm certainly not giving out a version of the demo with those changes, nor am I making a video about it. There isn't really much for me to say about since it isn't really Super Sonic, it's regular Sonic with Super Sonic's model, textures, and animations.

I don't want the demo, You said that you know how were supposed to get the chaos emeralds and I wanted to know out of curiosity how you get them. But sorry if i made it sound like something else.

I don't want the demo, You said that you know how were supposed to get the chaos emeralds and I wanted to know out of curiosity how you get them. But sorry if i made it sound like something else.

I didn't get the chaos emeralds. I don't think they're even in the demo. I replaced Sonics' models, annimations, and textures with their Super Sonic counterparts.

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn't get the chaos emeralds. I don't think they're even in the demo. I replaced Sonics' models, annimations, and textures with their Super Sonic counterparts.

Oh whoops When you said "we are" I thought you were referring to the chaos emeralds in that comment. The super sonic info is nice though.

We are. As of two hours ago, I've seen them with my own eyes.

Really, now? For both Classic and Modern Sonic?

I saw their figures: http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item2312fbf612

These look about right? Also, I can already hear the rage about Classic Super Sonic not having green eyes..... ironically enough.

Definitely on par with their Generations models. For the record, their models and textures exist in the leftover data in the demo.

Edited by Blue Blood

Oooh, well this looks new. Someone over at Retro was awesome enough to use the assets in the demo to build the teleporter from Sky Sanctuary. Check it out:

skysanct2.png

Edited by SpookyMulder
  • Thumbs Up 1

So we might start out in Hidden Palace? Hopefully we get a Knuckles cutscene beforehand. Although those same teleporters are in Sky Sanctuary itself so we might not be.

Edited by Neon

So we might start out in Hidden Palace? Hopefully we get a Knuckles cutscene beforehand. Although those same teleporters are in Sky Sanctuary itself so we might not be.

I think it's very possible that we see at least a little bit of Hidden Palace. Maybe Lava Reef, but that's stretching it.

Definitely on par with their Generations models. For the record, their models and textures exist in the leftover data in the demo.

Yes and you can use replace Classic and Modern Sonic's textures, animations, and models with their super counterparts to get a glimpse of what they'll look like in game.

These figures are very accurate to the game, though Modern Super Sonic is a lot shinier.

There was some interesting speculation on Retro regarding Lava Reef showing up in Sky Sanctuary. Their logic is that each remake has a unique spin on the original. In Green Hill Generations we explore the previously inaccessable mountains and the caverns. In Chemical Plant, we se it melting down. City Escape has the truck chasing you, destroying the environment as you move. It stands to reason that all stages will follow a similar philosophy, so what can they do to make Sky Sanctuary new a different?

The suggestion I saw on Retro, which I quite like, is that we could actually play through Sky Sanctuary as it collapses into Lava Reef. Perhaps this is how the teleporters could be incorporated? As you fall into Lava Reef, you need to find a teleporter which takes you back up to the ruins?

Hidden Palace could be like the cave in green hill zone(and we could get a look at the mural), but instead of being in the middle of the level is at the start.

There was some interesting speculation on Retro regarding Lava Reef showing up in Sky Sanctuary. Their logic is that each remake has a unique spin on the original. In Green Hill Generations we explore the previously inaccessable mountains and the caverns. In Chemical Plant, we se it melting down. City Escape has the truck chasing you, destroying the environment as you move. It stands to reason that all stages will follow a similar philosophy, so what can they do to make Sky Sanctuary new a different?

The suggestion I saw on Retro, which I quite like, is that we could actually play through Sky Sanctuary as it collapses into Lava Reef. Perhaps this is how the teleporters could be incorporated? As you fall into Lava Reef, you need to find a teleporter which takes you back up to the ruins?

Where did you hear anything about Lava Reef?

Edit: oh is this about the teleporter? You guys do realize those were in Sky Sanctuary too, not just Hidden Palace.

Edited by Jacktheinfinite101

@jacktheinfinite101, I didn't hear anything official. As I said, it was merely some interesting speculation on the part of some users.

I think that'd be cool, but I don't think that'd be the case. Perhaps we might see Hidden Palace-like areas, but that's my guess, given the fine line between Lava Reef and Sky Sanctuary as levels, and the possibility of Lava Reef showing up in the 3DS version, due to the high amount of votes it received. Plus Crisis City makes a pretty definitive lava-based level..

But hey, it could happen! We'll just have to wait and see.

Where did you hear anything about Lava Reef?

Edit: oh is this about the teleporter? You guys do realize those were in Sky Sanctuary too, not just Hidden Palace.

Yeah, but we can dream right?tongue.gif

I DID say earlier that after seeing Chemical Plant, I was convicned that the levels weren't remakes, they were reimaginings instead. :)